• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Snowbound Festivals: Boston and Denver

marzNC

Angel Diva
Thank you! I got free tickets. So, who is going?
I expect there will be a Meet On the Hill (MOTH) thread started up in a few weeks.

I intend to go to Snowbound Boston, but haven't decided on details yet. Will definitely be there most of the day Friday when it will be less busy. I went to the previous snow expo the years my daughter was in prep school near Boston. She graduated in 2019.

marzNC

Angel Diva
If Friday is the least crowded day, I'd vote for Friday as our meet-up day.
There is no need to have only one meetup. For people driving farther or working on Friday, not much reason to limit to only one day. Especially if they have snagged a free 3-day ticket. There is more than enough to do to warrant spending more than a few hours. At least that's the case for me given that I'm curious about everything, as opposed to only what I may actually use personally.

Note that I also go to the NC State Fair more than once in order to cover everything of interest at times that aren't as crowded. A Sat or Sun morning can be a good time because vendors are more eager to chat, as compared to late Friday afternoon/evening when they are tired from a full day working a trade show.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Here are the times for Snowbound Boston. Looks to me as if most vendors till be setting up in Hynes on Friday morning. What won't be know until much closer to the opening day is how the speakers and other presentations will be scheduled. Snowbound has quite a few speakers from various segments of the ski industry. I'm hoping to say hello in person to Stuart Winchester of Storm Skiing.

OPENING TIMES
2pm – 7pm Friday November 18th
10am-5pm Saturday November 19th
10am -4pm Sunday November 20th 2022

marzNC

Angel Diva
Looking back in this thread, realized that they really cut back on evening hours. Originally was scheduled to stay open until 8pm on Friday and Saturday evenings. Also closing at 4pm instead of 5pm on Sunday but that doesn't make that much difference.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The speaker schedule for Snowbound Boston has been released. There will be two speaker venues running concurrently: Inspiration Stage and Snow Skills Cabin. Presentations end by about 4pm. A few speakers will present more than once, but about different topics.

MissySki

Angel Diva
The speaker schedule for Snowbound Boston has been released. There will be two speaker venues running concurrently: Inspiration Stage and Snow Skills Cabin. Presentations end by about 4pm. A few speakers will present more than once, but about different topics.

Ohh interesting, lots of speakers.

marzNC

Angel Diva
For anyone who didn't already get a free ticket to Snowbound Boston, there is a 50% off offer available in early October. The discount code is SNOW50.

There is a MOTH thread for Divas with enough posts to see Divas Only sections.

marzNC

Angel Diva
For people interested in gear at Snowbound, they just announced that Rossignol, K2, Salomon, and Volkl have signed on. The big brands Head, Blizzard, Nordica, Stöckli have been on board for a while. The list of indies includes 4FRNT, Peak, Meier, Parlor, and Renoun. Plus Burton for snowboards. That's a much longer list than I remember from the old Ski Expo in Boston.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For people interested in gear at Snowbound, they just announced that Rossignol, K2, Salomon, and Volkl have signed on. The big brands Head, Blizzard, Nordica, Stöckli have been on board for a while. The list of indies includes 4FRNT, Peak, Meier, Parlor, and Renoun. Plus Burton for snowboards. That's a much longer list than I remember from the old Ski Expo in Boston.
Can one buy skis there at a bargain?

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Since the organizers are new, I'm not sure. With the previous organizer Country Ski and Sports pretty much had a monopoly on sales. And I've never found their prices to be that good, either in store or at the show. Most of the other "vendors" weren't selling anything directly, they just had booths to showcase this year's new toys. Other than Country Ski and Sports, it was only small items for sale. Eisbar brand beanies, FastStrap (local company) ski carry straps, etc. Kulkea (another local brand) would direct you to CSS to buy things.

I don't think Country Ski and Sports will be there with the new organizer, so I'm curious to see if any ski shops take up the slack. CSS started doing their own warehouse sale/ mini ski show during covid when there was no big ski show. They are having their warehouse sale the weekend before Snowbound. The "ski show" part wasn't too well organized last year, but I'll still probably check it out anyhow since it isn't far from me.

I'm really hoping Snowbound will have the maple creamies truck still.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I doubt it. The brand booths will be more like a demo day at a major ski resort. Meaning the type of demo day where there is a nominal fee to demo all day. The difference is that there should be some very knowledgeable people for each brand, as well as the usual sales people who can't answer complex questions.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Realized that Ikon is a major sponsor for Snowbound Boston. The absence of Epic won't be obvious to newbies or folks who don't travel to the Rockies or other destination resorts in the west for ski trips. Might be a few Epic resorts represented though. Ikon is sponsoring the Alpine Mountain Bar. There will be Happy Hour token handed out to Ikon holders. Apparently there will be daily give-aways too.

Alterra will have a separate booth from Ikon. Mountain Collective will also have a booth.

TheGreenOne

Angel Diva
Going all three days, but unsure of exactly when we'll be at the show. Might be working remote on Friday and end the day early to get to the show for evening and whatever else.

I might take the week after off entirely, birthday is around thanksgiving so might go up north or to VT instead of heading directly back home afterwards.

ChloeHyland1

Diva in Training
Hello! I am new to the Ski Diva Forum and community and I actually work for the new organisers (Raccoon Media Group) for Snowbound Expo. I'm so excited to meet some Ski Divas at the show!
The show is different to before, but we organise lots of consumer expos in the UK which are hugely successful and we're certain we're bringing the Boston show back with lots of energy and new features including a stellar line up of speakers!
I'm happy to answer any questions you might have... so just reach out if you have any burning Q's.

If you haven't got your tickets, I can offer you 50% off weekend tickets (which are $30, so $15 when using the code) using a code SKIDIVA at the ticket checkout: www.showclix.com/event/snowbound-expo/tag/SKIDIVA
Of course, if you'd like to just pop in for a day to hear a specific speaker like Bode Miller or Conrad Anker, you can also get day tickets for $7.50.

We'd love welcome you all back to the show! Best wishes, Chloe Hyland

ChloeHyland1

Diva in Training
We are encouraging all ski brands to offer skis at a show special price. There isn't a Sale market hall any longer but that's because we are working directly with the brands rather than a retailer. There will be the LATEST products at discounted prices especially chosen for the show. We have just signed Sun & Ski Sports who are bringing in the brands Rossignol, Salomon, Volkl too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly