• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Where did you/will you end your 2018-2019 ski season?

Am716

Certified Ski Diva
My ski season will probably end this week with a couple days of skiing at Boyne Mountain (the only resort open still in lower Michigan). But honestly I think my ski season ended in Utah! The skiing was awesome with 30in of pow and the skiing in Michigan just hasn’t been the same.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just counted my season total and arrived at 75 days. I’m pretty pleased with that. There’s a lot to work on next year like getting my confidence back, but I’m still happy with the fun I had and the people I saw all season! I will miss a collection of you over the summer!

Bookworm

Angel Diva
My ski season will probably end this week with a couple days of skiing at Boyne Mountain (the only resort open still in lower Michigan). But honestly I think my ski season ended in Utah! The skiing was awesome with 30in of pow and the skiing in Michigan just hasn’t been the same.
I come up to Petoskey and TC for work and need to get out to those mntns. Have you been to Homestead up by Empire?

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes. Used to live in Northern California, but started skiing here in my early fifties.

Any chance you are in the Phoenix area? I am looking to make Scottsdale my 2nd home - if you are in the area, can I ask you some questions? Thnks!

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@santacruz skier : I started skiing in Arizona. I've never skied in Tahoe.

@Susan L : I do not live in Scottsdale. My daughter lives there from time to time, and I have in-laws that live in Scottsdale six months of the year. Then they are back "home" to Southwest Colorado when May arrives in Arizona.

Littlesonique

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m not sure... but if I never make it to Mammouth before July, it was last Thursday at Deer Valley (shocker).

Am716

Certified Ski Diva
I come up to Petoskey and TC for work and need to get out to those mntns. Have you been to Homestead up by Empire?
I have not been. I usually stick to nubs because it’s my fav out of the mountain, highlands and nubs. But I hear some of the other ones are pretty good like shanty creek.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Hi @Am716 and @Bookworm! We were just at Nub's this past Friday/Saturday. Probably the last two days of our season but I’m not quite calling it yet. Mammoth is still a possibility, but since both us us are looking at new boots, and me at skis, it's probably not a realistic one.

Am716

Certified Ski Diva
Hi @Am716 and @Bookworm! We were just at Nub's this past Friday/Saturday. Probably the last two days of our season but I’m not quite calling it yet. Mammoth is still a possibility, but since both us us are looking at new boots, and me at skis, it's probably not a realistic one.

Boyne Mountain is once again in their competition with Bohemia on who can stay open the latest! Will be at Boyne this w-fri. And it’s looking like a couple in of snow this Thursday!!! Wet and heavy. But at this point I can’t be too picky.

I would love to get out to SLC again. They are still getting pow storms. But it’s unlikely.

HikenSki

Angel Diva
Wow, so envious of you divas who can get 70+ days on the snow. I can't even imagine that! Our seasons here in the mid-Atlantic is so short and with our limited budget it is hard for us to travel. So it's get all we can get in the few short months or splurge for a long week somewhere and call it a day. Sigh... We've now moved on to backpacking, cycling, and kayaking till November. :-D

mustski

Angel Diva
I will definitely be skiing in Mammoth for our spring Diva meet up from May 28-June 3. I will probably go at least once more - possibly a dual Squaw and Mammoth trip during the last week of June. Spring skiing is only a few hours of fun, but it is sooooo much fun. We RV it and, assuming DH's back holds up ok, we do some mild hiking in the afternoons.

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
Two weekends ago in Grandvalira. I am heading down today for the closing weekend, but I don't believe I'll ski, just hang out and hike around. The ACL-less knee is a little whiny.

Best wishes to all of those still at it!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I ended my season at Okemo on April 13, giving me a total of 89 days for the season, a personal record. Conditions were very good all spring, but things were really starting to deteriorate. The rain and warmer temps were beginning to take a toll. It was time to bring it to an end.

Usually I'm in a real funk this time of year, but on Monday we're going to the Netherlands for a bike trip, so I have that to look forward to! I'll let you know how it goes.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I ended my season at Okemo on April 13, giving me a total of 89 days for the season, a personal record. Conditions were very good all spring, but things were really starting to deteriorate. The rain and warmer temps were beginning to take a toll. It was time to bring it to an end.

Usually I'm in a real funk this time of year, but on Monday we're going to the Netherlands for a bike trip, so I have that to look forward to! I'll let you know how it goes.

Have a blast on the trip!

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Tomorrow Brighton LDS day (last day skiing)....more a party than a ski day but tailgating is a form of skiing, right? With 625 inches of snowfall this season and 130 inches still on the ground, it's a sweet way to end a season.

But my absolute last day is May 5----we skin up to a party spot (secret) at 11,000 feet for my bro's birthday bash. Danbo Day----the young ones get up to the top first and set up as us oldsters ascend. The ski down is a blast.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Last ski day was yesterday at Alta. Lucked out that it was good weather for an Alta Lodge on snow picnic, which happens the last week of the season only if the weather cooperates. @Bookworm, Bill, and friends who ski Massanutten were part of the group.

I had a great season. Skied less at Massanutten (home mountain in VA) than usual, partially because I went to Taos in January for the holiday week. Ended up with 20 days in the mid-Atlantic or northeast, plus 42 out west. For the northeast, I focused on New Hampshire in mid-December and early March before I picked up my daughter for school breaks (boarding school near Boston). Not too likely to ski in New England much in the future since she graduates in June. For destination resorts, I had Ikon and MCP. Used the multi-resort passes the most at Taos, Big Sky, and Alta.

Skied with quite a few Divas this season. Always fun to meet new Divas!

* First time

Killington
Wachusett - 19Nov, 07Mar, 14Mar
Loon
Wildcat & * Attitash
* Bretton Woods
Sunday River - 3
Waterville Valley - 2
* Stratton
Tenney
* Cannon
Sunapee

Mnut - 4, Demo Weekend, 6 inch snow Sat afternoon and night

Taos - 7+6
Targhee - 2
Bridger - 3
Big Sky - 6
* Deer Valley - 1
Solitude - 1
Alta - 16, inc two mornings in Mineral Basin, in April

Last edited by a moderator:

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm heading to Mammoth tomorrow for spring break with my kids but hope to make it up once more before the resort closes in July.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly