• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

First Time Skier Information

EasternCanadaDiva

Certified Ski Diva
Amen! so great to find this post!

A friend wanted me to teach her skiing, I said no because I tried to teach a friend many years ago and she twisted her angle while I went to the lodge for a while.

I worried that she may find me no nice as she maybe want to save some money....after reading this post, I am relieved.

Jilly

Staff member
Please make her take a lesson. You know how to ski, but you don't know how to teach. That's what we learn taking CSIA, PSIA, BASI, NZSIA etc courses and certifications. Check up in Gatineau, I'm sure someone is running a first timer package. Lifts, lessons, and rentals for a package price.

EasternCanadaDiva

Certified Ski Diva
Please make her take a lesson. You know how to ski, but you don't know how to teach. That's what we learn taking CSIA, PSIA, BASI, NZSIA etc courses and certifications. Check up in Gatineau, I'm sure someone is running a first timer package. Lifts, lessons, and rentals for a package price.

oh, man...I just checked the program and pass price of Mont Cascade in Gatineau, it's $324 +tax now. A few years ago it was $175 including tax. That was dirty cheap.

oh, wow, the good old times, and that was just a few years ago! This inflation is killing some people!

Jilly

Staff member
Ah Cascades is $121 for a full day rental, lift ticket and 1 hour group lesson. Look for beginner lessons. Calabogie has the best. $89 - Discover+. Lots of beginner lessons out there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly