• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Taos Ski Week in 2020, what week fits in your schedule better?

marzNC

Angel Diva
A reminder that this thread about Taos Ski Weeks is mostly to narrow down which week(s) will work for 2+ Divas in Jan-Mar 2020. Once there is a week, or two or three, that is of serious interest, we can have Meet On The Hill (MOTH) thread(s) for discussing details related to sharing lodging and/or rental cars for a particular week. Of course, always possible to reach out via PM for travel planning.

Regular Ski Weeks run from mid-Dec thru March. No reservations required. Race Week is in January. The Women's Ski Week is usually the second week of February but we are waiting for confirmation. Snowboarders can do a lesson week as well.

The first week of Feb seems to have the most interest. The last week of Jan works well for a few Divas. A few Divas may be interested in the Women's Ski Week, which includes perks such as free demo skis for 5 days.

Post #1 has links to a couple trip reports from Jan-Feb 2019. Here are TRs from 2018.

by @alison wong, first Ski Week, first time at Taos Ski Valley
Taos ski week 1/14/18 - 1/19/18: Intermediate's Trip Report -

by MarzNC, first Ski Week, second trip to TSV, Women's Ski Week
TR Taos Feb. 10-16, 2018

Last edited:

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is true for me, contingent on mgmt. approval of vacation time: The first week of Feb seems to have the most interest. The last week of Jan works well for a few Divas. I already have a ski vacation planned for later in February, and cannot do back-to-back vacations. I'm interested in sharing lodging to keeps costs down.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I found out that the Austing Haus, which is next to the Columbine Inn, will be open for dinner 5 nights a week next winter. They just re-opened last season after a major renovation by new owners. Columbine Inn, Austing Haus, and Cottam Lodge are about 2 miles from the TSV base.

Last season I learned that Austing Haus was re-opening their dining room from my Jan 2019 instructor. I organized a special buffet dinner for Divas and other friends during my Feb week. It was perfect timing because they had just hired a full-time chef. The food was great and we had a very good time.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I found out that the Austing Haus, which is next to the Columbine Inn, will be open for dinner 5 nights a week next winter. They just re-opened last season after a major renovation by new owners. Columbine Inn, Austing Haus, and Cottam Lodge are about 2 miles from the TSV base.

Last season I learned that Austing Haus was re-opening their dining room from my Jan 2019 instructor. I organized a special buffet dinner for Divas and other friends during my Feb week. It was perfect timing because they had just hired a full-time chef. The food was great and we had a very good time.

I hope Tom stayed as cook.. being able to walk next door from Columbine rather than drive down the hill every night is appealing!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Helps with dinner options if you don't rent a car.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I hope Tom stayed as cook.. being able to walk next door from Columbine rather than drive down the hill every night is appealing!
Definitely happy that there will be a dinner option without having to drive from the Columbine.

This time I think I'll pick up a few things in a grocery store before getting to TSV that can be part of an easy microwave dinner at the Columbine. The little grocery at TSV is a bit too limited. Since all the rooms have a small frig and microwave, can also eat leftovers once or twice.

I heard that getting take out from the Hondo restaurant is pretty good. I had lunch there a couple times last winter and the food was good.

The advantage of doing multiple trips to the same place is that you learn how to get around, where to eat, etc. Making the travel planning and logistics a lot easier.

alison wong

Angel Diva
For those who are interested in Columbine Inn, this is what they offer for early booking:

"We can offer the 20% discount from last year’s rates (18/19 season) that we gave you if you and your members book by August 31st. Otherwise, the rate for 6 or more nights will be:

Sunday – Thursday: $127.20 – Single or Double Occupancy for a 2 Queen first floor (20% discount for 19/20 season)
Friday & Saturday: $143.20 – Single or Double Occupancy for a 2 Queen first floor (20% discount for 19/20 season)

The rate for a loft room and king suite will be a bit more. Please email me if you have any additional questions."

Columbine Inn email : [email protected]

marzNC

Angel Diva
Would anyone like a roommate?
A couple of MOTH (Meet On The Hill) threads in the Divas only section have been started up this weekend. Probably the better place to discuss sharing lodging or car rental. Just pick the week that works best for you.

For Divas who are relatively new or have been lurking for a while but not posting, you need 25 posts to see MOTH and other Divas Only threads. Easiest way to get started with posting is to create a Getting To Know You thread for a self-introduction. If you include your location (country, region, state and/or city), then it will be that much easier for other Divas near you to say hello at some point. Pre-season will be here soon enough. Usually more people start thinking about the N. American and European ski season by Sept or Oct.

Hope to meet a few new Divas at Taos in 2020!

marzNC

Angel Diva
There are at least four Divas who will be doing the Ski Week Feb. 2-7. That's when I'll be there with my friends who went in Feb last season. My ski buddy, Bill (lives in Albuquerque) will be there. Also another bachelor friend from my home hill (Massanutten) who some Divas have met at Alta.

https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/taos-ski-week-feb-1-7-2020.24011

For anyone who wants to go in late Jan, you'll have a great time then too.

https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/taos-ski-week-1-25-20-1-31-20.24010/

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
Ojo Caliente Hot springs - consider visiting this place before heading back ABQ or SF. Very relaxing and soothing after ski week. Even better if you can have an overnight stay there.
Please tell me more. Is this like a giant natural hot tub? Is this doable mid-week? I plan on resting on Wednesday and do something off-mountain. Or if it’s something I can do in a few hours, perhaps on my way back to Albuquerque on Friday.

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Please tell me more. Is this like a giant natural hot tub? Is this doable mid-week? I plan on resting on Wednesday and do something off-mountain. Or if it’s something I can do in a few hours, perhaps on my way back to Albuquerque on Friday.
There are 8 mineral pools of various temperatures. All outdoor, one enclosed. 50% off admission with any ski pass. I always go mid-week because it is less crowded. It is a 45-min drive from Taos that you can do mid-week. I usually go in the morning and just chill until lunch before heading back to Taos. Or you can swing by on the way back to ABQ. But make sure you give yourself enough time to relax and enjoy.
www.ojospa.com

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
There are 8 mineral pools of various temperatures. All outdoor, one enclosed. 50% off admission with any ski pass. I always go mid-week because it is less crowded. It is a 45-min drive from Taos that you can do mid-week. I usually go in the morning and just chill until lunch before heading back to Taos. Or you can swing by on the way back to ABQ. But make sure you give yourself enough time to relax and enjoy.
www.ojospa.com
Any experience with any of the spa treatments?

Bookworm

Angel Diva
I have my tickets already, since I’m using AA miles. I’m arriving late Saturday morning, Feb 1 into SF. I have a rental car reserved just in case, but I’m staying at The Columbine so I’m not sure I’ll need it for a week. I’d be happy to split it with somebody, though. It’s around $250 for 7 days. I’m flying out of SF on late Saturday afternoon the 8th. I’m happy eating obj sandwiches for dinner every night since I’m sure I’ll be too bonked out to care about food!

marzNC

Angel Diva
I have my tickets already, since I’m using AA miles. I’m arriving late Saturday morning, Feb 1 into SF. I have a rental car reserved just in case, but I’m staying at The Columbine so I’m not sure I’ll need it for a week. I’d be happy to split it with somebody, though. It’s around $250 for 7 days. I’m flying out of SF on late Saturday afternoon the 8th. I’m happy eating obj sandwiches for dinner every night since I’m sure I’ll be too bonked out to care about food!
Glad you posted! I know it's pretty early to be thinking about ski trips.

I think talk about sharing a rental car might be better in the MOTH thread for that specific week. :smile:

https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/taos-ski-week-feb-1-7-2020.24011/

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Any experience with any of the spa treatments?
I tried a massage once and felt it was just ok for the price. One other time I did a combo service (scrub+mud wrap+foot massage) and that was relaxing. If you plan to soak and get service, budget a day there so you can soak it all in. Staying the night may be a good idea.

marzNC

Angel Diva
For those interested in Taos next winter who haven't already bought an Ikon pass, keep in mind that Ikon goes off sale in mid-Dec. Full Ikon includes 7 days and Ikon Base covers 5 days.

TSV is also on the Mountain Collective Pass (MCP). Get 2 days covered and 50% off additional days. That's what I've used since I was also going to other MCP destination resorts. Should be back on sale for under $500 by mid-August. Not much of a discount if only using 6-7 days at TSV. But if can get to another MCP location for 2-3 days, easy to do better than breakeven.

The last couple seasons, getskitickets was offering discounted TSV tickets for adults and seniors. But not until Nov or even early Dec. It's possible to get on their e-list to be notified for a specific location.

Liftopia hasn't had TSV tickets.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna