• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Weather Whine Thread

Catherine88

Certified Ski Diva
Was really looking forward to Monday at Loon and Tuesday at Attitash. Keeping an eye on the weather but am not holding out music hope for Monday. How much time do you think Loon will need to recover? Boilerplate is not fun!

MissySki

Angel Diva
Was really looking forward to Monday at Loon and Tuesday at Attitash. Keeping an eye on the weather but am not holding out music hope for Monday. How much time do you think Loon will need to recover? Boilerplate is not fun!

Right now Saturday’s high in Lincoln is 49 and Sunday is 50, on top of that is the rain. Then the low Sunday night is 18.. They are great at recovering, but I can’t imagine anyone is that good by Monday.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I thought about going out for an hour or two before any crowds might show up. I decided to do stuff around the house instead since I have the building to myself this weekend. Mother Nature certainly is depressing!

Jilly

Staff member
Home too. Got on the wood now uncoverings and stew in the Crock-pot for supper. I'm off to the office after some lunch to try and get caught up and maybe, just maybe ahead of Monday....Tomorrow snow, so I'll stay home and clean....watch football or whatever. Really should work on the baby sweater for a friends new Grandson....since he'll be month old soon....

Tvan

Angel Diva
We skied Mohawk this morning. Conditions were firm slush trending toward mashed potatoes by 10. It was 65 degrees when we got home at 11. Should be absolute boiler plate by this time on Monday.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Today was fabulous at Sunday River!! No rain until tonight and the snow was soft hero snow. There was even sun. Besides the part of this warm up hurting the snow pack, the skiing was so much fun!

Good to know! I Had friends up who collected their daughter at college in ME for two day at SR.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We skied Mohawk this morning. Conditions were firm slush trending toward mashed potatoes by 10. It was 65 degrees when we got home at 11. Should be absolute boiler plate by this time on Monday.

:cry: Similar here, apparently. I skipped today and went for a walk instead. I usually wander onto the Okemo nordic trails.... they were under water. At least it was interesting lookin at the really old stones at the local cemetery. The history of Ludlow is buried there. Fascinating!

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Boilerplate is not fun!
Agreed! Tomorrow afternoon should be day 2 of spring skiing in January and then winter temps come slamming back in. I am going to give Monday's likely bullet proof conditions a whirl at Sunday River since I will still be up here.

Today was very sad for the base levels, but the conditions were great fun especially late morning and on. I don't know about elsewhere, but Sunday River had a serious temperature inversion today and that took some getting used to! Each run had its own conditions, and even a single run was so variable depending on what elevation you were on the trail. Top of the mountain was warm, mid was chilly and base was warm again - you could feel the temp variations while traveling down the run. A first for me!

MissySki

Angel Diva
The inversions were cool, not used to feeling such stark temperature differences so close together during a run or riding up the lift!

Catherine88

Certified Ski Diva
I think I need to sharpen my edges for Tuesday. Going to give Monday a miss, unless I change my mind.

NYSnowflake

Angel Diva
I thought about going out for an hour or two before any crowds might show up. I decided to do stuff around the house instead since I have the building to myself this weekend. Mother Nature certainly is depressing!
Today was amazing at Okemo! Hero snow (if you ask me!) and sunshine all morning!

newboots

Angel Diva
The inversions were cool, not used to feeling such stark temperature differences so close together during a run or riding up the lift!

We were feeling these in our back yard! At least 10-degree differences in spots just a few steps apart. So odd!

Jilly

Staff member
Looks like we missed out on the freezing rain. It rain ed, but That's that is frozen to the trees. So no power outages. Now for 10cm of snow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly