• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Boot fitting Lange SX90

Cyprissa

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, I went to a boot fitter recommend here because my feet are tough and he put me in a bunch and the Lange SX90 was the best of the bunch but I had some cramping on my wider foot. He thinks it just needs to be blown out a bit and otherwise should be good. My current boots cause massive cramping which he said is from a too loose heel and a boot that is way too soft. The flex on the Lange is only a 90 but felt much stiffer than the Atomic that was supposed to be a 105. He said I am a challenge because I have extremely short tibia/lower leg and I’m very strong. I also have more narrow heels and ankles and chunky calves.

Anyone have experience with this boot or have a wide foot?

Jilly

Staff member
I have a wide foot too. I've had both boots fixed for my toes. This past summer was the first with all my toe nails. Don't know much about the SX90's. But if you're boot fitter knows his business...go with it.

My boot fitter spends his winter's in Whistler...just sayin..

Cyprissa

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Jilly the fitter is one of the three Brian’s that gets mentioned in the DC Metro all the time and apparently he coaches with Roger Brown. I’m just so nervous based on my terrible feet. I always thought I was a normal person...not tiny but not super big, average height, etc. but ski boots and pants make me feel like a freak.

kiki

Angel Diva
I too use the same bootfitter as @Jilly now (thank you Jill!)
I have wide calves and narrow ankles and wide feet. The lange rx110 Is what I’m in. The bootfitter had to do a bunch of work but they fit my ankle nice and snug which helps a lot with skiing.
Your bootfitter will be able to tweak the boots for you as needed.

Cyprissa

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@kiki the Lange boots fit my heel so much better than any of the Atomic or Salomons which I could literally pull my heel up and out of the heel pocket completely. A lot of the other brands were also too tall for my short legs so they hurt my calves or were almost to my knee.

Polly

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, I went to a boot fitter recommend here because my feet are tough and he put me in a bunch and the Lange SX90 was the best of the bunch but I had some cramping on my wider foot. He thinks it just needs to be blown out a bit and otherwise should be good. My current boots cause massive cramping which he said is from a too loose heel and a boot that is way too soft. The flex on the Lange is only a 90 but felt much stiffer than the Atomic that was supposed to be a 105. He said I am a challenge because I have extremely short tibia/lower leg and I’m very strong. I also have more narrow heels and ankles and chunky calves.

Anyone have experience with this boot or have a wide foot?

I just got out of that boot, spent 1/2 full season on them in total max and while I loved them initially, I didn't understand how a boot is truly supposed to fit. I needed a narrow last, and the SX90s are a wide last at 102. Lange is heavy, I am now in Atomic Hawx XTD so each weighs 2lb., but I really liked the Langes, and they were WARM. It's a good performance boot and the flex I think was softer than my new ones- 110, but Lange really runs pretty stiff. The boot height and forward tilt of the boot was awesome, the power strap never loosened and the liner was warm and integral. I recommend it. I am selling my Lange SX90 23.5 mondo if you're interested. The women's fit really is nice and I didn't think I'd like it at first. Quickly learned I need it!

Cyprissa

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Polly thanks for the review! Too bad I need a 24.5 mondo or I’d definitely be interested. I need the width sadly and while the Atomic were a lot lighter, I could pull my heel out of the pocket while fully buckled. That’s the problem with my current Salomon boots plus they aren’t stiff enough at all. I’m getting lots of foot cramping.

Polly

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Polly thanks for the review! Too bad I need a 24.5 mondo or I’d definitely be interested. I need the width sadly and while the Atomic were a lot lighter, I could pull my heel out of the pocket while fully buckled. That’s the problem with my current Salomon boots plus they aren’t stiff enough at all. I’m getting lots of foot cramping.
Ugh, yeah, I feel you. The worst part of learning to ski for me were the boots. Have you tried the normal width, or even narrow width Atomics? Keep in mind that not all boots, or "widths" like flex are created equally. You may not need a wide boot (it may pack out and end up being too wide and then you'll be cutting off your circulation from having to overtighten in efforts to secure your ankle after wasting money on footbets to take up volume which wasn't the issue anyways)...you may need a normal boot, or a narrow boot, or a sized-down boot (i.e. a 23.5 despite being a 24.5) followed by liner and shell customization via heat molding.

Cyprissa

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Polly unfortunately I even need the Lange wide boots ground a bit. I have little bunions on both feet and they are wide to start with.

Polly

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Polly unfortunately I even need the Lange wide boots ground a bit. I have little bunions on both feet and they are wide to start with.
Oh ok. Yeah, that's tough. Try some Technica's if you haven't already. I tried a bunch on at that phase of my boot saga and found them wider than the Langes, I just don't recall the models.

sk8ski

Certified Ski Diva
I was put in Lange SX 80, and I like them a lot. I have a very narrow heel and ankle, wide ball of the foot with Morton's neuroma in one (no symptoms for several years, thankfully), large calves.

Seems like this is indeed the boot that generally fits your foot type, and the bootfitter is confident he can adjust them to work for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly