• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

That is it!

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ah well @Mudgirl630 skiing is a "hobby/ lifestyle" sport for me ... I surf many more days each year than you ski and would never change that ... but I still enjoy my mountain time.

Why did your season end ? I imagine backcountry options are still available in Colorado?

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I do not care to be in Aspen when the ski season ends. By the time being there for 5 months, I am ready for a city life. I hate a hot summer, so I go to our lake house and spend most of the hot season.

Skivt2

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I live the same life. Been living most of each winter in Killington for 11 years. Sunday was day 100 though many friends have more. We had to quarantine this year before we started staying all the time. Killington opened late by a month at thanksgiving. We went for 10 days then back to CT to quarantine again for 18 days before going to stay for the duration on 12/18. Our place has been walking distance to the lift at Pico so since it’s closed Tuesday/Wednesday I rarely made the journey to Killington those days since it’s like 10 minutes each way and weekdays I often skied lunch hour+ or so. Like folks say when you live in a ski town you go out a lot for 1-4 hours as you can to fit it in and still keep the rest of your life going. I may still get 1-6 days in depending on the snow. I do have a portable monitor with my laptop screen which works just fine. My husband is mostly remote as well so we have a 2 room condo with a workstation in each room. But we have lived like this for years so we had those set up before the virus hit lol.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I live the same life. Been living most of each winter in Killington for 11 years. Sunday was day 100 though many friends have more. We had to quarantine this year before we started staying all the time. Killington opened late by a month at thanksgiving. We went for 10 days then back to CT to quarantine again for 18 days before going to stay for the duration on 12/18. Our place has been walking distance to the lift at Pico so since it’s closed Tuesday/Wednesday I rarely made the journey to Killington those days since it’s like 10 minutes each way and weekdays I often skied lunch hour+ or so. Like folks say when you live in a ski town you go out a lot for 1-4 hours as you can to fit it in and still keep the rest of your life going. I may still get 1-6 days in depending on the snow. I do have a portable monitor with my laptop screen which works just fine. My husband is mostly remote as well so we have a 2 room condo with a workstation in each room. But we have lived like this for years so we had those set up before the virus hit lol.
I am guessing that is in VT? I never skied/ski in east coast, so ......

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I love bumps, but not a big fan of a lot of ice that I hear of skiing in east. We do have tricky areas late season, April as everywhere, in Aspen.

marzNC

Angel Diva
We have a lake house on top of NC mountain. Never gets above 80 in August. I go back and force between there and a townhouse 2 hours away in a city till get close to a ski season opening.
I love bumps, but not a big fan of a lot of ice that I hear of skiing in east. We do have tricky areas late season, April as everywhere, in Aspen.
Hello! <waving from Raleigh, NC>

Keep in mind that snow conditions in the southeast (TN, NC, WV, VA), mid-Atlantic (PA, MD) and the northeast (NJ, NY, New England) are quite different. My home mountain driving from my house is Massanutten in northern VA. I've explored in the other regions for fun in the last decade, as well as to take kids in elementary school skiing. I and my daughter went to boarding schools in New England before attending college in NC.

While Alta remains my favorite destination out west, for bumps I go to Taos. Aspen/Snowmass is in my Top Five too in terms of terrain but the travel logistics mean I'm not in a hurry for a return trip. My schoolmate from NY who is my primary ski buddy spent his high school years skiing bumps on Bell Mountain at Aspen.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva

Keep in mind that snow conditions in the southeast (TN, NC, WV, VA), mid-Atlantic (PA, MD) and the northeast (NJ, NY, New England) are quite different. My home mountain driving from my house is Massanutten in northern VA. I've explored in the other regions for fun in the last decade, as well as to take kids in elementary school skiing. I and my daughter went to boarding schools in New England before attending college in NC.

While Alta remains my favorite destination out west, for bumps I go to Taos. Aspen/Snowmass is in my Top Five too in terms of terrain but the travel logistics mean I'm not in a hurry for a return trip. My schoolmate from NY who is my primary ski buddy spent his high school years skiing bumps on Bell Mountain at Aspen.
I am sure the condition varies from area to area, but nowhere beats powers in out west. :wink: Yes, I know, we are spoiled. Combinations of almost no lines and the powders, I will never ski in East.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva

I do ski bumps in Bell, but bumps in Highlands Mountain are much longer and more options. Just 10 min bus ride from Aspen.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I do ski bumps in Bell, but bumps in Highlands Mountain are much longer and more options. Just 10 min bus ride from Aspen.
Back in the 1970s, Highlands wasn't part of Aspen. :smile: The high school kids only went to Highlands in late season when that was still decent since it's at higher elevation.

The bus system around Aspen/Snowmass is certainly one of the best for a large resort with multiple mountains.

floatingyardsale

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks, but not unusual. People who live in ski town get to do this. I live in Aspen for the ski season, so I get to do it. :dance:

I'm not quite in a ski town, but at 20 minutes from my house to my resort, those half days are glorious. Ski seven runs, get back to work before anyone notices too much. I managed 55 this year which will probably be my max for a while.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly