• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ongoing issues with cat tracks/mentally recovering from scary falls?

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've had my boots re-heat molded and the cuff alignment checked since this happened (the heat mold relating to other issues, but I later asked if my fitter could specifically check the cuff alignment). I don't know how the alignment was when the accident happened as apparently the heat mold can change it too, but it's definitely all good now! I feel a bit more confident skiing at low speeds on the flats of my skis now! Still won't be returning to that cat track for a while though, the skis still like to wobble side to side a little which I suppose is just inherent to sidecut skis :P

Skisailor

Angel Diva
I've had my boots re-heat molded and the cuff alignment checked since this happened (the heat mold relating to other issues, but I later asked if my fitter could specifically check the cuff alignment). I don't know how the alignment was when the accident happened as apparently the heat mold can change it too, but it's definitely all good now! I feel a bit more confident skiing at low speeds on the flats of my skis now! Still won't be returning to that cat track for a while though, the skis still like to wobble side to side a little which I suppose is just inherent to sidecut skis :P

I’m so glad you are seeing an improvement!! I hope you will keep working on it. Skis should not inherently wobble from side to side no matter how much side cut they have.

Cuff alignment is only one aspect of getting aligned on your skis (and usually not the most important). And heat molding is fantastic for getting a snug fit (and giving you better control over your skis) but it is not corrective for fixing anatomical issues that can affect our alignment.

When you get it right you will have so much more confidence in your ability to make the skis do what you want on cat tracks and all over the mountain.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When you get it right you will have so much more confidence in your ability to make the skis do what you want on cat tracks and all over the mountain.

Unless you’re me, and still afraid of heights! Any narrow track with a drop off onto something steep gives me great pause, if not anxiety! Of course I am also the person who races sailboats and gets seasick! So there is probably just something wrong with my brain for choosing these things!

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m so glad you are seeing an improvement!! I hope you will keep working on it. Skis should not inherently wobble from side to side no matter how much side cut they have.

Cuff alignment is only one aspect of getting aligned on your skis (and usually not the most important). And heat molding is fantastic for getting a snug fit (and giving you better control over your skis) but it is not corrective for fixing anatomical issues that can affect our alignment.

Oh I see! I also have custom footbeds so hopefully the alignment is pretty okay now, I don't know what else I should be looking at but I guess I will keep working on it. Even across the most shallow of traverses I prefer to do big turns so that my skis are never completely flat haha.

Unless you’re me, and still afraid of heights! Any narrow track with a drop off onto something steep gives me great pause, if not anxiety! Of course I am also the person who races sailboats and gets seasick! So there is probably just something wrong with my brain for choosing these things!

Me too :bounce: it's awful that skiing is full of heights - the drive up the narrow, twisty, unsealed, mostly un-barriered ski field access road always makes me nervous (in fact I'm too scared to drive it myself and catch a lot of rides!) and I also don't like chairlifts that go too high off the ground! Or chairlifts in strong winds! I love skiing, as long as I'm secured firmly to the ground ;)

Skisailor

Angel Diva
Oh I see! I also have custom footbeds so hopefully the alignment is pretty okay now, I don't know what else I should be looking at but I guess I will keep working on it. Even across the most shallow of traverses I prefer to do big turns so that my skis are never completely flat haha.

Me too :bounce: it's awful that skiing is full of heights - the drive up the narrow, twisty, unsealed, mostly un-barriered ski field access road always makes me nervous (in fact I'm too scared to drive it myself and catch a lot of rides!) and I also don't like chairlifts that go too high off the ground! Or chairlifts in strong winds! I love skiing, as long as I'm secured firmly to the ground ;)

Oh yes. The footbeds! I forgot you talked about this. Yes. Customer footbeds can be a key for correcting your alignment. Did they have you bend and unbend your knees and use a plumb bob to check whether your knees track straight when you flex? Or use some other measuring device to check this? If your skis keep wobbling you may need some tweaking to your footbeds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly