• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Coronavirus Risk Levels, by state and county

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You and me both!

Look at this picture from a rally at Huset Speedway in Brandon, South Dakota, during the opening week of the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. Not a mask in sight. Soon all these bikers will be driving back home, stopping at thousands of spots all across America. Good grief.

We will never be through with this virus.

View attachment 13324
I played “where’s Waldo” with the photo looking for face coverings. How many can you spot?

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I heard it's part of med school for surgeons to train at holding their breath for hours at a time!

Or just breathing whatever they breathe out into the body of who they are operating on. Since obviously there’s no problem with breathing anywhere and on anybody! God this makes me nuts!

Jilly

Staff member
This is interesting to compare Canada vs the US. Canada has the population of California or Florida. The info is infected per million of population.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Trends are what matter most. What hasn't happened yet is for enough states to manage to have a decreasing trend over more than a few weeks.

Even a few of the states in the northeast that were hard hit in the spring and seemed to have convinced their residents to be sensible found that people were more complacent in July. When things get out of control, more people change their behavior regardless of what regulations are in place. That may be what's happening in Florida and Texas, although it's always hard to say because the situation is changing so rapidly.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

Selected data displays on August 5. The webpage is highly interactive.

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 8.54.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-05 at 8.54.47 PM.png

sk8ski

Certified Ski Diva
Screenshot_20200725-173142.jpg
Operating at 50% capacity, they say...
(that's on Saturday at 5:31pm, half an hour before close time)

Jilly

Staff member
Our waterparks are still closed. And the local beach is full (not sure amount, but greatly reduced) by 9am on the weekends. Glad I have my place by the lake.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly