• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Where is my Epic Pass?

Peppermint

Angel Diva
Hi divas, I ordered my Epic Pass over a month ago and I still don't have it. Pretty frustrating since parts of New England is getting a foot of snow this weekend! I emailed [email protected] asking if they could give me a status update of where my pass is but no response. I also called but after 30 min on hold I gave up. Is anyone else out there having the same problem?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Bummer. You're not alone; I've heard a lot of people are having this problem. If you go to the ticket window of any Epic resort, I think they'll be able to print one out for you. Just make sure you have your account number and bring some ID.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Hi divas, I ordered my Epic Pass over a month ago and I still don't have it. Pretty frustrating since parts of New England is getting a foot of snow this weekend! I emailed [email protected] asking if they could give me a status update of where my pass is but no response. I also called but after 30 min on hold I gave up. Is anyone else out there having the same problem?
Good point. I purchased mine on 11/21, and no sign of it yet. I just sent an email inquiring about it -- will post back with any further details.

marzNC

Angel Diva
From what I've seen, if you can stay in the queue for the online Chat that seems to be more effective than trying to get someone on the phone.

Definitely quite a few people who haven't been mailed their Epic pass yet. In one region there was a software glitch identified. But only because one man was very stubborn and kept escalating the issue when he finally got someone on the phone. That was in the first few days that Epic reservations could be made.

marzNC

Angel Diva
We bought ours November 6th and they arrived 10 days ago.
So almost three weeks? Do you get an ID number on the receipt? That's all you need to make Epic reservations, right?

If there is a rush on Epic passes Dec. 4-6 as people realize that day tickets really are very scarce, the late buyers may not get their cards until after Christmas.

If any Epic resort can print an Epic card, then it doesn't make the much difference if it isn't received in the mail before someone's first ski day.

The first season I had Ikon, I did a very early season day trip to Killington. Didn't have the Ikon card yet. Was easy to get one printed out. Killington Customer Service could see that the stuff had been mailed to my house, but I left home before it arrived. They said to destroy that card and just keep using the one they gave me. Worked out fine.

WhyKnot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So almost three weeks? Do you get an ID number on the receipt? That's all you need to make Epic reservations, right?

If there is a rush on Epic passes Dec. 4-6 as people realize that day tickets really are very scarce, the late buyers may not get their cards until after Christmas.

If any Epic resort can print an Epic card, then it doesn't make the much difference if it isn't received in the mail before someone's first ski day.

The first season I had Ikon, I did a very early season day trip to Killington. Didn't have the Ikon card yet. Was easy to get one printed out. Killington Customer Service could see that the stuff had been mailed to my house, but I left home before it arrived. They said to destroy that card and just keep using the one they gave me. Worked out fine.
@marzNC Hi. I am wondering if you have any thoughts on an Epic Priority Days question. I have avoided picking any priority days since I see no dates blacked out and does not look like there would be a problem getting reservations (at least I am finding this now looking week to week where I ski). And since I'd just be guessing days for Priority. (Plus I have no interest in skiing on weekends though maybe Sunday afternoon). Am I thinking about this right? Or do you think days will start getting booked and I should reserve something for instance maybe last week of December or Spring Break?

marzNC

Angel Diva
@marzNC Hi. I am wondering if you have any thoughts on an Epic Priority Days question. I have avoided picking any priority days since I see no dates blacked out and does not look like there would be a problem getting reservations (at least I am finding this now looking week to week where I ski). And since I'd just be guessing days for Priority. (Plus I have no interest in skiing on weekends though maybe Sunday afternoon). Am I thinking about this right? Or do you think days will start getting booked and I should reserve something for instance maybe last week of December or Spring Break?
All the GMs and CEOs of destination resorts talked about thinking that only 15-25 days normally are super crowded. That's the two weeks around Christmas and New Year's Day and the holiday weekends around MLK Day and Pres. Day. This season is different so people who have to ski on weekends need to use Priority Days for Saturdays, and some Sundays. What happens during the first week of the season is always very dependent on weather conditions and when Opening Day actually happens. So that's not a good indicator of the level of interest in general.

From early on VR thought that locals would be able to use Week Of reservations for the great majority of their ski days. Especially after all the lifts were running and most, if not all, terrain is open at large resorts in the big mountains out west. Only families or people restricted to skiing on weekends and holiday periods needed to make Priority reservations weeks or months in advance. They are the people who have to plan all ski days well in advance in a normal season. Including the people who would want a refund if they couldn't get reservations for a week-long ski vacation before Dec. 8.

I wouldn't worry too much about spring break. That's always spread out across multiple weeks because different school systems take off different weeks. This spring many colleges aren't even having a spring break. Easter is in April so it's a non-issue that late in the season.

As for late Dec and early Jan, why not pick out a few Priority Days? Just make a decision at least a few days before so that if you decide to cancel, then you can let someone else have a chance. I wouldn't book more than 2-3 days in that holiday period though. Especially if you know that you don't really want to ski 5-7 days.

Does that help?

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

I don't know about numbers and receipts, sorry. EPIC already had my information online making everything quite simple. We bought our passes in September, booked our reservations as soon as the window opened, and were mailed the actual cards around Thanksgiving.

Also, just to share, I told them not to mail my card as I already have one, and forced them to return my $4.95 shipping, but they mailed me one anyway.

Last edited:

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I dont think I was sent a pass at all..was just planning on using the one from last year.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I've had the same pass for years. You will not get a new one .

Peppermint

Angel Diva
I have 2 kids and are planning to ski during Feb vacation, so I used our priority days for that week. If you want to ski certain weekends then I would start thinking of picking out some dates. If you only ski during the week, I wouldn't think you would have a problem.

WhyKnot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I dont think I was sent a pass at all..was just planning on using the one from last year.
Yes that's what I did, am using last years. And earlier on I called them to check to make sure it was activated, just to double check (and it was). But that may be me being overly cautious (I did not want to run into problems where I might have to go in lodge) and it may not be necessary. :smile:

WhyKnot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
All the GMs and CEOs of destination resorts talked about thinking that only 15-25 days normally are super crowded. That's the two weeks around Christmas and New Year's Day and the holiday weekends around MLK Day and Pres. Day. This season is different so people who have to ski on weekends need to use Priority Days for Saturdays, and some Sundays. What happens during the first week of the season is always very dependent on weather conditions and when Opening Day actually happens. So that's not a good indicator of the level of interest in general.

From early on VR thought that locals would be able to use Week Of reservations for the great majority of their ski days. Especially after all the lifts were running and most, if not all, terrain is open at large resorts in the big mountains out west. Only families or people restricted to skiing on weekends and holiday periods needed to make Priority reservations weeks or months in advance. They are the people who have to plan all ski days well in advance in a normal season. Including the people who would want a refund if they couldn't get reservations for a week-long ski vacation before Dec. 8.

I wouldn't worry too much about spring break. That's always spread out across multiple weeks because different school systems take off different weeks. This spring many colleges aren't even having a spring break. Easter is in April so it's a non-issue that late in the season.

As for late Dec and early Jan, why not pick out a few Priority Days? Just make a decision at least a few days before so that if you decide to cancel, then you can let someone else have a chance. I wouldn't book more than 2-3 days in that holiday period though. Especially if you know that you don't really want to ski 5-7 days.

Does that help?
@marzNC Hi I have another question as I just opened an email*. When Epic tells us to choose our primary resort, what does that effectively mean? Does it mean we get better choices there then others? I ski at 2 or 3 different places so I am wondering what to do / how to think most wisely about this one?

*Core Season - If you plan to ski or ride all season long and don’t have specific dates in mind, log into My Account and select Core Season and choose a primary resort where you plan to mainly ski or ride.

marzNC

Angel Diva
@marzNC Hi I have another question as I just opened an email*. When Epic tells us to choose our primary resort, what does that effectively mean? Does it mean we get better choices there then others? I ski at 2 or 3 different places so I am wondering what to do / how to think most wisely about this one?

*Core Season - If you plan to ski or ride all season long and don’t have specific dates in mind, log into My Account and select Core Season and choose a primary resort where you plan to mainly ski or ride.
Sorry, haven't heard anything about what's happening for the Core Season. My guess is that VR is trying to get a sense of which resorts may have too much demand. The flip side of a multi-resort pass like Epic/Epic Local is that there is really little way to predict where passholders plan to ski. After all, someone who lives in the northeast may have bought Epic intending to ski a few days locally plus a week in the Rockies. People who live on the west coast may want to fly to ski Park City.

I would be very surprised if it made any difference when it comes to you picking a reservation date.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva

I may be wrong, but the way I understood that in reference to their refund policy was that if you specify one resort for the Core Season and it shuts down, you get the refund, but if you don't specify one specific resort, then ALL their resorts have to shut down (like last season) before the refund kicks in for you. Just another way to make it harder to qualify for their "insurance" policy.

If anyone understands this differently, please comment. Any lawyers among us?

marzNC

Angel Diva
I may be wrong, but the way I understood that in reference to their refund policy was that if you specify one resort for the Core Season and it shuts down, you get the refund, but if you don't specify one specific resort, then ALL their resorts have to shut down (like last season) before the refund kicks in for you. Just another way to make it harder to qualify for their "insurance" policy.
Ah, I thought @WhyKnot was asking about something new more related to reservations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly