• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

First Day on the Sheeva 9's

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well its our turn now - Yippeeeeeee !!! So I bought the Blizzard Sheeva 9's and finally got to try them out yesterday at Mt Hutt. The snow was super variable but it was a stunning day and the Sheeva's despite it not being their preferred conditions were soooo much fun so thankyou to all the ladies that encouraged me to pull the trigger on them, I am one very happy Diva :yahoo: By the way I have heard that the ski/board equipment supply issue isnt going away anytime soon and that there are going to be significant price hikes (thats here in NZ but I imagine its a worldwide problem) next season so get saving gals !!!

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm guessing you are the owner of the 2023 Sheevas I spotted on the racks at coffee time yesterday, then? I'm also at Hutt at the moment - yesterday was a pretty good day for June (I accept variable as a given this early in the season, and having the snow guns running helped) but was a little unimpressed with the ice and the "cookies and cream" snow today. Tomorrow is for snowboarding!

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Haha thats such a coincidence !!! I did actually grab someone's old Black Pearls by mistake off the racks after our break and couldnt understand how my lovely new ski's were so beaten up until I realised what I'd done :laughter: I really dont like Mt Hutt but our local fields aren't open yet and I had fomo so I went up with a couple of friends. Although conditions were better than I expected I felt there was a lot of "cookies and cream" yesterday as well, my lovely new bases got grazed as I was offloading the Summit 6 a couple of times which I was unimpressed with ( come on lifties do a bit of shoveling) and then I hit a couple of rocks but that was entirely my fault. All in all it was a good first day, we were all a little rusty but got our heads around "how to do this skiing thing again" :ski:

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, the coverage is a bit iffy but I'll take what I can get - if you thought yesterday was bad, today there was no avoiding it because the base of the lifts all had gravel scattered in the snow, ditto the top of every run! It was about what Porters looked like in the July school holidays in 2020 when I was last there - but I think they look set to open with awesome coverage this year. That's your usual right?

Also, I'm glad the Sheeva 9s are working out for you - it's such a great feeling when you love a ski. Do you think you'll use your Black Pearls at all, or did you already sell them?

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yup Porters is my usual along with the club fields on occasion and yes they all have better coverage so far than Hutt, the snow came from the North West so the further West the more snow, Hutt tends to get more from the South. The BP's have moved on to a new home, I'm a one ski quiver kinda gal much to the dismay of the friends I was with yesterday who own a ski shop and always turn up with a couple of options, yesterdays were a pair of old race ski's pre lunch then the new Armada Reliance 92 Ti after lunch. I was really surprised with the edge hold on the Sheevas and the lack of chatter in the tips although to be fair I was skiing VERY conservatively so that might change if I were to push them. Hopefully Hutt gets some of the staff on shovels to try and bury the gravel rash before the long weekend. Enjoy your trip x

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is the day @AJM is referencing. I haven't taken any photos of the rock-snow from the last 48hrs, and I'm definitely going to have to do my edges (and contemplate ptexing some of the natural gravel "structure" added to my bases) once I get home! IMG_20220622_124850.jpg

Skidreamer

Certified Ski Diva
Well its our turn now - Yippeeeeeee !!! So I bought the Blizzard Sheeva 9's and finally got to try them out yesterday at Mt Hutt. The snow was super variable but it was a stunning day and the Sheeva's despite it not being their preferred conditions were soooo much fun so thankyou to all the ladies that encouraged me to pull the trigger on them, I am one very happy Diva :yahoo: By the way I have heard that the ski/board equipment supply issue isnt going away anytime soon and that there are going to be significant price hikes (thats here in NZ but I imagine its a worldwide problem) next season so get saving gals !!!
Fantastic news! What's feeding into the supply shortage on ski gear, any idea, out of interest?

Reactions: AJM

NWSkiGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love my Sheeva 10s! Although they aren't as elegant at carving as my Volkl Aura 100s. They are more like driving a bus - stable and confidence building. They are great off piste, and also in pow!

• Love

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I love my Sheeva 10s! Although they aren't as elegant at carving as my Volkl Aura 100s. They are more like driving a bus - stable and confidence building. They are great off piste, and also in pow!
And I now have both Sheeva 9's and 10's...... bought the 10's from a diva late season so haven't taken them out yet.... But demoed them a couple of years ago and loved them in powder.

NWSkiGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And I now have both Sheeva 9's and 10's...... bought the 10's from a diva late season so haven't taken them out yet.... But demoed them a couple of years ago and loved them in powder.

Oh nice! Yes, they are awesome in powder. I got lost one day and I was so happy I had them on!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Yes, I overshot a popular run and ended up in dire straights on my own in wild terrain! Luckily some snowboarders came by and gave me direction. I hiked back up some and traversed out. But while traversing out I had to duck a rope and overall it was super sketchy! But in the Sheevas I felt so stable and confident.
I can't wait to get out on mine. They are like new! I need to get the bindings adjusted, summer wax off, and I'm good to go.......I found them so fun in heavy sierra cement like we get here.....

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes they seemed great off piste which is one of the main reasons I bought them, I was pleasantly suprised how well they performed on the groomers which is an added bonus !!! x

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, I overshot a popular run and ended up in dire straights on my own in wild terrain! Luckily some snowboarders came by and gave me direction. I hiked back up some and traversed out. But while traversing out I had to duck a rope and overall it was super sketchy! But in the Sheevas I felt so stable and confident.
Thats great to know as I often end up unwittingly on super sketchy terrain .... sometimes its just the T Bar lift line up !! I've just heard that my local ski area isnt opening on Friday after all as most of the patrollers have Covid :cry: I was so looking forward to taking them out again on home turf x

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Thats great to know as I often end up unwittingly on super sketchy terrain .... sometimes its just the T Bar lift line up !! I've just heard that my local ski area isnt opening on Friday after all as most of the patrollers have Covid :cry: I was so looking forward to taking them out again on home turf x
Oh let us know... I demoed about two-three years ago and thought so fun. Meanwhile I bought the Sheeva 9 (for more groomers etc) and then @chasinghorizons had them in my size for sale and voila! Now I have them....
Hope you can ski soon. Damn that Covid.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly