• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Actually it's a platter lift, not a T-bar. Sometimes called a Poma. Not too many here in NA. And we don't have too many handle or rope tows left. Most places have gone to "magic carpets" for their beginner areas.
Oh yeah it is. I think we call that a "button" lift when skiing in Europe. Maybe it's the same thing ? Anyhow, I have no idea where that is.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Okay, it could be part of the Portes du Soleil. That first part when you ski from the tram heading down to get on the lifts to go to Avoriaz. Chairs and button lifts criss crossing everywhere. How about a hint on the country ?

alison wong

Angel Diva

Next door.

This rope tow will take you to a "magic carpet", which previously was a button lift (disc bar?). This magic carpet is not only for beginners, it is for everyone. Because the carpet will take you to Telecabine Solaise (if I remember correctly), which is an uphill climb.
For this reason, I think the magic carpet is unique, different from any other magic carpets I've been to. It's easier to access the carpet from this rope tow. (you can bypass but it'd be some short uphill hike). During the day, the rope tow is practically empty. By the end of the day, it is "bumper to bumper"traffic....

The french way (of doing things) can be convoluted at times, but it is actually making sense. You just have to go w/ the flow and figure out the "why's" and connect the dots afterwards.

I want to go back there, that place is special...

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I think in order to keep this game fun and going, I'd like to offer it up to another diva to post a picture. Any takers ? First one gets it !

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
It's not Steamboat, Keystone, or Snowmass, but Snowmass is the closest as the crow flies. It's not on the Ikon or Epic pass and it's very close to the middle of the state.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly