• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Opening Dates, 2022

marzNC

Angel Diva
Will be plenty of options for skiing around Tahoe this weekend and next week after the big snowstorm that dropped 1-3 feet of snow in a couple days.

11/11: Mt. Rose, NV - announced 11/8 during snowstorm
11/12: Northstar, CA - a week early, announced 11/10
11/12: Heavenly, CA - a week early, announced 11/10
11/12: Kirkwood, CA - announced 11/10
11/18: Palisades Tahoe, CA - was 11/22

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Will be plenty of options for skiing around Tahoe this weekend and next week after the big snowstorm that dropped 1-3 feet of snow in a couple days.

11/11: Mt. Rose, NV - announced 11/8 during snowstorm
11/12: Northstar, CA - a week early, announced 11/10
11/12: Heavenly, CA - a week early, announced 11/10
11/12: Kirkwood, CA - announced 11/10
11/18: Palisades Tahoe, CA - was 11/22
Dodge Ridge tomorrow!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Friends are texting me now asking when we should go...........

marzNC

Angel Diva
Correction.
Aspen mountain is the only one opening early.
Are you sure? Here are the dates in the Nov. 11 update on the Aspen/Snowmass website. Also says Aspen and Snowmass will open on Nov. 19 on the website homepage.

Winter Operating Dates

Aspen Mountain: November 19, 2022 - April 16, 2023
Snowmass: November 19, 2022 - April 16, 2023
Aspen Highlands: December 10, 2022 - April 9, 2023
Buttermilk: December 17, 2022 - April 2, 2023

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Are you sure? Here are the dates in the Nov. 11 update on the Aspen/Snowmass website. Also says Aspen and Snowmass will open on Nov. 19 on the website homepage.

Winter Operating Dates

Aspen Mountain: November 19, 2022 - April 16, 2023
Snowmass: November 19, 2022 - April 16, 2023
Aspen Highlands: December 10, 2022 - April 9, 2023
Buttermilk: December 17, 2022 - April 2, 2023
Screenshot_20221111-192431_Aspen.jpg
Well, this is what the app is showing. I bet they forgot to update the app because their IG account is announcing Snowmass will also opens on 11/19. I will let them know they forgot to correct the app.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Well, this is what the app is showing. I bet they forgot to update the app because their IG account is announcing Snowmass will also opens on 11/19. I will let them know they forgot to correct the app.
I've been checking websites out of curiosity to see if a resort is keeping up with the changing situation. There are so many sources for opening dates, it's normal to find info that is out of date after big snowstorms or unexpected rain or warm weather require an adjustment in thinking. There is good reason that the phrase "weather permitting" is stated together with any opening date.

It will probably take a week or more before the Ikon opening date list reflects reality for all the resorts. :wink:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Killington will open this week! :thumbsup: If the weather forecast and Skiology Matt are to be believed. And Sunday River shouldn’t be too far behind.

I hope so, but they'll really have to work to make it happen. It's pouring here in Vermont today.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I hope so, but they'll really have to work to make it happen. It's pouring here in Vermont today.
We knew this rain was coming though, snowmaking is supposed to start tomorrow night. I was at an event at Wachusett last night and even they said they are starting snowmaking in earnest tomorrow evening. :smile: Bring on the cold!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Not yet. It's usually the last as its at lower elevation.
Norquay opened unusually early on Nov. 11. There has been a lot of snow in recent weeks.

November 10, 2022
" . . .
“Three weeks ago, we were in flip flops and today, we’re getting ready for one of the earliest openings in the Big Chair’s 74-year history,” said Jasper Johnson, Marketing & Communications Manager at Mt. Norquay. He continued, “conditions up here are looking great and we’re so happy to return to welcoming back locals and visitors from all over the world!”

No less than three weeks ago, the Canadian Rockies was experiencing one of the warmest and driest autumns on record. Now, with 64cm (25.5”) of recorded snowfall and 41cm (16.5”) of new snow in the last 7 days, Mt. Norquay looked like the depths of winter on Opening Day.

Generous early-season snow conditions made it possible to prepare Big Chair for Opening Weekend, something that has only happened a handful of times since the chair started spinning in 1948. The terrain under Big Chair, known as “steep and deep” (exclusively black and double-black runs), requires deep snow coverage and usually opens mid to late November.

This season, however, skiers and riders will be able to steal sublime powder turns as early as November 11, just in time for the long weekend.
. . ."

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly