• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Taos Ski Week in 2020, what week fits in your schedule better?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
For those interested in Taos next winter who haven't already bought an Ikon pass, keep in mind that Ikon goes off sale in mid-Dec. Full Ikon includes 7 days and Ikon Base covers 5 days.

TSV is also on the Mountain Collective Pass (MCP). Get 2 days covered and 50% off additional days. That's what I've used since I was also going to other MCP destination resorts. Should be back on sale for under $500 by mid-August. Not much of a discount if only using 6-7 days at TSV. But if can get to another MCP location for 2-3 days, easy to do better than breakeven.

The last couple seasons, getskitickets was offering discounted TSV tickets for adults and seniors. But not until Nov or even early Dec. It's possible to get on their e-list to be notified for a specific location.

Liftopia hasn't had TSV tickets.
Also I think someone mentioned Costco has/had discounted TSV tickets. I got a great deal in 2018 with getskitickets.com so hoping will again as only have Epic Tahoe Local pass.......

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Can this purchase from Costco be made online? Link? Yes, I'm a member.
I don’t remember seeing it online last year. Only at the warehouse. If you are coming here and will have a rental car, there is a Costco nearby. It is on the way and right off the freeway. I can also help make the purchase.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Thanks, @Susan L.
I wonder if I can buy these tickets here in Boston without waiting till the last minute.
I'll try googling Costco.
My experience with tickets at Costco for Snowshoe is that they were only available at local stores for a limited time. Meaning Dec-Jan.

Perhaps @diymom can remember what Boston Costco stores did for New England ski areas last season.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Also: The Ikon Pass comes with 10 Friends and Family tickets and the Ikon Base Pass comes with 8 Friends and Family tickets (with holiday restrictions) for 25% off the 1-day window rate at all Ikon Pass destinations. Friends and Family tickets may not be used by the pass holder for additional days on an Ikon Pass or Ikon Base Pass. Not applicable for the child Pass or 4 & Under Pass. Pass holder must be present at time of purchase....

marzNC

Angel Diva
Also: The Ikon Pass comes with 10 Friends and Family tickets and the Ikon Base Pass comes with 8 Friends and Family tickets (with holiday restrictions) for 25% off the 1-day window rate at all Ikon Pass destinations. Friends and Family tickets may not be used by the pass holder for additional days on an Ikon Pass or Ikon Base Pass. Not applicable for the child Pass or 4 & Under Pass. Pass holder must be present at time of purchase....
Do you think that's 10 for the entire season across all locations?

marzNC

Angel Diva
It's taken a little back and forth via email, but @santacruz skier found out that the 2019 Women's Ski Week will be Feb. 2-7. That's a week earlier than the last few years. Makes some sense because that week doesn't overlap with people traveling during Pres. Day Weekend.

Taos ski school is technically called the Ernie Blake Snowsports School. It closes for the summer but there is one person who checks email every so often. More people will be working at ski school during regular business hours come September.

It's possible for a snowboarder to do a lesson Week. In fact, for the Women's Week in 2018 the lone snowboarder had solo lessons all week. She was an advanced beginner who was with a ski club so that was quite a deal.

marzNC

Angel Diva
It's taken a little back and forth via email, but @santacruz skier found out that the 2019 Women's Ski Week will be Feb. 2-7. That's a week earlier than the last few years. Makes some sense because that week doesn't overlap with people traveling during Pres. Day Weekend.
Oops, meant Women's Ski Week Feb. 2-7, 2020. :redface:

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was just looking up the TSV shuttle times (again) and saw that there is another shuttle service, Taos Rides LLC. Has anyone used that one before? It has slightly later times leaving from ABQ. It looks like it is primarily between ABQ, Santa Fe, and Taos town, but you could take it all the way to TSV. Pricing between ABQ and Taos is similar to the TSV shuttle, around $70 each way, but it looks like to get from Taos to TSV is an additional $75. So maybe best to take it just to Taos and then take the free local bus the rest of the way to TSV.

The TSV shuttle leaves ABQ at 12:30 pm and 3:30 pm, and going back leaves TSV at 7 am and 11 am.
The Taos Rides leaves ABQ at 2 pm and 5 pm, and going back leaves Taos town at 10 am and 1 pm.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The prices for Taos Ski Weeks are on the website for 2019-20. Regular Ski Weeks went up a bit to $300. Same price for Women's Ski Week that's the first week of Feb. The Race Week is a little higher. Also offer a Beginner's Ski Week package that includes lift tickets and rental gear.

Power Weekends are back for $300.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I was just looking up the TSV shuttle times (again) and saw that there is another shuttle service, Taos Rides LLC. Has anyone used that one before? It has slightly later times leaving from ABQ. It looks like it is primarily between ABQ, Santa Fe, and Taos town, but you could take it all the way to TSV. Pricing between ABQ and Taos is similar to the TSV shuttle, around $70 each way, but it looks like to get from Taos to TSV is an additional $75. So maybe best to take it just to Taos and then take the free local bus the rest of the way to TSV.

The TSV shuttle leaves ABQ at 12:30 pm and 3:30 pm, and going back leaves TSV at 7 am and 11 am.
The Taos Rides leaves ABQ at 2 pm and 5 pm, and going back leaves Taos town at 10 am and 1 pm.
When I looked at Taos Rides, I decided it might not operate during the winter.

Prices for the TSV Airport Shuttle between TSV and ABQ are $85 / $160 (one way / round trip) and between TSV and Santa Fe are $65/ $120. I think it's $5 less for drop off/pick up in the town of Taos.

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 1.36.19 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
The blurb for the Women's Ski Week for 2020 has been updated with the correct start date. It will be Feb. 2-7, as Divas already found out via email.

The special talk is on Sun afternoon. That's different from what happened in 2018 and is a better idea. Also noticed that Women's Ski Week is supposed to meet at Whistlestop at 9:30am, which is where all the other Ski Week groups start. The time for the other Ski Weeks is listed as 9:45. Another difference is that Women's Ski Week explicitly includes Video Analysis. Video is done by some Ski Week groups, but it's very dependent on weather and probably also on how many groups exist for a given week, as well as whether or not a group is interested in taking the time to do video.

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 11.16.44 AM.png

Bookworm

Angel Diva
Great! I've called twice and not gotten anyone on the phone yet. Interested in the demos. I'll keep checking.

MissySki

Angel Diva
An aside, but do you think they purposely start ladies week on Super Bowl Sunday? Lol The mountains here are usually great skiing that day since they tend to be less crowded with many people going to parties etc.

marzNC

Angel Diva
An aside, but do you think they purposely start ladies week on Super Bowl Sunday? Lol The mountains here are usually great skiing that day since they tend to be less crowded with many people going to parties etc.
Hard to say. The last couple years Women's Week was the second week of Feb, which ran into the Pres. Day holiday weekend. My Women's Week group in 2018 included two women from the midwest who had been doing it for years, staying at the St. B. with their husbands. Husbands were doing an expert Ski Week with the same favorite instructor (who retired in 2018). I wonder what they think of the date change. Switching weeks at the St. B. is not easy because there are so many guests who return for years for an annual trip that's planned well in advance.

Funny story . . . in 2017 we went out to dinner in Taos on Super Bowl Sunday. My crew couldn't care less about football. The first restaurant we tried was closed. It's a more upscale place, don't think there are any TVs in it. The wine shop next door was open. He said the restaurant owner closed just for that day, most likely so they could enjoy a Super Bowl party somewhere. He pointed us to Common Fire, which had recently opened and was very close. That's turned out to be a favorite place to eat.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For anyone still on the fence about which week to go, if it helps sway you any I still have a bed up for grabs for the week of Feb 2-7. I have a "studio loft" booked in at the Alpine Inn from Feb 1-8. It has 2 twin beds up in the loft, and a queen size Murphy bed in the main living area. It is slope side, and has a kitchenette, and the inn has a hot tub. So far I have 1 roomie lined up-- @liquidfeet , but there is room for one more if anyone is interested.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly