• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Who is still skiing? I am!

mustski

Angel Diva
Right now dust on top of solid rock. Mammoth just got about 6 inches and it’s cold. Next week should be lovely soft Spring snow though. Last week was great in the morning and too soft in the afternoon. Overall the coverage is very good.

Spark

Certified Ski Diva
Blackcomb got 20 cm of new snow yesterday and from photos and vids it looked so good! I am at day 34 and got to ski about 12 cm of fresh pow on my birthday in May. I will be doing one more day, a sunset skin and skin at a local mountain for 35 days this year for me.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
I understand that Les Sommet's de Mont St. Saveur was open today, north of Montreal. @SkiBam did you see anyone skiing??
I didn't see anyone as I wasn't there. I was very busy with guests and no electricity, which has been out since Saturday afternoon following a violent storm that cut a swath through southern Ontario and Quebec. Apparently it's called a "derecho" - never heard of this before. My little town of Morin-Heights appeared to right in the path and there's much destruction. Trees down (at least 10 on my property) and some cars and houses hit. Now about to enter day 5 with no power. At least the weather's nice!

Jenny

Angel Diva
I didn't see anyone as I wasn't there. I was very busy with guests and no electricity, which has been out since Saturday afternoon following a violent storm that cut a swath through southern Ontario and Quebec. Apparently it's called a "derecho" - never heard of this before. My little town of Morin-Heights appeared to right in the path and there's much destruction. Trees down (at least 10 on my property) and some cars and houses hit. Now about to enter day 5 with no power. At least the weather's nice!
I think a derecho is straight line winds. We learned the term here in Michigan a few years ago. Don’t know whether it much matters if they winds are straight or twirling, they're still devastating. Hope you get power back soon.

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I thought I was done for the season but...
I was laid off from my job and after spending the last two weeks at home getting projects done around the house I figured I needed to go have some fun before returning to being a productive member of society. I found a ski camp up in Whistler, BC that still had openings in the adult sessions. So in 3 weeks I'll be getting 6 more ski days

Cyclone6

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I thought I was done last weekend, but the rain that was originally forecasted for this weekend turned to snow! I got to enjoy a few inches of powder early in the day on Sunday. Unfortunately, only the Pucci lift was open. High winds prevented them from opening Stormin Norman. This was one day that I really wished I had gear for uphilling. Would have loved to ski down some of the other untouched terrain and hike back up. The lines were pretty awful....for Timberline...I've definitely seen worse at Meadows and Bachelor. But I can't complain about wintery conditions at the end of May! I skied until last chair. Today is the last day of Winter operations, but yesterday was officially my last for this season.
PXL_20220529_163258036.jpgPXL_20220529_152541872.jpg
Looking forward to the 2022-2023 season! Ironically, now I want the snow to melt because it's keeping us from backpacking and fishing!

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I thought I was done for the season but...
I was laid off from my job and after spending the last two weeks at home getting projects done around the house I figured I needed to go have some fun before returning to being a productive member of society. I found a ski camp up in Whistler, BC that still had openings in the adult sessions. So in 3 weeks I'll be getting 6 more ski days
Enjoy! Sorry about your job....

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Stay safe!

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Tuesday may have been my last lift served day.....
Still plenty of corn harvesting options ..... this "surface hoar" was extremely enjoyable on the way back to the truck....
1654187222060.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly