• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

"Downhill" movie

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The original film, Force Majeure, was one of the most uncomfortable movie sessions I have ever experienced. Curious to see if this is a comedy, or an awkward commentary on marriage, and life.

MissySki

Angel Diva
The original film, Force Majeure, was one of the most uncomfortable movie sessions I have ever experienced. Curious to see if this is a comedy, or an awkward commentary on marriage, and life.

Interesting! I’ve never seen the original. So assuming it’s better to avoid the first rather than watching for comparison sake?!

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Interesting! I’ve never seen the original. So assuming it’s better to avoid the first rather than watching for comparison sake?!
From the little amount that can be gleaned from the trailer, it looks to be an almost verbatim copy of the original. As I am a native Swedish speaker, I enjoyed seeing the original movie in the original language, but subtitles can take away from the experience. One of the actors is even the same one in both films, though it appears his role is different. The restaurant is the same, the bathrooms in the bathroom scene is the same. Here is the swedish trailer:

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

When I saw this trailer, I was unfortunately reminded of my recent ski trip with my own husband. On the second day of Jackson trip (Diva West same week), my mother died. My DH was a real jerk to me for much of the time. Not anything related to the death of my mom, but in general. I am not planning to do another trip with him. He can create his own trip and go alone or find a group of skiers suited to his "mission".

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@badger I am so so sorry about your mom's passing and the struggle with your spouse. A trip you'll remember with less than happy feelings it seems. I hope there will be more good trips with ski partners better suited to your traveling style.

Christy

Angel Diva
Yikes. In sorry to hear that, @badger.

I read a couple reviews of the film. I had assumed it was a comic remake of a very serious movie. But apparently it's just more like…an Americanized remake.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, this movie is getting panned pretty much everywhere. I'm disappointed; it sounded like fun.

@badger, as you know, I was very sorry to hear about your mom during Diva West. Sorry you had difficulty with your husband, too. You know you're always welcome on the Diva trips, so be sure to join us again in the future.

Jenny

Angel Diva
When I saw this trailer, I was unfortunately reminded of my recent ski trip with my own husband. On the second day of Jackson trip (Diva West same week), my mother died. My DH was a real jerk to me for much of the time. Not anything related to the death of my mom, but in general. I am not planning to do another trip with him. He can create his own trip and go alone or find a group of skiers suited to his "mission".
Sorry to hear about your mom. And that your DH was a jerk, especially at a time like that.

mustski

Angel Diva
@badger I am very sorry to hear about your mom. There is something about losing a mother that is uniquely painful. I am also sorry that your DH didn't get what you were going through.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I too am very sorry to hear about your mom, @badger . I am seconding everyone's sentiments on DH.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@badger I am so sorry about your mom. I lost mine last October too... and I’m throwing myself into skiing this winter to try to cope with it all. Hope it brings you the same comfort...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly