• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

NE leaf peeping

MissySki

Angel Diva
Took my puppy on a girls' hike to Gulf Hagas last Sunday, neat Greenville, Maine. A bit over 10 miles and gorgeous, but the foliage still wasn't at peak in Northern Maine. Like VT, we're 2 weeks behind.

I'm kind of glad it's late since I'll be up this weekend for Fall Fest and usually it's already past peak by this weekend.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Took my puppy on a girls' hike to Gulf Hagas last Sunday, neat Greenville, Maine. A bit over 10 miles and gorgeous, but the foliage still wasn't at peak in Northern Maine. Like VT, we're 2 weeks behind.
Agree - about 2 weeks behind at my location, +-40 mi south of Sugarloaf/Saddleback.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
9477543C-878A-4C2F-AC92-049CC7A8F80E.jpeg
Foliage is popping now!

I caught a photo of the alpenglow on the foliage today but I should have tried to take photos earlier when the sun was directly on my yard.

The pug looks stoned.

Definitely want to do some leaf peeping on Saturday!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Today we took a drive out to the Northeast Kingfom and hiked Mt. Hor, the slightly less well-known mountain that also overlooks Lake Willoughby, a beautiful glacial lake 20 or so minutes north of Burke Mountain.BE77FAD3-7F35-4F39-8871-F60FEA802070.jpeg

On the way to Lake Willoughby, I stopped by Kidney Stone Man’s house and picked up his delightful pup, Banjo. Kidney Stone Man is doing some Afghan resettlement work that necessitates picking people up from immigration holding areas (aka immigration jail) and shuttling them to their new living situations so Banjo is spending some time with us lately. This means I have FOUR DOGS in the house now! :party:
195C57EA-3DCD-4432-8D29-3665B220B6A8.jpeg
I think it would be pretty wild to have four dogs indefinitely but it’s fun as a temporary situation.

B996D570-2387-474D-944C-A3754194E29A.jpeg
This is the view from the summit of Mt. Hor. Still beautiful but not quite as stunning as Lake Willoughby.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Just to report that the colours in the Laurentians this fall are the most glorious ever! (I say "are" but I think we've peaked so maybe it should be "were"). I'm a bit surprised as many thought the lack of rain would mean muted tones. But no. It's been totally spectacular!

MissySki

Angel Diva
I wish my pictures could do any justice to how beautiful the foliage is right now, but they just don’t! Regardless, here are some images from Sunday River yesterday. I was just constantly stopping to look around and take pictures lol, made for a long hike down.

A083710C-50EE-4A86-AF0D-F66BC9D342A4.jpeg

9F0DDD93-5E4F-4D4C-A434-2ADB853D484D.jpegBA949BCC-4675-409C-8A95-F5FBE93C7EA3.jpegB94CC69D-905B-48E3-9310-72CAFD2A0FFF.jpegA87F98EE-A310-4615-ADA7-A267FF31C0AB.jpegD315F37B-5325-48CC-ADC8-2AC8A537AE96.jpeg

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just visited a friend in Stowe this weekend. Amazing views on our ride up, wish I got a photo to share! My friend's home backs up onto conservation land and we had a lovely walk in the woods, which I tried to capture on the picture below, though I feel like it's not quite doing it justice!

tempImage38RARD.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly