• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tragedy at Mammoth Mountain

mustski

Angel Diva
I guess I got off lucky with a tweaked new. Spring conditions can be very hazardous. I heard yesterday was rock hard until about 9:30.02214075-765D-4FD7-965B-34663EAF2668.jpeg

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
What a tragedy.... and only 25 yrs old. Very sad.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Very, very sad. I'm not familiar with Wipeout Chutes. Is it as bad as it sounds?

mustski

Angel Diva
It’s a tight drop in and straight down between a rocky choke point. It’s only a few turns and then you are through but, at this time of year, iit’s a no fall zone. Low snow levels means it’s very rocky.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is sad.

Note, though, from this report it's unclear whether the the cardiac arrest caused the fall, or whether the fall and subsequent trauma caused the cardiac arrest. An acquaintance died after going into cardiac arrest during lunch at a lodge 8 years ago.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
This is sad.

Note, though, from this report it's unclear whether the the cardiac arrest caused the fall, or whether the fall and subsequent trauma caused the cardiac arrest. An acquaintance died after going into cardiac arrest during lunch at a lodge 8 years ago.
Wondering the same thing. But geez only 25 yo.

mustski

Angel Diva
Had a student who went into cardia arrest when he was 11. It's extremely rare but a heart defect is just that - a defect. I don't think the authorities have determined the cause and effect of the Mammoth accident.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly