• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Makeup for workouts

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Living in Colorado requires daily sunscreen...I wear it everyday, without fail, even to the gym...and I like mineral sunscreen that is tinted (counteracts the white cast). My go to is tinted EltaMd 41. Also, the iron oxides that provide the tint have good skin benefits. I also use Colorscience products....the eye product is amazing! I pop on a little cream blush with SPF in it, too.

For me, having color on my face is more about health/sun protection...and, I do like the glow!

mustski

Angel Diva
I don't wear make-up like foundation or blush when I work out or ski, but I always wear mascara. My eyes just look like they're not even there if I don't, and I hate that.
I am the opposite. I wear foundation, blush, eyeliner but no mascara. Too often, I have to wear contacts and I don't want to risk mascara getting in my eyes.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
...I have to wear contacts and I don't want to risk mascara getting in my eyes.
^^ This. Ow. Not worth it. So my eyes aren't "there." They can see okay if nothing bothers the contacts!
Otherwise, sunscreen or tinted moisturizer with sunscreen on face. Which is almost always covered by gaiters anyway (until April!).

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not to derail the current conversation, but since some of you have mentioned tinted moisturizers with spf..

Does anyone use one that’s really really light coverage and not cakey or drying?? I used to absolutely love this Neutrogena one that was discontinued. I tried their “replacement” product that was a BB cream that they claimed was equivalebt, it sooooooo wasn’t! I’ve tried a couple of other brands and they were also drying and cakey like the BB cream, too much coverage/can hardly spread it/yuck! I really want another sheer coverage lightly colored tint that’s super moisturizing. Still so so sad that the one I used to use went away. If anyone has suggestions, I’d love that!!

IT CosmeticsYour Skin But Better™ CC+™ Cream with SPF 50+
Supergoop!CC Cream Daily Correct Broad Spectrum SPF 35+ Sunscreen
Peter Thomas RothSkin to Die For™ Mineral-Matte CC Cream SPF 30

I also add in a drop or 2 of oil to thin the CC Cream out a bit.

I would stop by Sephora and pick up a few samples

Smashbox also makes a really nice tinted moisturizer...

kiki

Angel Diva
I guess I am ambivalent on the topic. I usually wear no makeup to ski but will use a tinted lip oil. The lack of makeup is more about laziness than anything else. If it was my job and i was being photographed, or if I was single and hoping to meet someon, I might add some waterproof eyeliner and mascara, but I’m more comfortable without it.

DeeSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m with @ski diva on the mascara. I’m quite fair and my eyelashes disappear. Other than that I wear very little makeup in my free time. I’m like @Obrules15 when it comes to work. Suits and makeup go together! I occasionally have to attend events for work at the weekend and really resent when it means wearing a suit or makeup! I couldn’t care less if other people wear makeup. If you want to, go for it. There are definitely some situations where I feel more comfortable and confident with makeup but on the weekend, when I’m hanging out with my family or doing the groceries I don’t feel the need. My family were full of praise for how glamorous I looked at Christmas. I eventually had to admit that for once I had worn makeup instead of just turning up in my usual state!

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I took a wilderness first responder certification course this summer. One day I had to be a patient, so they mocked me up with some fake bruising and abrasions. It was the first time I'd worn make-up since I quit my teaching job in March.

I find that my skin looks better when I'm active and outside a lot; when I feel like I need make-up it's usually the case that I've been busy and sedentary and I feel like garbage and so does my skin. But I do spend a decent chunk of time and money at the hair salon. IMO, a girl needs a hairstyle that 1. Isn't gray, 2. Is stylish without calling attention to itself, and 3. Looks fine after being in a helmet for six hours.

DeeSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Haha @SallyCat, totally agree with you on the hair. I’m lucky to have quite “good” hair by nature and I’m so vain about it! With a good cut, my hair looks reasonable with very little effort. At the moment my gray is passing itself off as platinum highlights. My hairstylist laughed so hard at me on my last appointment. I was like, I don’t mind if it’s gray, as long as it’s a colour. I like to pretend I don’t care about my hair but if I get a bad haircut or have to spend any time styling it, I’m like a demon. Your “makeup” sounds awesome btw.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@DeeSki
Me to my hair stylist several years ago: "I think it's time to deal with the gray. What about highlights?"

Stylist to me: "You, um.....don't really have anything to 'highlight' because it's all gray. Would you like a glass of wine?"

Me: "Sarah, I think we both know the answer to that question."

DeeSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:rotf: @SallyCat I’ve tried the highlights route. Ages at the salon and $$$ later, I arrive home. My husband asks what took so long and I remind him I was getting it coloured as well as cut. The then 6 year old swivels his head round to me and says “but Mama, your hair is exactly the same colour.”

So basically, I’m hoping it goes full “platinum” before I notice.

Drinks all round.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@mustski @MainSkiLady
^^ This. Ow. Not worth it. So my eyes aren't "there." They can see okay if nothing bothers the contacts!

Long time contact wearer. Surf, ski, ride, hike work, (and sometimes accidentally sleep) in contacts wearing Almay Waterproof thickening mascara.

Littlesonique

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My hair is a totally different thing! I'm all about my hair but I'm fortunate enough to be able to take off my helmet, run my fingers through it and boom... good hair!

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I am the opposite. I wear foundation, blush, eyeliner but no mascara. Too often, I have to wear contacts and I don't want to risk mascara getting in my eyes.
Otherwise, sunscreen or tinted moisturizer with sunscreen on face. Which is almost always covered by gaiters anyway (until April!).
@mustski @MainSkiLady

Long time contact wearer. Surf, ski, ride, hike work, (and sometimes accidentally sleep) in contacts wearing Almay Waterproof thickening mascara.

Contact wearer since the mid 80's. I nearly always wear mascara, but it is waterproof. I get most of my cosmetics at Ulta or Sephora, but Mascara is Covergirl LashBlast (orange tube) or Maybelline Lash Sensational (taupe tube). Clinique Take the Day Off balm gets even the most stubborn mascara off.

I go to my fitness class in zero make-up but always wear tinted moisturizer, mascara, and gloss/balm skiing. Go figure.

DeeSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m a huge fan of Clinique Lash Power mascara. It doesn’t smudge but comes off easily with warm water. I wear contacts too and it doesn’t irritate my eyes.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I actually wear more makeup to ski high altitude west resorts than I do almost anywhere else. Even though I don't burn anywhere else (except for the Caribbean after 8 hours) 10,000 feet definitely gets me. I refuse to actually purchase sunscreen so I just wear my BareMinerals Complexion Rescue tinted moisturizer. It works well and has very light coverage.

OK, I have to ask: Why do you refuse to purchase sunscreen?! Since I ski in the winter and sail in the summer I live in it!

Obrules15

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OK, I have to ask: Why do you refuse to purchase sunscreen?! Since I ski in the winter and sail in the summer I live in it!
It's a waste of money-I'm skin type 4, I don't burn so I'd only use it because supposedly "everyone needs it". It impedes Vitamin D conversion and levels are a concern for me.

Makes no sense to buy sunscreen to prevent something I'm at super low risk for and be forced to turn around and have to buy vitamin d to prevent things I'm at super high risk for. I'm lucky enough to be able to enjoy the sun without slathering on chemicals, so I do.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly