• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mikaela Shiffrin shares the secrets of her success

mustski

Angel Diva
It sounds like she has a little occasionally, which is reassuring, but yeah I can't fathom anymore waking up without coffee. That sounds so hard and sad.
Not a single one of DS’s friends drink coffee. I don’t know how they managed to survive finals and graduate! Gavin does drink coffee daily, but in the late afternoon to get a second wind.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Not a single one of DS’s friends drink coffee. I don’t know how they managed to survive finals and graduate! Gavin does drink coffee daily, but in the late afternoon to get a second wind.

I don't drink coffee at all -- just never liked the taste -- though I do drink tea, which has some caffeine.

And as for her saying that she get lots of sleep, well, I'm a chronic insomniac. If I get six hours, it's a really good night.

Whatever she's doing, though, seems to work for her. That's for sure.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I don't drink coffee at all -- just never liked the taste -- though I do drink tea, which has some caffeine.
Same here. Don't even like coffee ice cream. Eventually discovered that I'm very sensitive to caffeine in soda. Only drink caffeinated soda when I need to stay awake for long drives (over 500 miles), and I do that well before 2pm or else I can't get to sleep at bedtime. Oddly enough, tea doesn't make a difference.

Started using blue blocker lenses some evenings when I'm on the computer for a while. Does seem to make it a big easier to fall asleep. Although in general that's not an issue for me most of the time.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I quit caffeine 10+ years ago except whatever’s in chocolate and decaffeinated tea and coffee occasionally. I don’t miss it at all so that part of her lifestyle doesn’t seem hard to me, but I never developed a caffeine dependence either. I’ve been given a fully caffeinated coffee a couple of times over the years when my order got messed up and it’s really easy to pick up on as it makes my heart race and I feel really ill for hours afterward.

racetiger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I only drink a couple cups of coffee. Anymore than that I get the shakes.if I eat a salty meal like several slices of pizza my heart races from all the sodium.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly