• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Masks for skiing

kiki

Angel Diva
@kiki @skibum4ever what color lenses do you have on the Abom?
I have the HEET model, with 3 lenses: clear, resolution red, and copper dome. My default for our PNW days especially poor visibility days is the resolution red. I got the copper as I found I got some eye strain on sunny days in the spring, but it is not much different than the resolution red for brightness and I find it a duller view. Recommend the resolution red. I need another lens for the bluebird sunny days in the spring.

Christy

Angel Diva
Alrighty I just bought the Abom Heet googles. I didn't really know I was in the market for googles, and I was skeptical I'd get to ski this winter, but now that I know I will ski and that I can't seem to master wearing a mask without glasses fogging, and that I get google fogging anyway sometimes because I always wear a neck gaiter, I went ahead and got some (in yellow). Special thanks to @Olesya Chornoguz for being such an enabler. :smile: It's nice that they are located in OR and don't charge sales tax!

Jilly

Staff member
I got 2 masks in the mail today. They have the CSIA logo on them and are made by Civil in Vietnam. Feels very comfy. So they have been washed and hope they dry quick so I can try them around town, before skiing.

So I had a dry land training day today for my dragon boat crew. Only 9 athletes and 2 coaches in the room. I wore this CSIA mask the whole time. No issues at all. Think I might order more. Then I'd have a few for skiing...2 Ski Diva, and 4 CSIA. The rest I don't think will cut it for ski activity.

I need a way to store them. I bought a cheap coffee mug tree, but it's not really high enough.

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How did you figure out which size to pick? It has small medium and large and I don’t see a description of what those are. Of course I might just be missing that!
@Abbi I bought a medium as I have another Seirus neoprene type mask in medium. The large is pretty big as my DH has a large and it is too big for me. Also there is some play in the sizing as it closes at the back of the neck with Velcro.
It was cold enough today to try it out on my walk. Great at blocking the wind and when I got too warm easy to pull down then pull back up as the wind picked up. Some fogging with glasses but I think with goggles/contacts I should be fine.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Abbi I bought a medium as I have another Seirus neoprene type mask in medium. The large is pretty big as my DH has a large and it is too big for me. Also there is some play in the sizing as it closes at the back of the neck with Velcro.
It was cold enough today to try it out on my walk. Great at blocking the wind and when I got too warm easy to pull down then pull back up as the wind picked up. Some fogging with glasses but I think with goggles/contacts I should be fine.

Great minds about going out today! I took the Buff with the filter and put goggles on. I already knew it would fog up my sunglasses. But it was fine with the goggles. That said the Buff is not warm enough when the wind is blowing straight on my face, especially after it is wet from being breathed through. I also couldn’t pull the thin fabric back up over my nose with heavy gloves. So something else to think about. Talk about an experiment we never considered having to have!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Country Ski and Sports is having a warehouse sale since there's no Boston ski show to sell at this year. I stopped in to check it out and almost bought a Seirus Magnemask Balaclava. They have different magnemask styles, this one fully covered the nose and mouth area with a single layer of fabric, but the front section can easily be pulled down and either left to hang or tucked into the top of your jacket. My main concern is how comfortable is it with the flexible magnets on either side of the face. Does anyone have one of these?

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Country Ski and Sports is having a warehouse sale since there's no Boston ski show to sell at this year. I stopped in to check it out and almost bought a Seirus Magnemask Balaclava. They have different magnemask styles, this one fully covered the nose and mouth area with a single layer of fabric, but the front section can easily be pulled down and either left to hang or tucked into the top of your jacket. My main concern is how comfortable is it with the flexible magnets on either side of the face. Does anyone have one of these?
Not yet, but I've been looking at them. I actually wrote to Seirus suggesting they combine one of those with their Evo masks, and they wrote me back and said to stay tuned - they're thinking about it, so I've been keeping an eye on their website.

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not yet, but I've been looking at them. I actually wrote to Seirus suggesting they combine one of those with their Evo masks, and they wrote me back and said to stay tuned - they're thinking about it, so I've been keeping an eye on their website.
The Seirus I bought has the EVO mask incorporated. I like the breathing pocket it makes, very comfortable. I wanted to look at the magnemasks but the shop I was in didn't have the styles I wanted to look at.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Was at my local ski shop to get Cat-tracks for DH and picked up this. I'm hoping it will be reasonably secure and easy to pull up and down.

https://www.seirus.com/evo-arc-dynamax-dana
I have just received both the Evo Dynamax Dana in S and the Thick and thin Headliner (1 size fits all). Both are super comfy. I like how the mask has a curved spine to make it stay from the face. The Dynamax Dana has 2 velcro on the back so if it's smaller then you need can be easily adjusted using velcro. Both seemed very comfy when I tried them on. I will wash them and try skiing in them this weekend, will bring bioskin earloop mask as a back-up/alternate option.

gingerjess

Angel Diva
I have just received both the Evo Dynamax Dana in S and the Thick and thin Headliner (1 size fits all). Both are super comfy. I like how the mask has a curved spine to make it stay from the face. The Dynamax Dana has 2 velcro on the back so if it's smaller then you need can be easily adjusted using velcro. Both seemed very comfy when I tried them on. I will wash them and try skiing in them this weekend, will bring bioskin earloop mask as a back-up/alternate option.

I also ordered two of the Dana and like them a lot; the velcro is a really nice touch and will make for an easier time getting them on and off. I'm also planning to ski this weekend and will bring the Buff filter tubes as backup.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I also ordered two of the Dana and like them a lot; the velcro is a really nice touch and will make for an easier time getting them on and off. I'm also planning to ski this weekend and will bring the Buff filter tubes as backup.
You're skiing this weekend? Where ? Please report back on masks and how they are working ! Also how the skiing is !

newboots

Angel Diva
The Seirus I bought has the EVO mask incorporated. I like the breathing pocket it makes, very comfortable. I wanted to look at the magnemasks but the shop I was in didn't have the styles I wanted to look at.

How is the fit? Have you worn it around anywhere? I am behind on prepping for my first ski trip of the season. I was too busy moving. And don't have snow tires on!

newboots

Angel Diva
If you go to the Seirus website and they tell you it’s carried at Olympia Sports at the Newburgh Mall, don’t believe them.
They don’t have any Seirus products in that store.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly