• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

For married or engaged divas, do you wear your rings when you’re skiing or riding?

slyfox4

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The make up thread got me thinking about this topic. I am semi newly engaged myself (June, yay!), but I’ve been wearing my engagement ring to the mountain this winter. It’s already a little big on me, so I wear one of those spiralizer sizers with it. I’m not too concerned about it falling off...mostly because I obsessively check for it while I’m wearing it.

What do you guys do?

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sometimes, but if I do, it's most likely b/c I forgot they're on. I usually either just wear my wedding band b/c it's a simple band or nothing.

ETA: Also, congrats!!

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congrats @slyfox4 Never surf with my wedding ring. hmmm maybe thats why I get a lot of conversation in the line up. :wink: Don't wear "engagement ring" unless going "out"
DH lost his platinum wedding band when he went off trail b/c flat tire on dirt bike many years ago and was pissed and ripped his glove (and ring) off and never found ring. He bought cheap white gold band, I have matching - we wear when traveling and usually skiing. If you are very active, cheap band is easy for sports, save the engagement ring for social occasions.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I’m also engaged and wear my ring skiing. I don’t wear it to the gym because I worry about picking up weights etc. with it on and damaging it. So I have this bracelet with a zipper pocket to store it at those times because I usually workout midday from work, and therefore have my ring on to start and won’t leave it in a locker. I did recently also pick up a silicone ring for an alternative depending on activity, it’s from Enso and super comfy.

HikenSki

Angel Diva
If I remember, I will throw on a silicon ring so I don't have to worry about it. I do the same thing when I go backpacking. My husband "lost" his a few years back. We got back to the condo after a day of skiing and he looks down at his hand and the ring is gone. We think it may have come off in a glove, so he checks them. Nope. We give up thinking it must have come off out on the slopes. It must have been weeks later on another trip when he found it in the very bottom of the boot bag, in a corner. So it had come off in the glove, but when the glove was put into the bag, it slipped out. We were so relieved. It's just a titanium/carbon fiber band, nothing crazy expensive, but still. Now he is cognizant about making sure it doesn't come off when removing his gloves/mitts. He really should get the next size down...

SarahXC

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
After the stress of “losing” mine for several months then luckily finding it zipped in a pocket of my gym bag mine now stays at home safe and sound when I am out on active pursuits.... which seems like everyday. Actually... when I do wear a ring these days my husband asks if it’s date night :rotf:

elemmac

Angel Diva
I don't wear mine skiing. I've heard too many stories of people losing them when pulling off their gloves. My fingers are definitely smaller when they're cold, so it's the perfect recipe to lose a ring. On the flip side, my fingers swell when it's really hot and and I'm doing anything active, so I don't wear it mountain biking, or anything like that in the summer. I think part of it stems from never wearing rings when I was younger. I played many team sports that required you to take off all jewelry, so I always find it more comfortable to not have anything on my hands.

I've definitely thought about getting one of the silicon rings, just haven't yet.

I'll throw out a bit of advice if you decide to not wear it during certain activities. Develop a method that works for you when you take it off. ALWAYS put it in that same spot. If I'm home, it goes on my dresser. If I'm on the road, I have a small carabiner on my keys that it gets clipped to. Figure out what works for you (the same pocket in a purse, or wallet might work for some people).

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Neither my husband or I ever wear our rings. I didn't even really want one, but he insisted. It lives on my dresser and occasionally if we have a date I remember to put it on. I'm not a romantic, in case you couldn't tell. I do know lots of people that have those silicone rings and like them, I think if my husband was interested in wearing one I would wear one but since neither of us really is bothered by a lack of ring, I haven't gotten one yet.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I don’t sleep in my rings and don’t wear them to my fitness class due to swelling. I have worn an alternative ring in the past for skiing, hiking and other outdoor pursuits as well as traveling in case of loss. My engagement and wedding rings are soldered together (they are shaped to one another) so I cannot just wear my band.

I have never considered silicon rings - I may look into that!

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No I don’t wear my wedding/engagement rings. I did for the first few years but I always worry that I will lose them. I golf alot and it is not possible to wear any rings under my golf gloves. I sometimes wear them on a necklace.

Christy

Angel Diva
I have a wedding band that doesn't get in the way of anything so it never comes off. This is one of the reasons I didn't want/get an engagement ring--they really seem to get in the way of sports, gardening, etc. , at least the solitaires do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly