• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What if Ski Divas ruled the world?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
:bump: I just stumbled upon this fun thread from waaaaaay back. Anyone have anything to add?

Tvan

Angel Diva
Ski resort restrooms would be on the ground floor and every stall would be big enough to accommodate turning around in ski boots. There would also be baskets for gloves inside the stall.

Weather reporters would rejoice when snow falls from the sky.

Cars would have an option for winter driving, and chains would automatically deploy when needed.

All ski lodging would be ski in /ski out.

Ski patrol would readily pull passes for violations of the safety code.

Snowboarders would sit down at the edge of the trail instead of the middle.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A “skiing liscence” like a drivers license to make sure everyone can control themselves and stop when they need to before being allowed outside the bunny hill. Same requirements to aquire. (Eg safety course, basic test). Same consequences if they behave irresponsibly too. Especially when caught skiing while intoxicated. Have seen way too many people sneaking alcohol onto the hill...

MilkyWookiee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ski resort restrooms would be on the ground floor and every stall would be big enough to accommodate turning around in ski boots. There would also be baskets for gloves inside the stall.

Weather reporters would rejoice when snow falls from the sky.

Cars would have an option for winter driving, and chains would automatically deploy when needed.

All ski lodging would be ski in /ski out.

Ski patrol would readily pull passes for violations of the safety code.

Snowboarders would sit down at the edge of the trail instead of the middle.
PREACH! I'm thinking something to the effect of "go go gadget snow chains!"
Also I think I recall glove baskets in the stalls at Mount Snow. It was pure luxury.

MilkyWookiee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What about all lower mountain lift Tix and Tix for anyone under 12 include a free REQUIRED 1/2 day ski lesson. Even for kids who ski quite well, at least it's a few hours of peace for the parents. And it helps ensure beginners learn to ski safely

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Boots would automatically adjust to the feet!

Ski clothing sizing would make sense and be comparable to real world clothing sizes!

All chairlifts woukd have safety bars, footrests, and heated seats.

And I wouldn't have to ASK people if it were OK to put the bar down! I found at Deer Valley this past week I had to ask for the bar a lot. At least I only got a big huffy sigh of 'if you have to ....' once! VT the bar always goes down!

Since a little girl fell off a chair at the Canyons a week or so ago and had to be airlifted out to SLC, you might think people would be more aware of safety. But no.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Abbi right!? Since I started working at a ski resort, I've noticed that people fall off/get hit by chairs a LOT more than you would think. I heard also that the Granby Ranch accident was caused in part by a lift operator who was bored and decided to speed up and slow down the lift at rapid intervals, which caused the rope to sway enough that the chair hit a tower.

Why, given the incredibly obvious risks, would anyone object to a bar going down?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
And I wouldn't have to ASK people if it were OK to put the bar down! I found at Deer Valley this past week I had to ask for the bar a lot. At least I only got a big huffy sigh of 'if you have to ....' once! VT the bar always goes down!

Since a little girl fell off a chair at the Canyons a week or so ago and had to be airlifted out to SLC, you might think people would be more aware of safety. But no.

Bar down is a state law in VT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly