• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Favorite Narrow-Waisted Skis (below 80 mm)

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I took out my pair of 74 waisted Head Supershape Rally's today and holy smoke! I'd forgotten how much fun it is to ski on narrow waisted skis. I've become so accustomed to skiing on a wider waist that I'd kind of forgotten how easy they are to turn and get on edge.

So I was wondering: for those of you who ski on narrow-waisted skis, what skis do you you like and why?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I took out my pair of 74 waisted Head Supershape Rally's today and holy smoke! I'd forgotten how much fun it is to ski on narrow waisted skis. I've become so accustomed to skiing on a wider waist that I'd kind of forgotten how easy they are to turn and get on edge.

So I was wondering: for those of you who ski on narrow-waisted skis, what skis do you you like and why?
I have zero knowledge of narrow skis but am curious what kind of conditions you were skiing? I'm assuming you are referring to narrow skis for eastern conditions, right?

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm taking my Atomic Cloud 11's out today 71 under foot. While I love my Z-90's I can't wait to ski the atomics on the frozen granular.

I still am in love with the 2020 Liberty 76W's and the Blizzard Allights both very nice front side under 80 skis

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I actually have two pair under 80 under foot: the Renoun Z-77 (77 underfoot, of course), which is oh-my-god-so-much-fun, and the aforementioned Head Supershape Rally's, which a friend gave me and are a heck of a lot of fun, too.

@nopoleskier, I actually like the Z-77's better than the Z-90's. And I really want to try those Liberty's.

Jilly

Staff member
I love my Rossi Hero ST. 68mm underfoot. I also have the MT version, but not loving those. I've demo'd lots in this category as these are skis I love. Atomic Cloud 11, Epic Joy, Blizzard Allights.

When we get enough snow, my new Nordica SLC's will get a chance to play.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My preference for narrow skis coincides with my favorite terrain. I truly love a long wide groomer that winds it way down the mountain offering rollers and stunning views. And of course, I enjoy speed.
So for this I have Renoun Z-77 and the Kicker Fillibuster @ 73.
This class of skis are like sports cars; meant to be driven with abandon , joy, and hungry for turns.
So easy to get on edge and stay there, and then release you into the next curve with little effort.
They tend to be fast. The Z-77 is quite fast. It's at the top of my length requirement so that could be part of why it's so stable at speed.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Last edited:

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My knees appreciated the Cloud 11's today vs the Z90's, was lots of fun ripping on the 11's

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For people who are small enough to pull them off, I'm a big fan of junior race skis. Granted, I purposely bought mine specifically for race clinic, but my Head SL skis are a lot of fun. I skied them for most of last season rather than my Yumis. Only downside is you can't demo race skis, although I didn't notice a big difference in how the skis felt/skied between my old Fischer GS and my current Head SL, other than the SL skis are turnier.

I haven't demoed any women's carving skis in forever, but I did really love the Volkl Charisma back in the day when I tried them.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I've been quite happy with the Head Absolut Joy, 78 underfoot. I use them mostly in the mid-Atlantic and northeast, probably 80-90% on groomers. Only wander into trees or on bump terrain in the northeast when there is pretty close to idea snow conditions. That doesn't hasn't happened too often since my trips were planned well in advance. I went with a shorter length to make carving that much easier. In particular working on fundamentals that would lead to ingraining better carving movements.

marzNC

Angel Diva
If I lived in the northeast, I'd be very tempted to seriously consider the Stöckli Laser SC, 72 underfoot, turn radius around 12 at the length that works for me (lengths 149, 156, 163, 170). My Massanutten coach has had them for years. Have seen quite a few Laser SC at Taos. Demo'd them once in the MidA. They were quite fun.

Mary Tee

Angel Diva

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly