• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Who is still skiing? I am!

floatingyardsale

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Last day for me & the kid on Saturday in some very thin, very soft snow at Snowbasin. I love spring skiing but not so much thin cover and it warmed up so fast the snow was grabby early. Still fun, notable because I took my carving skis in slush and mostly managed well, and somehow the kid, who has figured out how to use his edges this year, caught me from behind for the first time. Granted, I was cruising and he was, as he says, 'doing the butt wiggle that makes you go fast' but he is so proud.

empogo

Certified Ski Diva
I’m very new to skiing (born and raised in Vermont, originally in Waitsfield, but somehow didn’t learn until this spring, at age 39). I’m on day 10 since March 3rd, despite having to fly to FL for nearly two weeks at the end of the month. (Yes, I was sorely tempted to bail on that trip. Should have. It was hot and humid and lacked skiing.)

Was mostly going to Bolton until they closed for the season, have migrated to Sugarbush while they have some trails still open. Was last there on Tuesday, soft snow but still a good day. Drove up for a day at Tremblant on Monday, which was glorious and still mostly open. Hoping the rain isn’t too bad in Vermont this week, I’d love to get a couple more days in if I can! Kinda depends on if there’s anything left I can handle, Lower Jester is plenty challenging for me at this point.

(I’m so glad I found this forum! ❤️)

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I’m very new to skiing (born and raised in Vermont, originally in Waitsfield, but somehow didn’t learn until this spring, at age 39). I’m on day 10 since March 3rd, despite having to fly to FL for nearly two weeks at the end of the month. (Yes, I was sorely tempted to bail on that trip. Should have. It was hot and humid and lacked skiing.)

Was mostly going to Bolton until they closed for the season, have migrated to Sugarbush while they have some trails still open. Was last there on Tuesday, soft snow but still a good day. Drove up for a day at Tremblant on Monday, which was glorious and still mostly open. Hoping the rain isn’t too bad in Vermont this week, I’d love to get a couple more days in if I can! Kinda depends on if there’s anything left I can handle, Lower Jester is plenty challenging for me at this point.

Welcome!

Florida is not my favorite place to go for any reason or time whatsoever ever.

We just had another 14" i past 24 hours here in Aspen.

Hope you get to ski a lot more in next season.

empogo

Certified Ski Diva

update: I’ve been 8 more days since my last post, all to Sugarbush. Had one very frustrating experience with gloppy new snow last Tuesday, and one ill-conceived decision to go for just one quickie on Saturday at 3pm (um… I faceplanted into a dirt road at the end of Lower Jester after a nice slushy run, but somehow escaped major injury except to my pride and goggles).

Otherwise… absolute heaven. Went every day last week except Friday, when I had to work out of town. Finally got brave enough to attempt Downspout so I could get to the summit via the Heaven’s Gate lift. Did it! Then did Jester from the top, and lapped Downspout to Jester three times before wandering over to Spring Fling, which was pretty bumpy by that time of the day. Did each of those a few more days after.

I love this so, so much. Sugarbush is closed midweek now, only Sat/Sun left. I’m having major withdrawal today, dreaming of next season already.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
update: I’ve been 8 more days since my last post, all to Sugarbush. Had one very frustrating experience with gloppy new snow last Tuesday, and one ill-conceived decision to go for just one quickie on Saturday at 3pm (um… I faceplanted into a dirt road at the end of Lower Jester after a nice slushy run, but somehow escaped major injury except to my pride and goggles).

Otherwise… absolute heaven. Went every day last week except Friday, when I had to work out of town. Finally got brave enough to attempt Downspout so I could get to the summit via the Heaven’s Gate lift. Did it! Then did Jester from the top, and lapped Downspout to Jester three times before wandering over to Spring Fling, which was pretty bumpy by that time of the day. Did each of those a few more days after.

I love this so, so much. Sugarbush is closed midweek now, only Sat/Sun left. I’m having major withdrawal today, dreaming of next season already.
Good for you!

Talking about major withdraw. .....
After asking 147 days this season, I need help.....

Staring at the ski mountain from my balcony and getting depressed ....

:faint:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly