• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Withdrawal

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
What can I say......
I miss skiing. I think about it ALL THE TIME.

When the season is over, I come back to the East.
I live in Aspen during the ski season.
I have to because it is a torture looking at the mountain from my balcony.

Who is suffering from not being able to ski?

How many more days to the opening day? Dreaming of that day as I mark off my calendar.IMG_20220502_095639_166.jpg

lisaski

Certified Ski Diva
I think it has been a bit over 3 weeks since my last ski day. I am kind of missing it already. However, around late July and August, I start having crazy dreams. They occur each summer and follow the same basic theme. I am heading to the mountain in heightened anticipation of a ski day when something always happens to throw a monkey wrench into my plans. One dream, I arrived at the mountain and realized I didn't have my skis. Another is arriving at the mountain to see snow covered slopes only to get on the lift and realize the snow has all melted. These are crazy dreams and I think it is my subconscious mind expressing how much I really miss skiing in the summer.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I think it has been a bit over 3 weeks since my last ski day. I am kind of missing it already. However, around late July and August, I start having crazy dreams. They occur each summer and follow the same basic theme. I am heading to the mountain in heightened anticipation of a ski day when something always happens to throw a monkey wrench into my plans. One dream, I arrived at the mountain and realized I didn't have my skis. Another is arriving at the mountain to see snow covered slopes only to get on the lift and realize the snow has all melted. These are crazy dreams and I think it is my subconscious mind expressing how much I really miss skiing in the summer.
Interesting!
I truly missed it like no other activities....

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't skied since April 19, so for me, it's been more than a month, and yes, I definitely go through withdrawal at the end of ski season. There's nothing that I enjoy doing as much as skiing, nor that occupies me as much as skiing does during ski season. It's a real problem.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I haven't skied since April 19, so for me, it's been more than a month, and yes, I definitely go through withdrawal at the end of ski season. There's nothing that I enjoy doing as much as skiing, nor that occupies me as much as skiing does during ski season. It's a real problem.
Totally agree.
Skied 147 days last season.
I miss it so very much.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Absolutely!! I actually hate summer- bugs, heat, sweat, sure hiking/biking is fun but the heat, sweat, bugs we have nasty black flies in the Adirondacks they bite and leave welts, then we get deerflies aka/Meat bees they really hurt, Summer is just a big UGH for me.

Yes, I'd rather ski than do anything else. So I'm not done yet. I'm still skiing- Skied Killington on Friday and will go again til they're done. I have a few days left on my Ikon- in 5runs superstar turns into VW size spring bumps but they were lots of fun. It really is a glacier- the ice inbetween the bumps is ICE- But OMG I didn't ski since April 30 (gore's last day) and next day my legs felt it, I guess I should have stopped and not done non stop runs, lol.

now Due to my ski junkie attitude, I'm lurking airfare to Mt Baker and Mammoth, since they stay open latest, Mammoth only til June 6th right now, since I think Kton will be open into June I'll go back to Kton. BUT IF Mammoth pushes into late June or July I just may go, I skied there in June and July in the past- haven't been to Baker in summer except to hike, didn't have my skis/boots with me.

Ski Dreams- FOR SURE!!! and I watch Ski videos all summer..

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Boy, you are my tribe!
We speak the same language.
I TOTALLY hate summer.
The entire beache scenes discuss me. Don't even wanna go near them.

All I want is snowy mountains.

I would go ski some of those areas you mention now if the condition is not so iffy.
I do not want to get hurt to mess up the rest of the great time of the season. Good for you that you are not done yet!

I hide out in our lake house on top of the NC mountain during the summer and licking my paws in the dark rooms and wait for November to come near.
Hahaha ha.

Bless you. Be safe and enjoy going down the hill for me.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I'm trying to frame it more positively by calling summer my 4th favorite season. ;) Doesn't really work.
:thumbsup:

For me, if I could avoid it all together, my dream come true.

At least where I spend most of warm seasons, it does not go over 80, so cannot really complain.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Absolutely!! I actually hate summer- bugs, heat, sweat, sure hiking/biking is fun but the heat, sweat, bugs we have nasty black flies in the Adirondacks they bite and leave welts, then we get deerflies aka/Meat bees they really hurt, Summer is just a big UGH for me.

Yes, I'd rather ski than do anything else. So I'm not done yet. I'm still skiing- Skied Killington on Friday and will go again til they're done. I have a few days left on my Ikon- in 5runs superstar turns into VW size spring bumps but they were lots of fun. It really is a glacier- the ice inbetween the bumps is ICE- But OMG I didn't ski since April 30 (gore's last day) and next day my legs felt it, I guess I should have stopped and not done non stop runs, lol.

now Due to my ski junkie attitude, I'm lurking airfare to Mt Baker and Mammoth, since they stay open latest, Mammoth only til June 6th right now, since I think Kton will be open into June I'll go back to Kton. BUT IF Mammoth pushes into late June or July I just may go, I skied there in June and July in the past- haven't been to Baker in summer except to hike, didn't have my skis/boots with me.

Ski Dreams- FOR SURE!!! and I watch Ski videos all summer..
I meant to respond to you when I said "you are my tribe".

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What really helps me move on from ski season is gardening. Once it’s time for spring veggies I feel torn until the mountian close. It was a treat to catch late dumps at Tremblant and Jay this year! But ever since Big Snow opened I havent had to put away my skis any more and we ski year round. It’s just one run but it’s enough for me!

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
What really helps me move on from ski season is gardening. Once it’s time for spring veggies I feel torn until the mountian close. It was a treat to catch late dumps at Tremblant and Jay this year! But ever since Big Snow opened I havent had to put away my skis any more and we ski year round. It’s just one run but it’s enough for me!
Where is Big Snow?

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes! Indoor! A ticket gets you two hours of access on the lift. One side is a terrain park the other side is a groomed I would say dark green run. Probably takes most people less than a minute to go down. But it’s fun! And a six pack was $99 last Backfriday so super cheap. Less than the cost of a movie. And afterwards the food court has a great ramen place that my kids love.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Yes! Indoor! A ticket gets you two hours of access on the lift. One side is a terrain park the other side is a groomed I would say dark green run. Probably takes most people less than a minute to go down. But it’s fun! And a six pack was $99 last Backfriday so super cheap. Less than the cost of a movie. And afterwards the food court has a great ramen place that my kids love.
Well, I would say, better than not skiing at all!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I last skied on December 4, almost 6 months ago. I have missed it with all my heart every single day since then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly