• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Massanutten 2018-19

marzNC

Angel Diva
Well, well, well, Massanutten is selling season passes for next season, 2019-20, during late season. That's a first I think. Available March 1-17, Full Season pass is 10% off. For new passholders, will be good all of March.

Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 10.51.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 10.54.03 AM.png

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
The precipitation today was more ice pellets than snow. Nothing stuck to the ground and what got on the cars was more slush than snow. This is the second year in a row the demo day I went to practically rained the whole time. The snow was crinkly and slushy. Everthing I wore was very wet when I got done, luckily only on the outside. I’m going to start a new thread for my demo day because something happened I did not understand.

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Absolute best conditions of the season on Friday (5 inches of new snow) and Saturday. It felt and even looked like a ski resort! The groomers did an amazing job to set up for the slush that was inevitable on Sunday w/temps in the high 60's. Looks like the mountain will stay open through the 24th.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Absolute best conditions of the season on Friday (5 inches of new snow) and Saturday. It felt and even looked like a ski resort! The groomers did an amazing job to set up for the slush that was inevitable on Sunday w/temps in the high 60's. Looks like the mountain will stay open through the 24th.
Wow! 5 inches is a lot any time, even more so during late season.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Going to be a nice final long weekend for Massanutten, March 22-24. Can see from the webcams that there was plenty of snow to push around near the base for the lift loading areas. There are 9 lanes for snow tubing, which can only happen with a solid base. My guess is that there is side-to-side coverage on Paradice and DJ off Lift 6.

Temps will mean soft snow in spring conditions, but it's suppose to cool at night so probably won't be any slush on Saturday and not until early afternoon on Sunday. A little windy, but Mnut rarely has issues with wind hold given how protected Lifts 5 and 6 are because they are well below the treetops.

Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 9.15.41 AM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Well, well, well, Massanutten is selling season passes for next season, 2019-20, during late season. That's a first I think. Available March 1-17, Full Season pass is 10% off. For new passholders, will be good all of March.

View attachment 10449

View attachment 10450
Since closing day is March 24, the early bird offers for season passes for 2019-20 are good until March 24.

What's different is that Wintergreen is offering an "Affordable Pass" that is designed to compete directly with the Mnut Value Pass. But unless something major is announced, Wintergreen black trails off Highlands will still close at 4pm because there are no lights. Mnut trails are 100% lit for night skiing, which means it's possible to continue to ski into the late afternoon under the lights before stopping for the day. Or start at 4pm on Saturday and get in 3-4 hours on the slopes with a Value Pass.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Hadn't noticed that Massanutten was offering 50% off lift tickets during late season for anyone who had a season pass from another mountain.

I've used my Mnut season pass at other mountains during late season for a discount a few times.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Massanutten may be open on March 30! Wintergreen will close after today, March 24. This could be the first time that Mnut closes after Wintergreen. I think the fact that there are a lot of locals who work the winter season at Mnut, compared to the young adults from other countries who get a work visa to work at Wintergreen, may make a difference. Quite a few locals work the "green seasons" at Mnut as well. I know there are mountain bike instructors who also have jobs (ski patrol, instructor) during the winter season.

Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 9.22.08 AM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Last day for Massanutten for 2018-19. 50% off a late season lift ticket with another season pass.

Looking at the picture on SkiSE yesterday, clear that there is side-to-side coverage on Upper Showtime, Paradice, and DJ. MakAttack and Main Street/YeeHa won't be open first thing, but might open later. Snow depth is noted as 16 inches. The type of day when the umbrella bar on the lodge deck will undoubtedly be open all the way (doors and roof).

Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 8.24.35 AM.png

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Massanutten may be open on March 30! Wintergreen will close after today, March 24. This could be the first time that Mnut closes after Wintergreen. I think the fact that there are a lot of locals who work the winter season at Mnut, compared to the young adults from other countries who get a work visa to work at Wintergreen, may make a difference. Quite a few locals work the "green seasons" at Mnut as well. I know there are mountain bike instructors who also have jobs (ski patrol, instructor) during the winter season.

View attachment 10599

True. The Nutt is employee-owned, so they have many local full-time year-round employees. They also tend to stick around and work for many years. Some of the lift operators have been there for 25 years and I know at least 3 patrollers who also work the mountain bike trails. There are several ski instructors who are also golf pros or licensed pool operators. Quite a few employees live right there on the mountain which makes for a great commute!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly