• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Multi-resort passes for 2022-23: Ikon, Epic, Indy etc.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The deadline for the lowest Ikon price and the renewal discount is April 22.

The approach on the Ikon website to comparing Full Ikon, Ikon Base Plus, Ikon Base features works pretty well on a desktop or on a smartphone. Need to check the type of Ikon pass of interest, then scroll down for details for each resort. Screen shots below don't show all the info.

For an adult, Full Ikon is $1079 and provides 7 days without blackouts at Partner resorts. Ikon Base Plus is $969, which adds 5 days at Partner resorts like JH, Alta, Big Sky. Ikon Base is $769. For people who will use Ikon as travelers to Partner resorts, Full Ikon probably makes the most sense if the plan is to ski 6-7 days at each resort of interest. People who live close to Alterra resorts where Ikon Base is unlimited are in a completely different situation.

Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 9.32.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 9.35.47 PM.png

Last edited:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Not sure this should go here or in some thread about spring skiing deals. If someone buys a ticket an Epic resort in April, $100 of that cost can be applied to an Epic pass for next season. Need to get it done within 48 hours of buying the late season ticket. Seems as if the option existed pre-pandemic. Not available online, only by phone.

Screen Shot 2022-04-10 at 12.01.03 PM.png

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As usual, I am still waffling on which Ikon to buy the day before the deadline. Arrgghh!

In theory, the Ikon Base should do the trick, and save me $260. But... what if the opportunity presents itself to ski Aspen or Alta and it fits my schedule? (I hadn't planned on Aspen a few years ago before I won 3 nights lodging at the Boston ski show, nor had I thought I would be able to talk DH into the conference at Snowbird this year, which then led to 3 days at Alta.) Or... what about the off-chance that I decide to ski on a black out day?

For those other wafflers out there, as an FYI, if you join the Mountain Sports Club first for a nominal fee, you can get a discount on your Ikon pass. The non-renewal price through MSC is lower than on the Ikon site. The renewal price is the same as on the Ikon site, but you get a $50 trip credit for MSC trips. Another plus is that it looks like their prices *might* not go up until Sept 1 (I'm not chancing it though.)

And if you are planning on getting an Indy Pass if you get it through the MSC you get a free MSC membership. So the correct order of purchase in that case would be Indy Pass-MSC membership- Ikon.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Good point. I could waffle even longer if I want ;) I didn't see a deadline for upgrades in the FAQ so I just wrote them. Hopefully I'll get a timely reply.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I purchased the Tahoe Value Pass (senior) this year. It was only $385. Previously, I was getting the Tahoe Local Pass ($569) but not taking advantage of skiing at other Epic resorts out of state. This pass allows me to ski Heavenly, N*, and Kirkwood (no holidays and no Saturdays at N* or Kirkwood). No problem there.

2019 was the last year I skied in Europe but for the previous 15 years or so I was skiing every year or every other year in the Alps (9-10 trips since 2003) so definitely not taking advantage of other Epic resorts. This, of course, was before European resorts jumped on the Epic/Ikon bandwagon.

On another note, I rode bikes with a ski buddy yesterday ..... she suggested we go to Chile this summer !!!!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
And if you are planning on getting an Indy Pass if you get it through the MSC you get a free MSC membership. So the correct order of purchase in that case would be Indy Pass-MSC membership- Ikon.

I’m thinking of doing an Indy pass. What exactly do you get by joining the MSC? I am having a heck of a time navigating their site on mobile because of all the ads.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
MSC offers various discounts. So right now there's the discount on the Ikon pass. I think they'll be doing 2 for 1 tickets at Whaleback in NH again. Some lodging discounts, like 10% off at the Rangeley Inn and Tavern, also midweek ticket discounts at Saddleback. Nothing too major, but if you can get it for free, why not?

marzNC

Angel Diva
I’m thinking of doing an Indy pass.
I had a very good time using Indy in late Feb while staying in the Berkshires. Also got in a day at Montage, and at Powder Mountain during an unexpected spring break week in SLC. Berkshire East skis much bigger than it looks from the base. The bonus for West Mountain (an hour north of Albany) is that shopping at the outlets in Queensbury is always worthwhile.

yogiskier

Angel Diva
Well, I did it - I just bought the Ikon Base Pass! It's my first big pass and it's a lot of money for me, which is why I procrastinated until 2 days before prices go up, but I want to ski a lot next year and this is the first step to committing to that!

I'm 2 hours from Windham, so that's the easiest mountain to plan to go to. Then there's Diva East, of course (which helped me decide on Ikon :smile:) I'm hoping to find a NJ or NY ski club that is a good fit for me and that will make transportation and lodging more feasible for trips to VT. I reached out to an NYC-based club, but they've been slow to respond to my messages.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Well, I did it - I just bought the Ikon Base Pass! It's my first big pass and it's a lot of money for me, which is why I procrastinated until 2 days before prices go up, but I want to ski a lot next year and this is the first step to committing to that!

I'm 2 hours from Windham, so that's the easiest mountain to plan to go to. Then there's Diva East, of course (which helped me decide on Ikon :smile:) I'm hoping to find a NJ or NY ski club that is a good fit for me and that will make transportation and lodging more feasible for trips to VT. I reached out to an NYC-based club, but they've been slow to respond to my messages.
Woohoo!

Check out Central NJ Ski Club. They have a clubhouse halfway between Sugarbush and Killington. Not a bad location.

teppaz

Angel Diva

Are you in NYC? I'm in Brooklyn and always looking for people to carpool with. It's a struggle!

teppaz

Angel Diva
As usual, I am still waffling on which Ikon to buy the day before the deadline. Arrgghh!

In theory, the Ikon Base should do the trick, and save me $260. But... what if the opportunity presents itself to ski Aspen or Alta and it fits my schedule? (I hadn't planned on Aspen a few years ago before I won 3 nights lodging at the Boston ski show, nor had I thought I would be able to talk DH into the conference at Snowbird this year, which then led to 3 days at Alta.) Or... what about the off-chance that I decide to ski on a black out day?

For those other wafflers out there, as an FYI, if you join the Mountain Sports Club first for a nominal fee, you can get a discount on your Ikon pass. The non-renewal price through MSC is lower than on the Ikon site. The renewal price is the same as on the Ikon site, but you get a $50 trip credit for MSC trips. Another plus is that it looks like their prices *might* not go up until Sept 1 (I'm not chancing it though.)

I waffled until the last minute and ended up abandoning the Ikon Base to return to the Mountain Collective. Alta dropping out of the Ikon Base was probably the deciding factor, and the fact that I really want to go to Grand Targhee this season.

shadoj

Angel Diva
I waffled but realised that Diva East needs to happen, so I got the 4-day Ikon session pass! I really want to spend a couple days each at Killington & Sugarbush with some schedule flexibility. My other trip(s) will likely be midwest; as a result, couldn't justify the price of the full Base Pass.

Still need to look into the Indy pass offerings; the Ski Cooper pass isn't out until July 1st.

Anyway, super-excited to take a ski trip somewhere new! I have no idea what I'm doing. Haven't flown on a plane in ~15 years :eek:

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I waffled but realised that Diva East needs to happen, so I got the 4-day Ikon session pass! I really want to spend a couple days each at Killington & Sugarbush with some schedule flexibility. My other trip(s) will likely be midwest; as a result, couldn't justify the price of the full Base Pass.

Still need to look into the Indy pass offerings; the Ski Cooper pass isn't out until July 1st.

Anyway, super-excited to take a ski trip somewhere new! I have no idea what I'm doing. Haven't flown on a plane in ~15 years :eek:
Looking forward to skiing with you!!

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
Here is Ikon's SPOT reimbursement schedule:

Season Passes:

Here are some important dates and terms to keep in mind when it comes to Pass Protection for your Season Pass

Cancelation for Season Passes​

If a covered event occurs between the day after you purchase Pass Protection but prior to December 1, 2022, it is considered within the Cancelation period. This means you’re eligible for a 100% reimbursement of your Pass purchase price if your claim is approved.

Interruption for Season Passes​

If the covered event occurs after December 1st, 2022, the reimbursement amount prorates daily from December 1st, 2022 through June 30, 2023. This is considered the Interruption period.

Here’s an example:

You purchase a Season Pass and add Pass Protection. Then a covered event occurs on January 22, 2023, and you file a claim. In this specific situation, the event occurred 25% through the interruption window, so you’d be eligible for a 75% reimbursement of the Season Pass purchase price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly