• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

May 9, 2020 Southern Chittenden County, Vermont

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The snow in my part of eastern Mass consisted of a few flurries--you could see it flying through the air but no sticking. My yard does not lend itself to turns as it's basically flat, except for a very tiny slope in the back yard, basically the kind a 2 year old on plastic play skis would think was fun. My yard it better for cross country.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Lucky you. We average one outage a month (I've been here 19 years), but only a few times a year of multiple hours requiring the generator set-up. A few of the homes in our subdivision have automatic generators, but - ka-ching. This is a big house, would be mega-bucks. Plus needing an alternate fuel source, which is a dicey proposition out here due to installers' relative unfamiliarity with high pressure fuels and pressure regulators.

Last outage was 28 hours, April 10.

ETA: your pool is already open? Do you use a winter/safety cover in winter? Ours will stay on until at least June 1 at this rate.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Lucky you. We average one outage a month (I've been here 19 years), but only a few times a year of multiple hours requiring the generator set-up. A few of the homes in our subdivision have automatic generators, but - ka-ching. This is a big house, would be mega-bucks. Plus needing an alternate fuel source, which is a dicey proposition out here due to installers' relative unfamiliarity with high pressure fuels and pressure regulators.

Last outage was 28 hours, April 10.

ETA: your pool is already open? Do you use a winter/safety cover in winter? Ours will stay on until at least June 1 at this rate.

If you have solar or are considering it at any time in the future, I really think the Powerwall is worth looking into. We could have bought a regular generator but ultimately for the convenience and peace of mind, it was worth it for us. Our house is heated with a boiler and if the power is off, the heat is off.

We opened the pool a week ago. Basically just took the winter cover off. Dr Pugs thinks it’s better to open relatively early to avoid algae buildup and he was right - the pool was pristine and clear in like 3 days after running the robot vacuum a whole lot. Of course we weren’t counting on snow in May!

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
I took my cover off April 14th and it was ready to swim in April 16th-earliest and easiest opening ever. I'm surely appreciating my heater and the opportunity to exercise here at home more than ever.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Enjoy - your place looks beautiful!

Christy

Angel Diva
Seattle broke heat records this weekend. 87 degrees Sunday. That's hot for us ANY month of the year.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gilly1965