• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

FayGoneAstray

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi ladies - thinking of selling one my of new with tags high end hardshell Goretex Peak Performance ski shell. I got two to try but no returns as final sale. Oops. I can't justify keeping both - any suggestions of where to sell a new ski jacket? It was a great deal and I'd sell at a light loss. I'm just deciding which to keep. I'm currently hiding both in my closet so my husband doesn't find out. He will kill me if he saw two!! If anyone is interested I can post here after I decide. What other groups or sites for higher end gear? I'm based in Canada but American sites are fine too.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi @FayGoneAstray after you post 25 posts, you'll gain access to some diva-only forum threads. There's a Gear Swap and Sale thread, where you can post the details and photos of your jacket. So please keep posting! :smile: You cannot post a 'for sale' item yet, that's contrary to Ski Diva rules.

https://www.skitalk.com is another ski forum, there's a similar thread there too. There are also other re-sale sites, like Poshmark, eBay, GearTrade, and Mercari. I've used Poshmark, they take a small % of the sale. I think GearTrade and eBay do too. You can do reconnaissance to get an idea of what people say:
https://poshmark.com/listing/Peak-performance-2-layer-ski-jacket-5f88f66f3a0db914a2c1e529

Another option might be a B/S/T (buy/sell/trade) Facebook page.

Last edited:

newboots

Angel Diva
You’re more than halfway there! Keep posting. And…please post on theskidiva.com if it’s a size L! :wink:

Christy

Angel Diva
Hi ladies - thinking of selling one my of new with tags high end hardshell Goretex Peak Performance ski shell. I got two to try but no returns as final sale. Oops. I can't justify keeping both - any suggestions of where to sell a new ski jacket? It was a great deal and I'd sell at a light loss. I'm just deciding which to keep. I'm currently hiding both in my closet so my husband doesn't find out. He will kill me if he saw two!! If anyone is interested I can post here after I decide. What other groups or sites for higher end gear? I'm based in Canada but American sites are fine too.

Aside from here, what about a local consignment store? My neighborhood boutique loves getting outdoor and exercise apparel.

FayGoneAstray

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi ladies it appears my status has changed and I'm now a "Certified Ski Diva" so if anyone is interested in my size small technical shell (new with tags) I can post. Otherwise I may post it in fall when most people are thinking more about ski season! It's really awesome. I just don't need two new jackets. oops.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
Saw this for cheap (~usd$45) and nabbed it, figuring I'd just sell it on if I didn't like it. It's an old model Flylow "Masala" jacket. In purple! My main ski shell is teal. I'm a fan of bright colours :smile:

View attachment 15858

It must have been made as a backcountry jacket as it doesn't have a sleeve pass pocket. A few of the non commercial ski areas near me don't use RFID anyway though so not a huge deal. I can put my RFID pass in my pants pocket or one of the handwarmer pockets and do the gate dance/wiggle at my main ski area if I want to wear it there :smile:

The most interesting thing about them is that the internal pockets don't look very big but actually go all the way down:

View attachment 15859
How does the sizing run? Hip area especially?

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
I love Flylow womens ski wear! I have three of their jackets and three pairs of their pants. The jackets I have are two daphne jackets and one avery. They are insulated and are so light. They are cozy and warm and don't weigh me down. The pants I have are the daisy insulated pant - two of these and the nina shell pant for backcountry skiing. The cool thing about the nina pant is it has zip vents on each side of each leg. It really helps to keep me from overheating skinning the uptrack.
hi. I have been looking at the Flylow jackets, like the Daphne, since you are a Pro wearer, can you tell me what the fit would be like with someone with hips? Do they have pit vents-if so are they tighter under the arms? Thanks

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How does the sizing run? Hip area especially?
So for this style (haven't tried on any of the newer flylow jackets as they're hard to find in my area) it fits pretty true to size, on the slightly closer-fitting side i.e I'd size up if i wanted a baggier fit. I can easily fit base and puffy mid layers under it and the arms are nice and long, but it's not super roomy at the hips. For reference I have a size Small jacket and i am 5'3/115-120lb.

I've attached photos of a couple quick measurements i did at the hip area and the underarm/chest area. That hip measurement hits at the widest part of my hips/butt and while it fits well i wouldn't want it to be much narrower. I did a quick measurement of my hip circumference and it's about 36-37". If i was taller it wouldn't be as much of an issue though because it would sit slightly higher i think

My guess is that the fit might be slightly looser in their newest jackets because i feel like styles have changed to become looser/more "freeride" but since I've never tried any on, i can't say for sure!

Attachments

• 20210827_204816.jpg
    20210827_204816.jpg
    579.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210827_204856.jpg
    20210827_204856.jpg
    446.2 KB · Views: 2

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
So for this style (haven't tried on any of the newer flylow jackets as they're hard to find in my area) it fits pretty true to size, on the slightly closer-fitting side i.e I'd size up if i wanted a baggier fit. I can easily fit base and puffy mid layers under it and the arms are nice and long, but it's not super roomy at the hips. For reference I have a size Small jacket and i am 5'3/115-120lb.
Thank you so much
I've attached photos of a couple quick measurements i did at the hip area and the underarm/chest area. That hip measurement hits at the widest part of my hips/butt and while it fits well i wouldn't want it to be much narrower. I did a quick measurement of my hip circumference and it's about 36-37". If i was taller it wouldn't be as much of an issue though because it would sit slightly higher i think

My guess is that the fit might be slightly looser in their newest jackets because i feel like styles have changed to become looser/more "freeride" but since I've never tried any on, i can't say for sure!

lisaski

Certified Ski Diva
hi. I have been looking at the Flylow jackets, like the Daphne, since you are a Pro wearer, can you tell me what the fit would be like with someone with hips? Do they have pit vents-if so are they tighter under the arms? Thanks
I have the 2019 Daphne in medium. When I stretch out the bottom (hip area) of the jacket, it is 22 inches across, which would indicate that it would be 44 inches in the hips. Arm pit to arm pit is about the same. It does have pit zips and is a roomy jacket for me in both hips and chest in that I can wear a puffy jacket mid-layer under it on frigid days. I'm 5'6" and am about 130 lbs. What I love most about these jackets is that they provide insulation that keeps me warm like a bulky jacket without the bulk and are very light in weight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly