• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Time to upgrade my K2 Amp Strike beginner skis

NYSnowflake

Angel Diva
I did comparisons, and days of research, read a million reviews and walked into my local ski shop and got myself a pair of Head Total Joy 153s. @NYSnowflake, thank you so much for your detailed review. Your thorough review and enthusiasm helped me with my decision immensely.
Holy smokes! What a difference from those Elans!!!
They are easy to stay balanced, responsive to both sharp and long turns, easy to go fast and easy to stop, even on ice and crud. I love them!.
Congratulations! I am so happy my review helped and you love the Total Joys! Did you get the 2018/19 model or the 2019/20s?

BenchToMountain

Diva in Training
@NYSnowflake I know this is a super old thread but it was so helpful to me! I went to get a season rental this year and they gave me a pair of the K2 Amp Strikes 146cm. I've been skiing very low key for 18 years now and this is the first year I'm actually able to go more than a couple times and investing in improving. Still, I didn't feel like these skis were cutting it. I ski in similar areas/conditions as you so this thread was a trove of information and ideas on what to look for.

I traded them and got a pair Rossi Nova 156cm. They're not perfect for me either but at this point, I will probably keep them and focus on trying to do some demo days. Anyway, thanks for starting the thread that led me to this site!

newboots

Angel Diva
Hey, @BenchToMountain ! Glad to have you here! Where do you like to ski? Also (brief ski advice), try to think about what you like about the Rossi skis and what you don't like. It will be easier to tell when you can demo - try a few of different types.

Anyhow -

:welcome:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly