• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

DIVA CATS! (And other pets can play too!)

Tvan

Angel Diva
She seems fully healthy but only loves me so bringing her to the vet for a check up really isn't an option.

Fortunately, my guys are easy for the vet. Neither of them bite, scratch, squirm, etc., tho Decaf has said some pretty nasty things to the vet techs.

Vet visits with our Jack have always been challenging. We just lost our dear Dr. Jenny who we loved and Jack tolerated. She moved and the replacement vet was horrible with Jack at our recent visit. She didn't address him, or ask any questions of me before she threw a towel over him and basically wrestled him to the table to examine him. Jack was so stressed that he was ill for two days afterwards. I had a long talk with the head vet in the practice following our visit. We won't be seeing the new vet again. There was no need for her to have treated him so roughly.

EeveeCanSki

Certified Ski Diva
Yay--I was wondering if there was a Diva Cats thread to compliment the Diva Dogs!! Another crazy cat lady here :smile: (I hope this is ok to bump!)

This is my nearly 17-years-young old man...a Stage III cancer survivor, 3 legs, and full of pee and vinegar. He had a sister who went to the Rainbow Bridge in January, but what a comfort to still have my boy.

target_sm.jpg

LKillick

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not the best picture, but I have a matching pair of rescue kitties.
1969381_10151871660096682_2091809343_n.jpg

I was a sucker when I went to adopt one cat. These two were found at about 10 months of age, both pregnant, living outside in a trailer park, with their mom, also pregnant. The rescue took them in, they both had their kittens at the same time and co-parented them. Both cats nursed all the kittens, the rescue wasn't even sure whose were whose. Sweetest cats. Spayed now, of course! :smile:

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yay--I was wondering if there was a Diva Cats thread to compliment the Diva Dogs!! Another crazy cat lady here :smile: (I hope this is ok to bump!)

This is my nearly 17-years-young old man...a Stage III cancer survivor, 3 legs, and full of pee and vinegar. He had a sister who went to the Rainbow Bridge in January, but what a comfort to still have my boy.

View attachment 8471

Awww! I have a 17-year old boy, too. though I've only had him for two years. I love my sweet old guy!

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jack doesn't get why you all like snow so much. When it slides off the roof it scares the bejeebus out of him and he has to hide in the basement to collect his wits.
View attachment 8736

He bounced back fast, though, and within an hour had resumed screaming at everything in his life that wasn't exactly the way he wanted it to be. His attitude is inspirational. :bounce:

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
At 12 years old my furball is not transiting as happily as she used to. She still does get in the crate by herself when we need to go indoors. But there are other problems that I don’t want to describe at the dinner hour! But now that she’s back in solid ground in Rhode Island she seems more than happy. She is even happy in the tiny Vermont place. This year, after many years of no problems, she is not liking the trips anymore.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna