• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

New Women's Snow Pants Brand - Kickstarter

marzNC

Angel Diva
Sorry I missed this kickstarter opportunity but very happy to read the goal was met!
Good news about a successful Kickstarter is that people can order on the website the usual way. With production starting up sooner rather than later. Will be perfect timing for the upcoming N. American season. I'll be bringing my new pants to Big Sky. :smile:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Good news about a successful Kickstarter is that people can order on the website the usual way. With production starting up sooner rather than later. Will be perfect timing for the upcoming N. American season. I'll be bringing my new pants to Big Sky. :smile:

What size did you get? Think smallest size is a 4 which is too big for me. Just curious if any other petite divas ordered. Colors don’t work for me but like the pants.

marzNC

Angel Diva
What size did you get? Think smallest size is a 4 which is too big for me. Just curious if any other petite divas ordered. Colors don’t work for me but like the pants.
Since I'm on a trip, haven't replied to the survey yet. I usually wear Size 6 for pants.

Have you looked at the detailed webpage about measurements?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Since I'm on a trip, haven't replied to the survey yet. I usually wear Size 6 for pants.

Have you looked at the detailed webpage about measurements?

I'll be interested to see how they fit you...... seems a little large for me.

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
The cm measurements in the survey don’t make sense to me. I wear a size US 8, have never fitted (comfortably) into anything smaller. My ski pants are Large from Marmot and 686. The waist gets tight otherwise and I generally prefer a loose fit; I do not like stretch panels to have to stretch. Yet according to the survey’s directions, my hips in CM would put me in a US 4. Impossible. The survey does say to account for the thickness of the fabric and insulation, but how do I know how much to allow? Anyway, I took a pair of my ski pants, laid it flat and measured it across the hips. It came to the CM listed for US 8. So that’s what I put down. As an aside, the survey has a photo of someone wearing size US 10 and calls it “comfortable.” Looking like that, I’d find it too tight.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
The cm measurements in the survey don’t make sense to me. I wear a size US 8, have never fitted (comfortably) into anything smaller. My ski pants are Large from Marmot and 686. The waist gets tight otherwise and I generally prefer a loose fit; I do not like stretch panels to have to stretch. Yet according to the survey’s directions, my hips in CM would put me in a US 4. Impossible. The survey does say to account for the thickness of the fabric and insulation, but how do I know how much to allow? Anyway, I took a pair of my ski pants, laid it flat and measured it across the hips. It came to the CM listed for US 8. So that’s what I put down. As an aside, the survey has a photo of someone wearing size US 10 and calls it “comfortable.” Looking like that, I’d find it too tight.
I was very hesitant but still ordered a US 10, lately I have been a 12-14 US. My Fera pants fit great but I do not remember the size. I hope I was correct and their sizing looks on the large size and very forgivable.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My understanding is that they are garment measurements, so should be bigger than your actual hips by at least 5-10cm for wearing ease. Checking my own pants (reference: I fit Spyder's size 4 and XS from most brands), the two pairs I can fit multiple layers under have a flat hip measurement about 10cm larger than my actual hips. The sizing is quite generous though as that hip measurement is much larger than the pants I already own! I would need them to offer a smaller size which I imagine is not their current target given I am generally spoilt for choice with ski pant options.

The hoodie I'm getting looks fairly normal size wise for outerwear though - their smallest size measures comparably to another softshell hoodie I accidentally acquired a couple of weeks ago.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
My understanding is that they are garment measurements, so should be bigger than your actual hips by at least 5-10cm for wearing ease. Checking my own pants (reference: I fit Spyder's size 4 and XS from most brands), the two pairs I can fit multiple layers under have a flat hip measurement about 10cm larger than my actual hips. The sizing is quite generous though as that hip measurement is much larger than the pants I already own! I would need them to offer a smaller size which I imagine is not their current target given I am generally spoilt for choice with ski pant options.

The hoodie I'm getting looks fairly normal size wise for outerwear though - their smallest size measures comparably to another softshell hoodie I accidentally acquired a couple of weeks ago.
There must be a story with that “accidentally” acquiring......
the sizes are very generous so I am not looking at the size at all, just the measurement numbers. I added 10+ cm. I hope um right. Maria said they should fit. Being that you are so small, you have a few more choices, but your size probably sells out soon.

mitsiktity

Certified Ski Diva
Sorry that it's been a bit confusing for you.... still working how best to display this information!

The pants are a littttttle big larger than standard size, which I think is opposite the norm - most ski pants are smaller than true size.

The hip measurement suggestion to size is the best thing to look at - and then look at the waist size. The waist can expand by about 10-12cm, or cinch in by about 10-15cm. So it's more versatile.

And yes @scandium is spot on - these are the garment measurements, so you need to 'fit in' to those. Around the hips there are things like lining and insulation to take into consideration, where as at the waist, the waist measurement is pretty true. :smile:

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OK this thread has convinced me I need to login to the forum over the summer! I'm vertically challenged and pear shaped, so choosing good fitting pants has always been a battler. I think I will sign up for a late bird pair!

Hmmm... black or maroon?

marzNC

Angel Diva
OK this thread has convinced me I need to login to the forum over the summer! I'm vertically challenged and pear shaped, so choosing good fitting pants has always been a battler. I think I will sign up for a late bird pair!

Hmmm... black or maroon?
Best deals for shopping happen in late season and over the summer. :smile:

The Kickstarter is over. But you can order from the website.

mitsiktity

Certified Ski Diva
For anyone who is curious - after a few extra months that we didn't anticipate....
Our pants have finally arrived, and the feedback has been absolutely amazing.

I can't thank you all enough for your support on the forum, and for Wendy for her article.
It's been so amazing to see them go out to women all over the world, and have had comments from people who have been skiing for 20+ years saying they've never found pants like this!

www.nobodysprincess.com.au for anyone who is keen!

Attachments

• 220418 Nobodys Princess 173.JPG
    220418 Nobodys Princess 173.JPG
    882.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 220418 Nobodys Princess 387.JPG
    220418 Nobodys Princess 387.JPG
    780.7 KB · Views: 19

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
PANTS HAVE LANDED!

First impression: zips, lots of zips, lots of pockets and oooo, zips are iridescent and shiny. Honestly, the amount of thought that has gone into these pants, and the level of detail is astonishing.

I bought a tall, which tbh are a little too long for me (I'm 5 foot 9), but once I get boots on and stuff there'll be a couple of inches taken up there. Pants are roomy in the thighs without be baggy. I'm shaped like a brick so there's no need to cinch in the waist but if I needed to there are some little hooks, nicely concealed under a fleece liner.

I think I'm still going to be discovering new pockets for a few days yet; there's loads, and they don't add to bulk or anything so that's great. I'm hard on pockets and invariably bust linings so I'll see how the durability goes with time.

Can't comment on warmth as I'm in the tropics and it's 32c right now, there are some large zippered vents at the back of the thigh to help with venting, looks like a good mesh liner in there that won't show up the colour of your underwear if you have them open.

So, first impressions are all good, super happy with the results of the effort Maria has put into them, and glad to have been part of the process.

Jenny

Angel Diva
PANTS HAVE LANDED!

First impression: zips, lots of zips, lots of pockets and oooo, zips are iridescent and shiny. Honestly, the amount of thought that has gone into these pants, and the level of detail is astonishing.

I bought a tall, which tbh are a little too long for me (I'm 5 foot 9), but once I get boots on and stuff there'll be a couple of inches taken up there. Pants are roomy in the thighs without be baggy. I'm shaped like a brick so there's no need to cinch in the waist but if I needed to there are some little hooks, nicely concealed under a fleece liner.

I think I'm still going to be discovering new pockets for a few days yet; there's loads, and they don't add to bulk or anything so that's great. I'm hard on pockets and invariably bust linings so I'll see how the durability goes with time.

Can't comment on warmth as I'm in the tropics and it's 32c right now, there are some large zippered vents at the back of the thigh to help with venting, looks like a good mesh liner in there that won't show up the colour of your underwear if you have them open.

So, first impressions are all good, super happy with the results of the effort Maria has put into them, and glad to have been part of the process.
OK, nice to hear about the length, as I'm also 5'9". Did you get your normal size?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly