• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Never ending boot saga continues

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:crazy: I found it easier, you'll stop focusing on fighting for control inside your sloppy boot.
Your talking a cm or less depending on how the boot is structured re: fore /aft.
Unless you are significantly changing the forward lean or ??? I don't see why it wouldn't be anything but a huge improvement. So yes, you will need to re learn that its actually easy to control your ski with subtle movements and enjoy "skiing" and not constantly be thinking about control.

Last edited:

SquidWeaselYay

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:crazy: I found it easier, you'll stop focusing on fighting for control inside your sloppy boot.
Your talking a cm or less depending on how the boot is structured re: fore /aft.
Unless you are significantly changing the forward lean or ??? I don't see why it wouldn't be anything but a huge improvement. So yes, you will need to re learn that its actually easy to control your ski with subtle movements and enjoy "skiing" and not constantly be thinking about control.
That makes sense. I'm an chronic over-analyzer, so I'm probably getting ahead of myself.

We might try to make me a little more upright.

I had a heck of a time in the 6" of fresh snow wednesday. I couldn't initiate the turns with my tips because my boots stiffened up to the point where flexing was realllllly difficult. My Achilles tendons and calves are still sore. I didn't realize how much effort it was taking to initiate turns correctly on groomers until I got into heavy fresh snow and it felt nearly impossible. Had to turn by kicking my edges from side to side.

Jilly

Staff member
I would think your shins should be sore from being on the front of the boot and pressuring it.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Quick question - Has anybody ever had issues after downsizing your ski boots regarding your stance or fore-aft balance? Is it harder to stay on the sweet spot once you have less boot to find it with? Interested in the impressions of others who downsized so that I am prepared if I need to re-learn how to ski lol.
It can be an issue, but I am finding binding delta plays into this even more. Flat bindings are small footed gals friends!!

SquidWeaselYay

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hm...I was on the Santa Anas that have marker squire demo bindings. Maybe that has something to do with why my achilles took the damage and not my shins?

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hm...I was on the Santa Anas that have marker squire demo bindings. Maybe that has something to do with why my achilles took the damage and not my shins?
Take note of what bindings are on all of your skis. How old are the Marker demos you have? I'm telling you, it makes a HUGE difference, binding delta does. HUGE!

You haven't gotten the new boots yet, have you?

SquidWeaselYay

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Take note of what bindings are on all of your skis. How old are the Marker demos you have? I'm telling you, it makes a HUGE difference, binding delta does. HUGE!

You haven't gotten the new boots yet, have you?
Not yet. Got a call from Dieter on tuesday, and they do make the boot doc liner he wants to use for me in a 22. He said he will give me a call back when he knows when it will arrive.

I'm not sure how old they are. I have the 2017/18 Santa Ana 93's with the snowflake topsheet. The squires came already mounted on them. Got them as demos off of Ebay at the end of last season.

I have attack 12's on my kenjas.

SquidWeaselYay

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Spoke to Dieter today, going up on Saturday to get the boots done. He said that it is going to take a few hours, but that he wants to do it in the afternoon (12/1 at the earliest) so that my feet will be at the largest they get. Probably won't leave me much time to ski Jack Frost. :/ Do they have a 4 hour lift pass or anything like that? Or night skiing?

This is a relief, I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to get them done before the Big Sky trip. I was dreading doing another week in my current setup.

mustski

Angel Diva
Spoke to Dieter today, going up on Saturday to get the boots done. He said that it is going to take a few hours, but that he wants to do it in the afternoon (12/1 at the earliest) so that my feet will be at the largest they get. Probably won't leave me much time to ski Jack Frost. :/ Do they have a 4 hour lift pass or anything like that? Or night skiing?

This is a relief, I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to get them done before the Big Sky trip. I was dreading doing another week in my current setup.
Stay overnight at a motel or something and ski it the next day. I highly recommend this before you go to Big Sky. With luck, they'll be perfect but, if not, you can pop right back in.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Jack Frost closes around 4/4:30 but Big Boulder, owned by Jack Frost/Peak Resorts, is also right nearby and has night skiing, FYI...

Sparky

Angel Diva
Hopefully this will all work out for you, esp before Big Sky. I was in the Mach1 LV in 22 last season and I too felt the tongue bite on my shin and actually may have even experienced some slight bruising. Boot fitter said he could try to something to help it but I declined and just skied in them some more and eventually the pain went away. Prob just got used to it. So hopefully that will be the case for you as well. Good luck!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yep. He said it was necessary due to the ultra low instep. Let me know how it goes!
Well, they are much snugger, particularly on the instep, so I'm excited to try them. And they feel quite a bit stiffer than the stock BD liners, which I'm happy about. Might take them for a few runs tomorrow after work. :D

SquidWeaselYay

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hm, more stiff you say? I wonder how much stiffer they will make the mach 1 95. I may have to get the shell softened right off the bat.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hm, more stiff you say? I wonder how much stiffer they will make the mach 1 95. I may have to get the shell softened right off the bat.

Don't do anything until you ski them, trust me. I have always felt the stock tongues were too soft.

What are those? Curious!
The BD liners (at least most of them) come with a standard, non-injectible tongue. You can now get an injectible tongue to replace their stock tongue. So, the voids along the shins, instep, etc. are also filled in. There are now liners available that come with the injectible tongue, and I believe next year's Comfort Foam liners come with one (but don't quote me on that.)

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm really excited for you, and to hear how it works out. I think these liners are the greatest invention EVER for those of us with stupid narrow feet and ankles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly