• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

marzNC

Angel Diva
OUCH! That poor man. What a horrible experience.
/Off-topic
There has been plenty of speculation about the motives behind the video. The Alta transfer tow is really not that hard to learn to use. Little kids pick it up in no time just watching other people. So do adult beginners. I've been there with both. It beats having to take a shuttle bus, which is the more standard approach when there are bases in different drainages. Skiing between the bases isn't possible for beginners, and sometimes the connection is closed due to weather or snow conditions. Alta includes three fairly distinct sections and the transfer tow allows even beginners to go between the two bases pretty easily.

Since Alta is my favorite skiing in the west, I don't want people who haven't been there to get the wrong idea of the vibe.
/END

Après Skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Since Alta is my favorite skiing in the west, I don't want people who haven't been there to get the wrong idea

I agree completely. Alta is in amazing resort, one of the best in the country. And the transfer tow is simple, convenient, and there is even something fun and whimsical about it (certainly more enjoyable than a boring tram or bus). This was just an unfortunate incident of someone who was confused.

Last edited:

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
I thought I was being tricky by using a view that didn't really exist until last year (that's the Beavers heading down to the right), but, yes, it's A-Basin. :smile:

Après Skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That is a pretty photo of A-Basin. Is that Keystone in the near background and Breckenridge in the far background?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly