• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What to watch? (need streaming series suggestions)

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Has anyone mentioned Derry Girls yet? It's on Netflix. I did a search and didn't find anything on it. It's super cute. It's set in the 90s, so for me being a 90s teen it was very nostalgic. I also thought it did a really good job of being humorous while still showing the gravity of the situation in Northern Ireland in the 90s.

newboots

Angel Diva
I just started Schitsel, which someone else recommended above. I have to cruise over to my kids' profile to find new shows because mine just becomes stale. I haven't seen Derry Girls, but it seems Netflix doesn't care if I do or not!

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Has anyone mentioned Derry Girls yet? It's on Netflix. I did a search and didn't find anything on it. It's super cute. It's set in the 90s, so for me being a 90s teen it was very nostalgic. I also thought it did a really good job of being humorous while still showing the gravity of the situation in Northern Ireland in the 90s.
Oh I love Derry Girls. So funny - I love shows where you can't decide who your favourite character is, although it probably has to be Sister Michael.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sister Michael is a whole ass mood. "What's happening? Am I dead? Is this my wake? Am I in hell?"

Amie H

Angel Diva
That’s the episode we saw last night! Loved seeing the actor who played Dougal in Father Ted in there too.

Ahhh, big Father Ted fans over here in our house. "Nuns! Nuns! Reverse! Reverse!" :rotf:

We got rid of all pay streaming services and just use WatchTCM, YouTube, and Tubi these days. If anyone is interested in more Irish TV shows, Tubi has popular Irish home renovation show, "Room to Improve" with Dermot Bannon.

Christy

Angel Diva
I recently rewatched the BBC's 6-part Pride and Prejudice. (It never gets old for me). My husband will watch anything though a period piece is never his favorite, and he spent a lot of time looking at his phone. I didn't realize that he had not really been paying attention until the middle of the last episode, when he suddenly asked, "What's this show? Crime and Punishment?"

:laughter:

Dostoevsky, Jane Austen...what's the difference?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I recently rewatched the BBC's 6-part Pride and Prejudice. (It never gets old for me). My husband will watch anything though a period piece is never his favorite, and he spent a lot of time looking at his phone. I didn't realize that he had not really been paying attention until the middle of the last episode, when he suddenly asked, "What's this show? Crime and Punishment?"

:laughter:

Dostoevsky, Jane Austen...what's the difference?

Omigosh, that's a great adaptation. Another period piece which is really, really good is the 2002 BBC adaptation of The Forsyte Saga. Damian Lewis is Soames Forsyte, and he is excellent! (My DH used to call it The Fancy Show, which I thought was hysterical)

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Google search says Netflix and Hulu. I have the DVDs.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
I bought the dvds when they came out and THEN bought the digital copy on Amazon bc it works out in the annual viewing. :rotf:

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hmm, I might do that! I get so much enjoyment from it. Mrs. Bennett...

You might enjoy this Youtube [SPOILERS], it's exceedingly diverting:

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly