• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What to watch? (need streaming series suggestions)

altagirl

Staff member
There are a bunch of good shows on Apple TV (the best is definitely Ted Lasso). I'm on a 3 month trial, but I may become a regular subscriber when the trial period is up
At least its inexpensive and easy to cancel. I watched all the content I wanted to see, canceled and will resubscribe when the next Ted Lasso season is out.

Bookworm

Angel Diva
I just watched a show on Netflix (I'm pretty sure) called Friends From College. Really liked it. Very funny and well-done.

altagirl

Staff member
I'm slowly working on learning Spanish and have been enjoying Los Espookys on HBO. It's mostly in Spanish with English subtitles, and I can turn on Spanish subtitles too which is helpful. And it's really funny, in a goofy sort of way. Plus it's written by bilingual comedians, and I was reading how they put the effort in to make the jokes hit in both languages, which is great.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
"Dark Winds" is a new series showing on AMC. I think it's only 6 episodes long but was renewed for a second season. It's a crime show set in New Mexico and is very good.
For fans of Dark Winds, it's based on a book by Tony Hillerman called Listening Woman. He's written an entire series of mysteries that are set in the 4 Corners area of NM, on the Navajo, Hopi, and other pueblo reservations, and are so culturally accurate that soem schools in NM use them to help educate the Native American kids about their culture. They're great stories (he's won the Edgar award for Mysterie several times), and build on one another, so you get to follow the lives of Leaphorn and Chee. Since Tony died I've read that his daughter is continuing to write in his style, although I haven't read any of her books yet, although I've read all of his.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
For fans of Dark Winds, it's based on a book by Tony Hillerman called Listening Woman. He's written an entire series of mysteries that are set in the 4 Corners area of NM, on the Navajo, Hopi, and other pueblo reservations, and are so culturally accurate that soem schools in NM use them to help educate the Native American kids about their culture. They're great stories (he's won the Edgar award for Mysterie several times), and build on one another, so you get to follow the lives of Leaphorn and Chee. Since Tony died I've read that his daughter is continuing to write in his style, although I haven't read any of her books yet, although I've read all of his.
Now I'm definitely watching it. I'll likely read those books, too. Thanks for the info!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've been watching "The Last Kingdom" on Netflix. About 9th century Christian pre-England Britain being invaded by the heathen Danes. A little gory given the subject matter, an appealing hero, lots of history.

The Scots are north of Hadrian's Wall. The Danes have invaded northern England (Northumbria) and keep making inroads west and south into the kingdoms of Mercia and Wessex, where the richest lands are. King Alfred of Wessex, in the city of Witanceaster (Winchester) dreams of a unified England.

Place names are Romanized or Old English; subtitles tell you what the current name is for the sake of familiarity. It's interesting to read up on history to see how the fictional story fits.

Lmk92

Angel Diva
I've enjoyed that show, without really knowing the history too well. You may have just convinced me to get better educated on the subject, and rewatch.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I've been watching "The Last Kingdom" on Netflix. About 9th century Christian pre-England Britain being invaded by the heathen Danes. A little gory given the subject matter, an appealing hero, lots of history.

The Scots are north of Hadrian's Wall. The Danes have invaded northern England (Northumbria) and keep making inroads west and south into the kingdoms of Mercia and Wessex, where the richest lands are. King Alfred of Wessex, in the city of Witanceaster (Winchester) dreams of a unified England.

Place names are Romanized or Old English; subtitles tell you what the current name is for the sake of familiarity. It's interesting to read up on history to see how the fictional story fits.
Probably the most well done history series out there. It's based on books by Bernard Cornwell who is an excellent historical author. Once we watched this, we have a really hard time with most other historical series. The bar got set high.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have two (two!) recommendations for Netflix series. The language in both is for adults only but the writing and actors are great.

Beef - an excellent story of road rage; the title is when one has a beef with someone, not about cows

The Diplomat - high flying world of diplomacy with a wonderful Keri Russell

MissySki

Angel Diva
I have two (two!) recommendations for Netflix series. The language in both is for adults only but the writing and actors are great.

Beef - an excellent story of road rage; the title is when one has a beef with someone, not about cows

The Diplomat - high flying world of diplomacy with a wonderful Keri Russell
I just finished Beef recently, it was great! Such a crazy show, a bit odd.. I didn't know what to expect to start, and then got totally hooked. Definitely held my attention throughout.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Crash Landing On You and Squid Games are the 2 that got me watching Korean programs on Netflix. Since then, I watched quite a few. If you don't mind subtitles, I can recommend all of these:
It's OK Not To Be OK
The Glory
Pachinko
All of Us Are Dead
The King: Eternal Monarch

Just started watching Vincenzo.

Bookworm

Angel Diva
I've been in the NBA playoff, YELLOWJACKETS and SUCCESSION world, so I will need something new, and soon.

I watched the first season of YOU (Netflix) and really liked it. Anyone watched beyond the first season?

JayZeeSquared

Certified Ski Diva
I just finished Jury Duty on Amazon (free with ads). It's about a guy who is on jury duty but he doesn't know that everyone (jury, lawyers, judge, bailiff, prosecutor, defendant, everyone he interacts with) is an actor. All the actors do crazy things but just enough where it's still believable. Truly amazing lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly