• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Got my COVID vaccine

newboots

Angel Diva
@Pequenita - move the arm! It lessens the pain. Especially if you move it today; I don't know why it helps, but I suspect it disperses the vaccine so it's not so concentrated in one area, attracting all those T cells or whatever they're called. :hug:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Think you'll be okay. I had my shot #2 at 3pm on a Thursday. 12 hours later (3 am) I had the chills, terrible headache, ache all over, cotton mouth, sinus pain and finally at 8 am had 100.9 fever and took a Tylenol. Slight arm pain but nothing compared to other symptoms . Could barely make it to fill my water glass.

Don't wait like I did..... Take your Tylenol.

newboots

Angel Diva
^^
+1 on the Tylenol. Good for you on the windmills! I found that they hurt less when I was swinging them around. Not that they actually hurt less, but I was in control of the movement and it wasn't sneaking up on me like rolling over in bed or putting on a pullover!

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My fever “broke” (is that possible for a vaccine-induced fever?”) last night before going to bed. I would say for me, in addition to being well hydrated, being well-fed was important. Usually I don’t eat lunch until 1:30, and I found with both doses that I felt a lot better after eating. I have no idea if I got hunger headaches that I mistook for vax side effects (when I hadn’t been getting hunger headaches for regularly eating at that time), or if I just needed more energy for my body to deal with the immune response or what.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Apparently they are seeing a good amount of fainting as an adverse event with the Johnson and Johnson vaccine in some areas of the country. A few places have halted using it to investigate further the cause of the issue. Interesting to see where it goes, also kind of odd that it's only a few sites reporting this issue nationwide currently (that I've seen). Good reminder that staying around for observation is an important part of the process even though the vast majority don't have an issue.

https://www.wpri.com/health/coronav...qEarDkbWdFQcEgbRAbZjDu6zKM08My2gFuYFeH_fyXb5E

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Apparently they are seeing a good amount of fainting as an adverse event with the Johnson and Johnson vaccine in some areas of the country. A few places have halted using it to investigate further the cause of the issue. Interesting to see where it goes, also kind of odd that it's only a few sites reporting this issue nationwide currently (that I've seen). Good reminder that staying around for observation is an important part of the process even though the vast majority don't have an issue.

https://www.wpri.com/health/coronav...qEarDkbWdFQcEgbRAbZjDu6zKM08My2gFuYFeH_fyXb5E

at the place I had mine done they checked the time of the shot versus the time they let you check out. No idea what they’re doing everywhere else! But they made sure we had waited at least 15 minutes.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
at the place I had mine done they checked the time of the shot versus the time they let you check out. No idea what they’re doing everywhere else! But they made sure we had waited at least 15 minutes.

Ours had a very nice waiting area with wifi. I have an anaphylaxis level allergy so I totally waited. Not messing around.

It is nice to be vaccinated and feel an iota of security.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've generally found that the more I move my arm after a vaccine/shot the faster the soreness at the immediate site goes away. I miss gymnastics for this reason. It always did wonders for that.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Anyone want to weigh in on this one:

The Verge: One side effect of the COVID-19 vaccine could be a heavier period.
https://www.theverge.com/2021/4/9/22374523/covid-vaccine-period-heavy-survey

I can't comment, being way past all that, but I definitely sent it to my daughter.

I got an IUD at the very end of 2019, and haven’t had a period at all in probably a year now. Occasionally I’ll have very light spotting, but even that is unusual now. It’s so wonderful, I wish I’d gotten one years ago! No change in any of this from the vaccine so far, though I’m only 2 weeks post the first dose.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly