• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Got my COVID vaccine

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Well, it's supposed to be an incentive for getting more vaccinated.. and it doesn't seem like Vermont is in desperate need of that right? :smile:

Here it will open for registration July 1 and the first drawing will be at the end of July and then weekly through the end of August. You can only register once fully vaccinated, so it gives time for those who are still unvaccinated to get in by even the first drawing if they get started soon.

Right now we have over 4 million fully vaccinated, so I don't love the odds but here's hoping! lol
I would love to see the waverers and stragglers come in! Vermont to 100%! The owner of the local country store told me yesterday that she *knows* who’s unvaccinated (it’s hard not to when you’re the only store in a town of 1900) and those same people give her a hard time about wearing a mask at her request in *her* store. We both clucked like chickens and clutched our pearls!

MissySki

Angel Diva
Haha yeah, but I guess the question is how much extra you really get for that 20% if it's true that we need around 80% for heard immunity (though I'm not sure if that number is still the current target?). There are always going to be some people who cannot or will not get vaccinated. Maybe you'll have more luck with such a small and older population in VT, but I don't have any thought that we can actually get anywhere near 100% in most areas. I mean people freaked out last year when MA wanted to make the flu shot mandatory for returning to school for goodness sake.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
You’re right about the herd immunity! We have really good uptake in the most vulnerable population - something like 95+% of those who are 65 or older have gotten vaccinated. I’m still watching our vaccine dashboard obsessively and even the counties that are more vaccine hesitant are making progress. I’m extremely thankful for everyone’s efforts!

Dr Pugs has an autoimmune condition and fortunately he has access to medicine that doesn’t inhibit the viral immune response, but not everyone that is immunocompromised is so lucky (we have great health insurance and, of course, excellent healthcare access) so I definitely am keeping my fingers crossed for the still-vulnerable among us.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Those who got J&J should be happy to know that it seems to do well against the Delta variant.

"July 1, 2021, Updated 9:20 p.m. ET

The Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine is effective against the highly contagious Delta variant, even eight months after inoculation, the company reported on Thursday — a finding that should reassure the 11 million Americans who have gotten the shot.

The vaccine showed a small drop in potency against the variant, compared with its effectiveness against the original virus, the company said. But the vaccine was more effective against the Delta variant than the Beta variant, first identified in South Africa — the pattern also seen with mRNA vaccines.
. . ."

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Those who got J&J should be happy to know that it seems to do well against the Delta variant.

"July 1, 2021, Updated 9:20 p.m. ET

The Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine is effective against the highly contagious Delta variant, even eight months after inoculation, the company reported on Thursday — a finding that should reassure the 11 million Americans who have gotten the shot.

The vaccine showed a small drop in potency against the variant, compared with its effectiveness against the original virus, the company said. But the vaccine was more effective against the Delta variant than the Beta variant, first identified in South Africa — the pattern also seen with mRNA vaccines.
. . ."
Yes, I saw that when it came out. Great news, that study also states that J&J vaccine immune response doesn't wane over time, even increases.

Last edited:

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
I received both of my Pfizer doses in the US during 2 transatlantic trips - #1 in May and #2 in June. Back here in France, I got the CDC card converted into the digital French QR code, loaded it into the official France COVID app, and used it to travel:

1) to my Andorra appartment by car 10 days ago (wasn’t checked, honestly - but is supposed to be required to come back into France from Andorra at the border) - note, it was my first visit in 7 months and all was still standing with no squatters in sight :-)
2) to fly to Spain and back last week, where it was checked 3 times (going and coming, by both the airline and passport control) - vaccine in lieu of PCR test

:-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly