• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Vermont over Easter?

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi folks- if we were to take an Easter trip up to Vermont, which resort would you choose? I know a lot will be closed by then. Is Killington the only reliable option? Any idea whether they will still have green and blue runs open during that time? Or will it be mostly limited terrain open?

Thanks!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, that's a tough one. It's seriously warming up here in Vermont. Many places will already be closed. Killington would most likely be the best option, though terrain will likely be limited. If possible, I'd wait as long as I could before making plans. I don't think you'll have any trouble getting someplace to stay.

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mansfield has a huge snow pack, as do Jay and Burke. Those might be your best bets. SVT will be a bust. If the potential storm this week doesn't materialize, I think we're going to see a bunch of those resorts closing soon.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Thanks for starting this thread, I was about to post a similar question! I’m hoping that even with limited terrain, Killington will still have trails open other than Superstar? Does anyone have any idea if that would be likely?

newboots

Angel Diva
Thanks for starting this thread, I was about to post a similar question! I’m hoping that even with limited terrain, Killington will still have trails open other than Superstar? Does anyone have any idea if that would be likely?

Today at Killy I’m told there was 3-4 inches of new wet snow over frozen boilerplate. Forecast calls for cold nights most of this week, and again next week.

Still, spring is coming fast. They have scheduled the Bear Mountain Mogul Challenge for this weekend, pond skimming next weekend, and the passholder’s party for Saturday the 20th. Bear Mountain is likely to close shortly after the competition, and if I remember correctly, the other trails dropped off quickly after that.

allright

Certified Ski Diva
I think Killington is your best bet if VT is your only option. If I were you and you have the whole week I would consider driving 5 more hours up to Tremblant and you will have lots more snow and open trails than Killington. Last year I was at Killington the weekend after Tremblant in April and it was a huge difference.

I was also trying to figure this out and settled on Snowbird. There are some pretty good deals for lift ticket and hotel for the Spring.

Jilly

Staff member
Tremblant is supposed to be open for Easter, but not sure about other days. In the past they closed during the week. Know more after this weekend. But you would have 4 days for sure. Friday through Monday.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah I was at Tremblant last weekend and it was awesome. Just not sure if I’m up for a second long drive in a couple weeks :smile: but I do think that will be a good late April option for folks willing to make the drive up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly