• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Poppy ski for advanced skier in coastal/interior BC

rivarunnamomma

Certified Ski Diva
Exactly - I had the same thought! Especially because I think they are a smidge softer than the version I have.

@Analisa I have not been on the new 94 Ripsticks but prior generation for poppy fun carving, fresh snow and for me spring touring I absolutely love them. I think that @rivarunnamomma is realistic and understands that her ideal ski may not be a crud buster. I agree that Ripsticks would not be my crud buster choice but for everything else - especially the amount of float they have in fresh as well as carving capability in a narrower width and lighter ski.

FWIW as @Analisa mentioned both the Elan Ripstick and Black Crows are the same ski for men/women. I am not sure about mount points for the Crows.

I had fun on the Orb birdies today! No problem letting them run in mixed conditions, way more stability for me than the Victa ti. Easy to carve, getting some fun rebound, can't wait to get to know them better, I think we will become great friends :smile:

Edit - just saw the post above - happy demoing @rivarunnamomma
@WaterGirl and @Analisa - You are awesome. Thanks for all your input. And also to everyone else who has contributed to my "list". I really couldn't have done it without you ... much better than hour upon hour spent reading about all those "playful" skis :-) The prospect of demo'ing "the list" feels like Christmas. :-)

rivarunnamomma

Certified Ski Diva
Are the Rustler 9 & 10 & the Sheeva 9 & 10 the same skis? One marketed at the boys and one at the girls?

Analisa

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Are the Rustler 9 & 10 & the Sheeva 9 & 10 the same skis? One marketed at the boys and one at the girls?
I don’t think they’re the exact same. But the 9s and 11s felt very interchangeable. The Rustler 10 got a decent weight gain a year after launch when feedback on the original was pretty “meh” so the differences between the two 10s is more substantial.

elemmac

Angel Diva
If I recall correctly, same ski, size runs are different with some overlap.

I'll be honest, I haven't read through this full thread. But from the initial request, I would put in a recommendation to try the Santa Ana 104 (friendlier and much better float than the 98). And the Rossignol Rallybird 102Ti (or non-Ti version if you find the 102Ti is a bit too demanding...which from your description of your skiing I think you'll find the Rallybird Ti to be a real hoot).

rivarunnamomma

Certified Ski Diva
If I recall correctly, same ski, size runs are different with some overlap.

I'll be honest, I haven't read through this full thread. But from the initial request, I would put in a recommendation to try the Santa Ana 104 (friendlier and much better float than the 98). And the Rossignol Rallybird 102Ti (or non-Ti version if you find the 102Ti is a bit too demanding...which from your description of your skiing I think you'll find the Rallybird Ti to be a real hoot).
Thanks @elenmac. Santa Ana is on my list and my girlfriend is a Rossi Ambassador and keeps trying to get me on the Rallybirds. No demo available and she has mice feet so I haven't been able to try them but I'll look for them in Whistler. (I think I'm allergic to anything with enough Ti to be part of the name. :-)

lisamamot

Angel Diva
According to Blister, the Sheevas and Rustlers aren't identical, but darned close. https://blisterreview.com/gear-reviews/2017-2018-blizzard-sheeva-10

@lisamamot thoughts? I know you've demoed both versions of the 9..

I demoed the Rustler 9 172 after I had purchased the Sheeva 9 172; I was told by a rep the only difference is how the wood core is handled between the two; a bit of the wood core is bored-out to make the Sheeva a bit friendlier, but otherwise is supposed to be identical where the sizes overlap. I could be happy owning either...or both, lol.

It isn't until you get longer on the Rustler 9 (180/188) that the waist width pops-up to 94 from 92. Similarly, the Sheeva 9 goes down from 92 to 90 in the smallest size (148). The 164 and 172 are size overlap on the Sheeva 9 and Rustler 9. If those sizes work, it is interesting to try both to see which you prefer.

rivarunnamomma

Certified Ski Diva
I demoed the Rustler 9 172 after I had purchased the Sheeva 9 172; I was told by a rep the only difference is how the wood core is handled between the two; a bit of the wood core is bored-out to make the Sheeva a bit friendlier, but otherwise is supposed to be identical where the sizes overlap. I could be happy owning either...or both, lol.

It isn't until you get longer on the Rustler 9 (180/188) that the waist width pops-up to 94 from 92. Similarly, the Sheeva 9 goes down from 92 to 90 in the smallest size (148). The 164 and 172 are size overlap on the Sheeva 9 and Rustler 9. If those sizes work, it is interesting to try both to see which you prefer.
Thanks @lisamarmot. It sounds that I can't go wrong either way. I am very keen to try these out!

Jilly

Staff member
Thanks @elenmac. Santa Ana is on my list and my girlfriend is a Rossi Ambassador and keeps trying to get me on the Rallybirds. No demo available and she has mice feet so I haven't been able to try them but I'll look for them in Whistler. (I think I'm allergic to anything with enough Ti to be part of the name. :-)

I thought the same. I have the Hero ST ca. But they discontinued it when I went looking for new. So I tried the Ti and bought it.

kmb5662

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
FYI on some updates for 2023 skis:

"On the alpine side, the Brahma, Bonafide, and Black Pearl get construction updates, with a thinner core in the tip and tail to make them a touch more friendly and playful."

It looks like the Sheeva line is staying the same. Photos of the new graphics are also included.

It also says there's new construction for the Santa Ana series but doesn't give specifics/graphics.

I found the 2023 graphics for Nordica over on SkiTalk for anyone curious.

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I demoed the Sheeva 10 and bought the Rustler 10 as it was cheaper - I couldn't work out whether they were actually different. From what I understand, they're possibly a bit more different in more recent models, with the Sheeva being a little less stiff. But don't quote me on that.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’ll put my suggestion for one of the Rossi Black Ops skis for you. I hated the 7 series, but absolutely loved the Sender. If I didn’t already have multiple skis in the 100-110 range, they would have gone home with me. My reviews can be found at [email protected]

rivarunnamomma

Certified Ski Diva
I've just returned from my week in Whistler, where I demo'd a bunch of the skis everyone recommended. Should I start a new thread with my impressions ... or continue here?

shadoj

Angel Diva
I've just returned from my week in Whistler, where I demo'd a bunch of the skis everyone recommended. Should I start a new thread with my impressions ... or continue here?
Yes. (Can you tell I'm a computer engineer?!) We just want to know!

Feel free to post a new thread in gear reviews if you wish, and maybe cross link the thread here?
Hope you had a blast at Whistler!

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here so everyone can follow up with what you demo'ed!!!!! its region/ skier level specific.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly