• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Is anyone else interested in European ski safari next season?

mustski

Angel Diva
Venice sounds fun! We could also add another ski resort! We are totally open to options, hence this thread!

KathrynC

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Resorts I've been to are so huge and you are usually buying a ticket for 4-5 areas ....For instance, Chamonix has 4-5 different areas. There is no way you could ski them all in a week or two... plus Courmayeur Italy is on the other side of the Mont Blanc tunnel...
However @mustski 's links look very fun.. I skied the Aosta Valley in 2011 and skied Pila, Monterosa, La Thuille, Cervinia for a week... then took train to Sorrento and did Pompeii, Capri, and Amalfi Coast.... Heard the Dolomites are gorgeous.....maybe I need to join @mustski on her safari....

I don't know - Chamonix does indeed have 4 or 5 ski areas (Le Tour, Grands Montets, La Flegere, Brevent, Les Houches), but they are all quite small. It is certainly possible to comfortably cover all of the groomed terrain at Le Tour in a 3-4 hours, maybe 4-5 hours for Grands Montets so I would suggest that you could certainly cover most of the groomed terrain in Chamonix in a week. Having said that, there is a LOT of lift-accessible side country in those areas. You could happily ski new terrain at Grands Montets for days if you are happy away from the pistes.

Chamonix is relatively undeveloped though - it is a mecca for touring so there has been local resistance to extending the amount of groomed terrain and putting new lifts in. Some of the other large super-resorts like Three Vallees and Espace Killy have a lot more groomed terrain and you do have to push it to cover everything in a week, however in those areas the lift systems are a lot more joined up so you waste less time transferring between areas with buses.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I’m very interested, and will be following this thread. Probably not in the cards for me next year though. I’m about to sign my seasonal condo lease for 19/20 and also planning on Jackson Hole, so Europe might be hard to add in as well :wink: Ya never know though. What dates are you all thinking about?

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Like @MissySki , I'm following but think it's unlikely for me/us. But what an exciting adventure!

MissySki

Angel Diva
Just so you all know, I've seriously been considering a Euro Diva gathering in 2021 instead of a Diva West that year. I've never been skiing in Europe, and it'd be great to do it with the Divas!

If that is the case I’ll focus on saving up for that rather than trying to cram in everything in 2020! That would be amazing!!

mustski

Angel Diva
Just so you all know, I've seriously been considering a Euro Diva gathering in 2021 instead of a Diva West that year. I've never been skiing in Europe, and it'd be great to do it with the Divas!
Dang! One year off for me. 2019/2020 is my travel year because Gavin will be home and dog sitting for us! Hopefully nobody will be offended if I keep posting in this thread for others who may want to do a ski safari in 2020.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Dang! One year off for me. 2019/2020 is my travel year because Gavin will be home and dog sitting for us! Hopefully nobody will be offended if I keep posting in this thread for others who may want to do a ski safari in 2020.

Just the opposite! I for one would love to follow along, and I’m sure many great ideas will be generated as well!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Somehow I was unable to read the whole article, but did see the Aosta Valley was mentioned, and that is where I stayed for a week when skiing in Italy. Beautiful place.

Teresa

Certified Ski Diva
I skied Meribel, France last season and it was AMAZING. The snow and terrain were absolutely gorgeous. Highly recommend it!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly