• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Massachusetts skiing 2018-19 --Wachusett, Berkshire East, Jiminy Peak.... and more!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was thinking of going tomorrow too. I need to be up at the crack of dawn anyhow to take DD to the airport since the T won't running yet.

Divegirl

Angel Diva
Might as well put your early up to good use :smile:. Not sure what the conditions will be like after all the rain and warm and deep freeze overnight.
Safe travels for your DD.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, it was cold today at Wachusett. But sooooo worth it! The snow was perfect packed powder on every run. There was practically nobody there, so it never got skied off. So much fun!

MissySki

Angel Diva
MA ladies, where do you get your skis tuned locally? After 5 days in Aspen for diva west, I have some dings or rolls on my base edges that I need to get taken care of. Bases themselves seem fine, so I don’t think I need a grind. I used to have my skis tuned in ME when edges were necessary, but I’m not there often enough now to do it there and would like to get them taken care of asap. Does Wachusett have a good shop?

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've had mine tuned at Wachusett, and have been satisfied. They also have a new tuning machine this year, "Big Blue". Also, when I had my Absolute Joy tuned early this season, they were even able to do it that day! (Well, one guy said they were busy, the other guy spoke up and said they could do them right then, much to the first guy's chagrin.) I went and grabbed my other skis from the car and kept skiing while they were doing the tuning.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wachusett has started their usual "rest and next" deals for passes. Basically buy next year's pass at their lowest price, and you can start using it this year already. A couple of years ago I took advantage of it to upgrade my bronze to a silver (adding weekends) once I saw the season was going to keep going for a while with good conditions. They don't get lines on spring weekends like they do the rest of the season,.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I emailed Ikon today giving feedback on several items including that there are MA skiers who would really like to see Wachusett added back into the mix as they were on the MAX pass previously. All of my other feedback about having add-ons like before seemingly fell flat, but I did get a response about Wachusett saying that they were going to try and push for their inclusion for next season. I'm not sure if that will actually be the case, but if you feel the same way and would like to send a quick email on it, I don't think it would hurt! I assume the more people who ask for a resort to be added, who we also know want to be added from discussions with Wachusett representatives at the Ski Expo, the better! I personally would love for them to be back on the pass so I could take advantage of some weeknight lessons next season close to home without paying for another season pass! :smile:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Oh my, MA is about to get dumped on! My daughter's school near Boston called a snow day for March 4 based on the forecast for tonight. The school has boarders but most of the students are day students who commute in various ways.

Here are some predictions from OpenSnow for Sunday night:
Blue Hills 6-11"
Nashoba Valley 6-11"
Wachusett 5-9"
Berkshire East 4-8"
Jiminy Peak 4-6"

Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 9.51.15 PM.png

knolan12

Angel Diva
Does anyone know if it's possible to find discount tickets for Butternut for a weekend? I found great tickets through work ($42), but after fees and and shipping (!! what they're tickets), they come to almost $60 which is the same as the mountain.

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Does anyone know if it's possible to find discount tickets for Butternut for a weekend? I found great tickets through work ($42), but after fees and and shipping (!! what they're tickets), they come to almost $60 which is the same as the mountain.

If you can ski on Fri instead of Sat or Sun, you pay $25 at the mountain. I don't think they have any tickets left on Liftopia, and haven't seen any of the local retailers offering discount passes.

knolan12

Angel Diva
If you can ski on Fri instead of Sat or Sun, you pay $25 at the mountain. I don't think they have any tickets left on Liftopia, and haven't seen any of the local retailers offering discount passes.

I thought that might be the case :( I scoured everywhere I could think of and nothing. Unfortunately we can't do Friday, so I think we'll just suck it up and pay the regular price. $60 isn't bad, I just hate paying full price for anything hahaha

marzNC

Angel Diva
Very nice spring skiing at Wachusett today. Temps in the 40s so it was a little on the too soft side by noon on the lower mountain. But that meant it was perfect for testing out my Floskis with Phantom. These are wide skis that I demo'd at Mammoth last May. Combined with Phantom, I had some very good runs in snow that was all pushed around without having to worry about any potential stops due to sticky snow.

The portable snow guns are all in own place. My guess is that snowmaking is done for the season. Hopefully won't rain too hard tomorrow. The K2 demo day on March 15 was cancelled because of the weather forecast.

marzNC

Angel Diva
A few pics from my days at Wachusett in the past week. One of the reasons I wanted to go back was because there were trails that weren't open when I went before. In particular the trails that are actually on top of roads that are open during the summer season.

Can you see the sign for Speed Limit 20MPH on Roper's Road? No snowmaking here
Wachusett Mar 7 2019 - 1.jpg

Overlook, a group of tween girls had fun sliding down the ice after climbing up into it
Wachusett Mar 7 2019 - 2.jpg

Mass Pike is on the Summit Road
Wachusett Mar 2019 - 1.jpg

New O'Brien's grill on the deck serves beer and grilled cheese sandwiches
Wachusett Mar 2019 - 2.jpg

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a few Irving gas BOGO coupons that I don't think I will get around to using before the season is out. There are places in NH, VT, MA, ME, CT and NY on the list of where you can use them. Any divas who will be able to use one, PM me and I can send you the code.

https://www.theirving.com/ski

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wachusett is having their annual demo sale this Friday. According to the website, you can still apply demo fees from the two weeks leading up to the sale to the price of the skis.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Wachusett is having their annual demo sale this Friday. According to the website, you can still apply demo fees from the two weeks leading up to the sale to the price of the skis.

Hmmmm does a list of their demo fleet exist?? I was just wondering if they have Nordica Santa Ana 100s, but that seems really unlikely to me.. I’d prob bite at that big of a discount if they did.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Oh and I wonder if this also includes their alpine touring equipment. Think I need to call and inquire tomorrow.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Well, in case anyone was wondering.. no Nordica 100 for demo, and only downhill gear is being sold. Actualky the best case scenario because now I win’t be soending any money lol

marzNC

Angel Diva
Interesting to see that Wachusett does a free Instructor Training Open House midweek during late season.

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 11.00.33 PM.png

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly