• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Nordica Santa Ana 93 2019/2020

Sandrinjo

Certified Ski Diva
These reviews helped me a lot so i'd like to share with you guys my impressions about Nordica Santa Ana 93 - 2019/2020- 161cm

Intro: I have been looking at these for a while but and based on my experience on my other skis thought it might be a good ski for me. On the other hand in all reviews it was hyped as a expert super damp skis so i wasn't sure and had no plans on buying it. I was shopping for an all mountain skis that can also be my powder ski (105ish waist) and the ski shop had these for a good price and how it usually goes, it gave me "it is a sign" excuse and i got them.

Me: 5"4" , 135ibs.
Last Year I Skied: K2 Alluvit 88 163. K2 Fulluvit 96 163, Armada Victa 87. I would say i am an advanced skier at this point (also my ski friends and tech say so)

I found the k2 skies to be too soft for me. Did not trust them on groomers, skied on stuff. My problem was also I was progressing really fast through out the season and overpowering my skies. Anyways, i kept thinking that i need a stiffer ski as i started being really unhappy with the k2 skis but there was an inner voice telling me maybe it is not the ski but the skier. I got Armada Victa in January and it really changed the game for me.

Back to Santa Ana 93.. I skied it for the past two days and i was so surprised how easy it is to ski. It did take me one run to get used to them.

Day one: My first day of the season. 4 front side lifts open. 2 inches of snow overnight, 2inches the day before and it kept snowing the whole day.

This ski skied crud and small bumps like they're not there. It was a whiteout for the most of the day, and i could go fast and not think what is in front of me because i knew this ski can ski it and i loved the feeling. After a couple of crudy runs a transitioned to some bigger moguls and again i was so surprised. I skied moguls better then ever before, a lot of them were skied off by that time (something k2 fulluvits would slide all over it) - it is super easy to make any kind of turns on them. (The only reason I did not sell the k2Allovit 88 is because i didn't like Victas that much in moguls).

After that they opened a new lift and some new terrain so I got to go into some very powdery but tracked already steeps in a complete whiteout. They did great - same thing, i could not see what i am skiing, there were bumps, parts with untracked powder, then some frozen crud, little trees sticking out of ground, a lot of tracked powder and i did not care that i couldn't see because i had the confidence that whatever i stumble upon the ski would just crush over it.

It has a decent float but i would probably take another ski if it was snowing more and the back bowls were open.

After day one i was very happy but wondering how it would do on the groomers. I got to test that today. it was a nice sunny day and everything was groomed. I got out early and had some runs for myself. I like to ski fast and there was only a tiny bit of chatter - i expected a lot more because it is shorter then my other skis and i was pleasantly surprised. It held a really good edge, it likes the speed and long turns on groomers. I was surprised how playful it is. I did a lot of jumps on it today.

My biggest surprise is that it is actually very forgiving... way more then the Victas.

Also all reviews emphasize how heavy they are ( I have demo bindings on them and they are not much heavier then Victas - victas also have two sheets of metal ).

It is still early to tell as not a lot of terrain was open but i think i found my daily driver.

I

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I demoed the Santa Ana in a 161(unbeknownst to me) in Taos last winter. I asked for a 153 (5'1 105) and had a blast on the ski and thought the length was fine. Skied all day in varying conditions. We did a video analysis that day that looked pretty good. I returned them and the tech said "how did the 161 work for you?" I said I was on the 153. He showed me the ski and said "you were on the 161." Anyhow very fun ski ! I do believe the 2021 has one sheet of metal instead of two and skis a bit "longer." And sizing has changed I think I heard.
Enjoy!

Sandrinjo

Certified Ski Diva
Yes i would say it is really fun and easy. I don’t understand why it is marketed as really demanding and experts only ski. I talked to the guys from powder7 shop about it ( I didn’t het it from them) and they were also saying how it is really demanding and not for everyone and that is why they changed it this year to expand their market to advanced and lower intermediate skiers. I am wondering how much different the 2021 version is.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Sandrinjo sounds like you had two great days on the Santa Ana. When you are comparing them to your Victas are they the Victa or Victa Ti ?

Sandrinjo

Certified Ski Diva
They are Armada Victa 87ti. I loved the victas stability compared to k2 skis i mentioned above. But compared to Sanata ana 93... santa Ana is 161cm and on those couple of runs i took going really fast i was happy with them... when going faster on victas i always wished they were longer even though they are 163cm. They both hold a good edge on groomers. That is what i can add in addition to what i mentioned above.

Sandrinjo

Certified Ski Diva
I would like to add that the more i ride them the more in love i am in these skis. Yesterday was icy and they did ok (Victas are better in ice i must admit but it was really easy to navigate ice).Also they did awesome in frozen crud. Still in disbelief how forgiving they are. I guess i am in love that much that yesterday on the lift i was thinking i my need to get a back up pair as they changed them this year

MissySki

Angel Diva
I would like to add that the more i ride them the more in love i am in these skis. Yesterday was icy and they did ok (Victas are better in ice i must admit but it was really easy to navigate ice).Also they did awesome in frozen crud. Still in disbelief how forgiving they are. I guess i am in love that much that yesterday on the lift i was thinking i my need to get a back up pair as they changed them this year

Woohoo sounds like true ski love! :banana:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly