• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Evolution of Skiwear (100 years)

newboots

Angel Diva
Of course, it is Glamour, but some of those outfits looked great and certainly fun!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Alf Engren Ski Museum at Park City has an evolution of uniforms which echoes some of this with a little less of the Glamour aspect. It was a lot of fun the last time I was there. And a lot less terrifying than being at the top of the ski jump!

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
lnrOfqz3UHgg1xoDaLa_O-oS4NyLfo-gDFKBpbu7LMDGtjxAzdg4r4J8JD4j5BkZrTf2SYCM0Mkk8JmiPSJcHnQwNdlvqoxvOAutzvfa8cge

Chamonix-Ski-Poster-Vintage-Travel-Posters-museum-outlets.jpg
Vintage Mode Ski Madl” w formie plakatu | Posterlounge

133 Vintage Ski Poster Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

Antique & Retro Swiss Ski Posters | Vintage Ski World

These images make me happy. But they must have only gone skiing in the spring when it was warm.

newboots

Angel Diva
I love the Art Deco artwork on these posters. Gorgeous!

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love them all, and now I'm also wishing there was some way to get insulated, stretchy, and highly waterproof leggings so I can rock the stretch pants without getting wet.

Tvan

Angel Diva
I love the outfits from the 20s to the 60s.
Same! I would happily wear any of those! I know the 20’s skirts are terribly impractical, but I love the look.

Christy

Angel Diva
Same! I would happily wear any of those! I know the 20’s skirts are terribly impractical, but I love the look.

Me too. It would be fun to have a dress up day for that look instead of the 70s or 80s days. Though modern boots are non-negotiable and I suppose that ruins the look.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Me too. It would be fun to have a dress up day for that look instead of the 70s or 80s days. Though modern boots are non-negotiable and I suppose that ruins the look.
The old short leather boots did look a lot nicer with the black stretch stirrup style ski pants! I remember those as a kid, with black metal Head or Hart skis! As an eight year old I thought those were so cool looking! I was skiing in the same snow pants I wore out in the yard building snow forts! But that was a long, long time ago! And far, far away!

DebbieSue

Angel Diva
I love them all, and now I'm also wishing there was some way to get insulated, stretchy, and highly waterproof leggings so I can rock the stretch pants without getting wet.
My "stretch" ski pants, both with stirrups, but one with an over the boot "gaiter" for a sleek look (brand is Rolfe? Roffe? I think) circa 1980s early 90s, were quite waterproof and warm and windblocking . . . more than you'd think. They are tightly knit wool primarily. Good enough for days in high 20s in New England if no precipitation or high wind, and good for days out West. The plus is that if you fall on frozen terrain you don't slide as much. If you fall in corn or slush, stand up fast!!! If I can close the waist after all these years, maybe I'll break them out on a Diva day. Why do I keep this stuff around?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly