• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Warmest ski gloves

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Are any of these mitten friendly poles adjustable? I’d like to buy poles, but they’ve got to adjust to fit into a checked bag.

slyfox4

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love my Black Diamond Spark mitts! Your fingers are separated on the inside which I don't love, but it's not a deal breaker. Full leather but they're tight on your wrists so you can wear them underneath your jacket. I didn't have issues using my old (stolen, not by me!) rental poles and my new Leki Guide Lites.

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Man, I would love a pair of Hestra gloves/mitts. I prefer mitts when it gets below 20. My fingers get too cold. Biggest drawback of mitts though, as mentioned above, is dealing with that darn pole strap. I have mine as wide as it will go. My husband just bought some new Dakine GoreTex insulated gloves that have an zipper on the back of the hand to insert a heat pack.

I prefer mittens. I just bought poles (Kerma) that have stiff, reinforced straps that stay "open". I simply slide my hands right in w/no fuss or muss. I've considered heated mittens, but $300-$400 bucks buys a lot of heater packs. I do find that I have to tuck my thumbs into the main part of the mitten on really cold chair rides, but other than that the heater packs have worked fine for me. Which isn't to say that I'm not still looking for heated bargains. :wink:

teppaz

Angel Diva
I do find that I have to tuck my thumbs into the main part of the mitten on really cold chair rides
I do that too. I wear mittens and wish a company would think of putting extra insulation in the thumb. It's a little thing that would make a big difference.

I also put the heat warmers straight into the mitten (while wearing liners, obviously, not directly next to the skin) rather than in the pocket, which is too far back. Another problem that'd be easy to fix: manufacturers, put the heat pocket over the fingers!

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I also put the heat warmers straight into the mitten (while wearing liners, obviously, not directly next to the skin) rather than in the pocket, which is too far back. Another problem that'd be easy to fix: manufacturers, put the heat pocket over the fingers!

Hi @teppaz , check out Eddie Bauer Lexi mittens https://www.eddiebauer.com/p/71600184/women's-lexi-mitt?sp=1&color=Black . The zipper pocket allows you to push heater packs down to the finger tips (which is what I always do). Other advantages include a big/long enough zipper opening to allow you to poke out a finger to use a phone if need be. The liners have the touch-screen fabric on the index fingertips. They also have sturdy leashes and a goggle wipe on the thumbs.

teppaz

Angel Diva
Hi @teppaz , check out Eddie Bauer Lexi mittens https://www.eddiebauer.com/p/71600184/women's-lexi-mitt?sp=1&color=Black . The zipper pocket allows you to push heater packs down to the finger tips (which is what I always do). Other advantages include a big/long enough zipper opening to allow you to poke out a finger to use a phone if need be. The liners have the touch-screen fabric on the index fingertips. They also have sturdy leashes and a goggle wipe on the thumbs.
Ooh, that pocket placement does look perfect. Thanks for the tip.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I do that too. I wear mittens and wish a company would think of putting extra insulation in the thumb. It's a little thing that would make a big difference.

I sometimes wear liners, but also use heat packs on my skin without a problem quite often.

teppaz

Angel Diva
Interesting. I’d read you’re not meant to wear warmers next to bare skin so I didn’t. My fingers get painfully cold so I almost always use liners anyway. I also often drop a warmer in my pocket to prevent my iPhone from seizing up. (A patroller once told me he kept the warmer and the phone together with a rubber band but I don’t go that far.)

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Just a follow-up.

I bought 2 different pairs of "warmest" gloves on Backcountry and neither was comfortable. One had "no cuff" and one had a huge cuff. Neither worked well with my jackets. Returned them.

I just bought a pair of leather Swany gloves - on sale at Christy's. They seem like they might work for me. We will be headed out to Utah/Colorado soon so I will post my thoughts after using them.

KKL2018

Certified Ski Diva
I have issues with my hands, I have gone though gloves and liners and finally found a pair of gloves and mittens I LOVE by gordin.

Leather, silk lined, the mittens have down.

KKL2018

Certified Ski Diva
I had to look...The mittens are the leather goose III, the gloves are luna II. both by gordini

Soujan

Angel Diva
I've owned many gloves, from Outdoor Research, Dakine, Scott, Gordini down, etc. For years I looked at Hestra and wondered how good can it be since there doesn't seem to be anything special about the insulation. I wanted something warmer than gloves but didn't like the lack of dexterity of mittens. I found the three finger Hestra on Geartrade and bought that. They're amazing. Most days my fingers aren't cold. They did get cold on the chairlift up when it was 0 degrees but nothing is perfect. Just wish I bought one size larger so I could fit my merino liners in on really cold days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly