• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Instant Pot

Jenny

Angel Diva
Remember, I’ve never actually followed this exact recipe. I use it as a guide for time more than anything else. I usually start with a frozen roast, so searing it hasn’t ever been a thing, and I don't even know what prepared horseradish looks like, much less how it gets that way. But it sounds good - I’ll do it sometime.

Instant Pot Pot Roast

Source: amindfullmom.com

INGREDIENTS

1/2 tablespoon oil
3 pound chuck roast
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup prepared horseradish
4 cups beef stock
3 pounds potatoes quartered
1 pound carrots peeled and cut into 2 inch chunks

DIRECTIONS

Cooking a Fresh Pot Roast (Thawed)

Season roast with salt and pepper liberally.

Turn the pressure cooker to saute. Once hot, add in the oil. Sear meat on all sides, 3-4 minutes per side. Remove meat from inner pot.

Pour in beef broth and scrape up any browned bits on bottom of instant pot.

Add roast back into pressure cooker, along with the onion powder, garlic and horseradish.

Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes per pound.

When the cook time has elapsed, allow for pressure to release for 10-20 minutes.

For Frozen Pot Roast

Place roast, beef broth, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic and horseradish in inner pot of pressure cooker.

Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes per pound.

When cook time has elapsed, allow for pressure to release for 10-20 minutes.

Pot Roast with Carrots and Potatoes

Sear the meat as directed if using a fresh roast.

Add remaining ingredients into pressure cooker and cook for 20 minutes LESS than directions state (Cook for 40 minutes on high pressure for FRESH 3 pound Pot Roast or 70 minutes on high pressure for FROZEN 3 pound roast)

Allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes.

Open instant pot and add in carrots and potatoes, seal pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.

Allow pressure cooker to naturally release pressure for 10-20 minutes before releasing any remaining pressure. Serve the pot roast.

NUTRITION

Saturated Fat 7g
Cholesterol 93mg
Sodium 603mg
Potassium 1351mg
Carbohydrates 23g
Fiber 4g
Protein 32g
Vitamin C 20mg
Calcium 91mg
Iron 7.7mg

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mmmmm ... horseradish.

Prepared horseradish is like minced garlic. All the cleaning and chopping has been done and it's in a jar. It is white. I think it's in a refrigerated section in the store. Horseradish is also used in cocktail sauce, so it may be near the seafood section.

newboots

Angel Diva
If you are exceptionally courageous, you could track down horseradish root, a huge brown gnarly thing. Using your ski goggles so your eyes won’t need 48 hours to, peel and grate.

Onions have nothin’ on this stuff.

Thank your deity of choice for prepared horseradish.

Jenny

Angel Diva
If you are exceptionally courageous, you could track down horseradish root, a huge brown gnarly thing. Using your ski goggles so your eyes won’t need 48 hours to, peel and grate.

Onions have nothin’ on this stuff.

Thank your deity of choice for prepared horseradish.
@vickie knows me well. @newboots - the chances of me looking for horseradish in the wild are exactly the same as my chances of skiing anything that has couloir in its name.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Curious what's messy about a quick release? It's just steam. I've always felt it dissipates almost immediately.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Curious what's messy about a quick release? It's just steam. I've always felt it dissipates almost immediately.
I had all sorts of stuff burbling out besides steam. Very messy. And we were prepared, sort of, but it was still a mess.

gingerjess

Angel Diva
I had all sorts of stuff burbling out besides steam. Very messy. And we were prepared, sort of, but it was still a mess.

Same. When I did the quick release, some of the soup that was inside seemed to vaporize? Got all over, and since it had maple syrup in it, it was incredibly sticky and a pain to clean.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Interesting. I've never had that issue before. I wouldn't have been prepared, b/c I'd never have expected it. lol

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, I wasn’t the one who thought of it. It was my husband. I'd have had meat juice all the hell all over the place.

Yeah, I'd be way less apt to use mine if it did this. I almost always use the quick release vs. natural.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
Curious, have you made the crock pot version and do you notice a difference between the two?
No, but I have a different one I've done stove top instead of IP. Lentils cook so fast anyway; why would you do them in a crockpot?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly