• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mr. Ski Diva has a new book coming out!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Some of you may know that my husband is a writer. His first book, FINN, was named one of 2010's best novels by The Washington Post, The Christian Science Monitor, and The Chicago Tribune. It was also an American Library Association Book of the Year. Since then, he's published two other novels: KINGS OF THE EARTH (an Oprah summer reading pick in 2011) and THE THIEF OF AUSCHWITZ.

Now there's a new book coming on October 8: MARLEY. We just got an image for the cover, and I think it's pretty cool. The book is already up on Amazon for pre-order.

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 7.46.14 AM.png

Here's the description:

From the acclaimed author of the “marvel of a novel” (Entertainment Weekly) Finn comes a masterful reimagining of Charles Dickens’s classic A Christmas Carol with this darkly entertaining and moving exploration of the twisted relationship between Ebenezer Scrooge and Jacob Marley.

Young Ebenezer Scrooge and Jacob Marley are very different in temperament when they meet in the gloomy confines of Professor Drabb’s Academy for Boys, but they form a bond that will endure for the rest of their lives.

As years go by, with Marley’s genius for deception and Scrooge’s brilliance with numbers, they build a shipping empire of dubious legality and pitiless commitment to the slave trade, concealing their true investments under the noses of the London authorities. Circumstances change, however, when beautiful Belle Fairchild steps into Ebenezer’s life and calls into question the practices that made him wealthy. Under the influence of a newfound passion, Ebenezer tries to turn Scrooge & Marley’s business toward better ends, but his partner is not ready to give up his unsavory past or easy profits so quickly. Ignoring the costs to themselves and those around them, the two engage in a shadowy war against each other, leading to an unforgettable reckoning that will echo into their futures.

Brilliantly written in Jon Clinch’s signature “spellbinding” (The Washington Post) prose, Marley is an unforgettable reimagining that will forever deepen the way you view the Christmas classic.

Trust me, this is really good. It's not a Christmas tale, by any means, so don't worry if you don't know A Christmas Carol. Instead, it's a completely new story with some unexpected twists and turns. Yes, it's a little dark, but with some humor and great characters. And it's beautifully done. You're not going to want to miss it.

Last edited:

MissySki

Angel Diva
Looking forward to reading it! Having grown up with A Christmas Carol, I’m excited to have a new story bringing the characters to life at another point in time.

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
Finn was great. I finally started The Thief of Auschwitz, so I am sure I will be ordering this soon.

newboots

Angel Diva
Ugh, I’m still working on Finn! DH really enjoyed Finn so I’m sure he’ll like this one too! Congrats!!!

Finn was hard to start. A little further along, it was impossible to put down.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Here's an FYI: MARLEY comes out October 8, but Goodreads is giving away 100 Advance Readers Copies from May 18-30. So be one of the first to read it! Starting May 18, go here.

newboots

Angel Diva
Ooh! Thanks, I entered. I hope he gets lots of entries and some good publicity for the book through this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly