• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What are your goals or what are you most looking forward to for the 2019/2020 ski season?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I don’t personally know this terrain, but it sure sounds like you are making huge strides very quickly in your skiing career! This is awesome!
It's double black ... top part can be treacherous!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I would definitely NOT have been ready for that so early in my skiing. I was a really big wimp when I started though! I didn’t go so many days at first either though, that time on snow is so so valuable. I applaud those who can get it going so early on!
Skull and crossbones at the bottom of the lift with an "Experts Only" sign.
They can get a winch cat up there and have seen a small portion groomed but then it's solid ice... So impressed her second season!!!

kiranbot

Certified Ski Diva
I would definitely NOT have been ready for that so early in my skiing. I was a really big wimp when I started though! I didn’t go so many days at first either though, that time on snow is so so valuable. I applaud those who can get it going so early on!

Yeah, LOTS of days + I started each season with 3 full days of lessons (hooray for early season discounts!) I was really really lucky last year.

kiranbot

Certified Ski Diva
Where do you ski at northstar @kiranbot

I really like lapping all the runs on the backside (except Monument Glade + Sawtooth Ridge, because trees scare me.)
On Lookout Mountain, I'm usually on Prosser or Washoe. Martis is fun when I want to practice on ungroomed snow. I take Stampede when it's been groomed. Everything else there is a little beyond me.
On Mt. Pluto: everything under the Rendezvous chair (Tonnini's! Rendezvous Glade!) and the Comstock Express is fun!
Northstar is such a delight of a mountain at my skill level. :ski:

MissySki

Angel Diva
Yeah, LOTS of days + I started each season with 3 full days of lessons (hooray for early season discounts!) I was really really lucky last year.

This is awesome, I’m so happy when people have such a positive experience and jump right in with so much enthusiasm! It also takes a lot of guts as an adult to start this journey!!!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I really like lapping all the runs on the backside (except Monument Glade + Sawtooth Ridge, because trees scare me.)
On Lookout Mountain, I'm usually on Prosser or Washoe. Martis is fun when I want to practice on ungroomed snow. I take Stampede when it's been groomed. Everything else there is a little beyond me.
On Mt. Pluto: everything under the Rendezvous chair (Tonnini's! Rendezvous Glade!) and the Comstock Express is fun!
Northstar is such a delight of a mountain at my skill level. :ski:
Sawtooth ridge is hike to and rarely opens! Caught that plus white rabbit last season. Monument glades super fun when you're ready for trees! See you ski all blacks! Good for you! SEe you up there!

Refinnej

Diva in Training
Hmmm....
Goals:
1. Realize that maybe, just maybe, I'm the one aiming for the trees, the trees ARE NOT aiming for me. My deepest apologies to spruces everywhere.
2. Explain to my butt that sitting waaaaaay back there is not useful. Noone is going to slide up and offer you a chair mid-mountain so give the thighs a break.
3. You know in science fiction movies when the robots have data in front of their eyes that tell them how to adjust their aim or whatever? I would like to develop that with varying ski conditions this season - just knowing how to adjust for dust on crust, ice, etc.

Looking forward to:

1. Women's Wednesday's at Snowbird!!!!! Sold the idea to my boss as an "employee mental health wellness program" so that six half vacation days didn't seem so odd. :D
2. Sweet, sweet powder.
3. More backcountry exploring.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Hmmm....
Goals:
1. Realize that maybe, just maybe, I'm the one aiming for the trees, the trees ARE NOT aiming for me. My deepest apologies to spruces everywhere.
2. Explain to my butt that sitting waaaaaay back there is not useful. Noone is going to slide up and offer you a chair mid-mountain so give the thighs a break.
3. You know in science fiction movies when the robots have data in front of their eyes that tell them how to adjust their aim or whatever? I would like to develop that with varying ski conditions this season - just knowing how to adjust for dust on crust, ice, etc.

Looking forward to:

1. Women's Wednesday's at Snowbird!!!!! Sold the idea to my boss as an "employee mental health wellness program" so that six half vacation days didn't seem so odd. :D
2. Sweet, sweet powder.
3. More backcountry exploring.

Love the mental health wellness days idea, that’s great and oh so true!

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
goals:

Since my work week is now two days and my weekend is five, find a small apartment near Whiteface and ski much more than I ever have before.
Maintain the 18 lb. weight loss, and get back to regular exercise before I strap on skis.
Work on being less timid on steeps...that's the really big goal!

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Goals:

1. Not get hurt pre-season training (already failed...ooops...twisted ankle 2 times in 24 hrs., weighted jumping lunges between bosu balls not so wise when totally out of shape)

2. Complete the level 200 USSA race coach certification before start of season (should know this week)

3. Keep adding fun, appreciative, kind students to my roster (so lucky to ski with people that make me love my job)

4. Keep having fun, while improving my skiing, especially some more race training even though I have never raced and probably never will.

5. Respect the mountains and the climate that allows me to keep skiing by making good green choices of minimal consumption and travel.

Pixie Perfect

Certified Ski Diva
I just got my first pair of skis this summer so I look forward to skiing with them all season!

I’m hoping to get more confident on steeper blues and better at pole plants.
I accomplished this on my first day this season thanks to an awesome instructor! Now that I have tackled my first mogul run and black run, I think I will adjust my goal:

I want to continue to be open to trying more challenging terrain.

sk8ski

Certified Ski Diva
My goals are very modest:
* Ski more than my so far usual 2-3x/season
* Get at least something committed to muscle memory instead of always being thought through (the above should help)
* Get to the place where I'm not intimidated by steeper blues (every instructor I've worked with says I should be able to comfortably ski any blue run)

I'm melow, not seeking big thrills...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly