• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Do you plan to renew your Epic pass?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Just curious: For those of you who've had the Epic pass, are you planning to renew?

I only ask because so many people have expressed dissatisfaction with Vail. So that makes me wonder.

It's no secret that I'm in that camp, too. That said, Okemo is only about five miles from me, so I sort of have to buy Epic (midweek only). However, I've also had -- and plan to have -- the Ikon base pass and a midweek pass at another local resort. In the past year, I've substantially cut back on the days I spend at Okemo, even though it's so close. Out of the 70 days I've skied thus far, only 25 have been at the mountain, which is significantly fewer than in previous years. The other passes give me the freedom to do that.

What about you?

Last edited:

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I bought the EPIC senior Northeast midweek pass. Because as you do, I live so close to Okemo. I will also buy an IKON pass, just deciding which one.

Like2Ski

Angel Diva
I am going to renew my full Epic pass. I belong to two ski clubs very conveniently located to Epic mountains. One is 13 miles from Stowe and the other one mile from Okemo. I plan to get an Indy pass and maybe a Vermont four pack when they are released to change it up once in a while. I can only ski weekends and school holidays.

I thought about which pass(es) to get next year so much and wound up right back where I started! It's the best decision though, with nearby lodging so affordable.

Amie H

Angel Diva
I renewed but reduced (3-day instead of 4 day) but also upgraded so I could use at Beaver Creek (or other "premium" resort on the list.) I still get some additional free days at my local spot although this year, I only went there twice.

@ski diva I'm so jealous you skied 70 days!! I believe I only logged 14 days total thus far, 5 of which were drive-to hills.

Chuyi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not renewing. Park City was not fun. VR never opened the intermediate lifts so lines were long. 1 full day at PC resulted in 18k vertical. That's less than I can ski at Powmow with slow lifts. Snowbasin is switching 2 ikon. I would rather use that money to go on a trip

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Probably not, or maybe just 1-2 days. I bought a 5-day pass, thinking I'd ski a few days at Stowe and maybe other mountains. I ended up skiing only 4 of the 5, was really not motivated to go on weekends due to the reported crowds.

Unfortunately my skiing is mostly limited to weekends, I need to figure out what the best use of my time and money will be!

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Who ever thinking about getting Epic next season, either you got unbelievably lucky this season, no clue, or wishing for miracle next season as Vail is going to over sell by 13 % more next season.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Yes I'm renewing my Epic pass as I have lodging options both at Northstar and Heavenly. I didn't experience any of the issues that many VR had.....
Just ask divas who skied with me at both places during Diva West..... Was it crowded mid week? No. I don't ski weekends or holidays.

I'm also skiing Taos again so thinking about that option....... last season paid $525 for 7 days using diva's F&F Ikon......

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Probably not. I had a NE midweek as I planned to use nearby Crotched for my early season and spur of the moment half days. Crotched did not open until after Christmas and then only Wednesday to Sunday. We did ski Sunapee a few times and I may buy a 2 or 3 day to ski there. Out of 38 days skied so far only 8 days were on that pass.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Probably not, or maybe just 1-2 days. I bought a 5-day pass, thinking I'd ski a few days at Stowe and maybe other mountains. I ended up skiing only 4 of the 5, was really not motivated to go on weekends due to the reported crowds.

Unfortunately my skiing is mostly limited to weekends, I need to figure out what the best use of my time and money will be!
Well, Diva East is mostly going to be on IKON :smile: But, I don’t go to Sugarbush on Saturdays if I can avoid it. (edit - although I usually forget to consider Mount Ellen as an option! I just lazily go to MRG or hike/xc ski instead.)

Kinda seems like a Bash Badge at Smuggs is a pretty good option for you, given location, cost and crowd avoidance strategy...

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, Diva East is mostly going to be on IKON :smile: But, I don’t go to Sugarbush on Saturdays if I can avoid it. Kinda seems like a Bash Badge at Smuggs is a pretty good option for you, given location, cost and crowd avoidance strategy...

Yes- would get Ikon for Diva east plus a February family trip- I think that would make it worth it. Have to decide on the trip though.

I was hoping Sugarbush would be better for Saturdays. What about the Mt Ellen side?

But overall you're right so I'm probably going to go with Bash badge. I will daydream about early retirement and being able to ski on any day I want...

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I was hoping Sugarbush would be better for Saturdays. What about the Mt Ellen side?

But overall you're right so I'm probably going to go with Bash badge. I will daydream about early retirement and being able to ski on any day I want...
Oops, you caught my post before I edited it. Mt Ellen usually isn’t as busy on Saturdays! But, the lifts often have issues, which stinks.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
No, I didn't get to use all my days (5) on my Epic Day Pass this year. I always get a Taos Senior pass, and will be getting the Senior Value pass next yr., since I plan to spend a lot of time skiing at TSV next season. For other places, I'll just wing it with senior and/or early online purchase rates, etc.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
It's only $334 for us to purchase a Keystone local pass. It's been several years since we bought a full pass and we certainly won't do it for next season.

Also, it appears that "Epic Coverage" is included in the purchase of every season pass.

So that's a qualified "yes" on the purchase of an Epic Pass.

Screenshot_20220407-215600.png

KWlovessnow

Angel Diva
I'm switching to IKON and also buying a pass for a local hill near Detroit. I didn't experience the absolute horror stories other people did on Epic, but our local Vail hill was not open nearly as much as the other hills in the area. Plus my son's ski team is on a locally owned hill near us. I also just want to ski a few different resorts in Colorado (I've been missing Steamboat and Copper).

former-boarder

Certified Ski Diva
I have a Stevens Pass midweek pass and since they offered us a $150 discount for next year, I couldn't resist. The GM they brought in partway through the season did a pretty good job turning things around. I'm cautiously optimistic that next season will go okay.

I got good use of my Epic Locals Pass this past winter, 3 midweek days at Okemo, 3 midweek days at Stowe, and 4 midweek days at Beaver Creek. I'm planning to ski Stowe twice next winter but only 2 days each trip as I will have a young dog by then (puppy should arrive in late June, I will find out very soon) and don't want to be away from her for long. So I will buy a four-pack Epic pass. I will of course get my pass for my local mountain (I qualify for a senior pass now!). And if I come to Diva East, not sure how I'll get my ticket prices down at Sugarbush, I haven't looked into that yet.

Like2Ski

Angel Diva
I am going to renew my full Epic pass. I belong to two ski clubs very conveniently located to Epic mountains. One is 13 miles from Stowe and the other one mile from Okemo. I plan to get an Indy pass and maybe a Vermont four pack when they are released to change it up once in a while. I can only ski weekends and school holidays.

I thought about which pass(es) to get next year so much and wound up right back where I started! It's the best decision though, with nearby lodging so affordable.
I'm actually thinking the Northeast Value Pass will work for me instead as well as the Indy Pass. I don't plan to ski Epic resorts on most blackout days anyway, and there's a lot of Indy ski areas I want to explore (or already know that I like). Plus, Bolton Valley and Stowe are the same distance from the ski clubhouse.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly